A career in stock trading - page 2

Kirilll писал(а) >>

You optimise it for a year, you are happy with the profitability of almost 2, but on forward everything goes to 0.8 or even less. So I ask you, who was doing it then, did they all quit?

Probably not everybody did.

But if you don't quit, be prepared for FX to swallow you and your time.

Noterday писал(а) >>
>> "Once you've started, you've got to finish" :)

The problem is that the journey is painfully long, and there's no certainty of a big prize along the way. I'm very much afraid of reinventing the wheel along the way, which is why I asked this question on the forum. And there is usually more than one path. This way seems like a dead end to me, that's why I ask how others do ?

Kirilll >> :

Quitting is the easiest thing to do. The problem is that a lot (in my opinion of course) has already been done, a lot of time, energy and nerves have been spent. And for what?

half a year is not enough time.

and do not believe the ads in the newspaper?

yes, the ads are doing their job perfectly.

it's just that somewhere i hope that there is a chance to make some money in forex.

there is

I ask these respected forum users, have they had such questions, have they reached the wall of futility in the process of creating a TS, how did they get out of them or have they decided to give it up ?

I'd say 99% yes.

So my question is, who did then, did they all quit ?

it's a matter of luck (:

Maybe I should just step sideways and look there ?

here you go, if you get into it, and if you have excellent logical thinking skills, you'll start collecting profits in a year

>> http://elliottwave.ru/

I, too, often have such doubts...but I try to strive for a positive result, sometimes I score all this for a week, when my brain is already boiling, but then I strive again, I do something I do. In the end I hope for the best)) the main thing is to constantly create, and the desire to lead you to success. That's how I see it. In any case, the market teaches other positive things that relate directly to a person's personality. So, in any case, you'll learn a lot of useful things for yourself. Good luck and SUCCESS!

Kirilll писал(а) >>

The problem is that the journey is painfully long, and there's no certainty of a big prize along the way. I'm very much afraid of reinventing the wheel along the way, which is why I asked this question on the forum. And there is usually more than one path. This path seems like a dead end to me, that's why I ask how others do ?

I think a person can be proud of himself if he invents the "bicycle". In any field of knowledge.

"He who seeks millions sometimes finds them,

he who does not seek, never finds."

joo >> :

I think a person would be proud of themselves if they invented the 'bicycle'. In any field of knowledge.

"He who seeks the millions sometimes finds them,

also consider (:

And don't forget about sticks, I understand you haven't met them yet, and they are there...

Here for example like stable 20% (or more) per month (30 calendar) days, reals have a cloud of reports from large reals ### )

http://www.onix-trade.net/?act=monitoring_stat&xid=11154

But the strategy is gone :(, yes, it stole today at 14-30 Moscow time.

Conclusion: There are profitable strategies, but we have to look for them - and we should not fixate on one Expert Advisor, we must fixate only on the rise of the deposit!

Kirilll >> :
>> Hello all. I started mechanical trading with a lot of enthusiasm, but now I'm really losing it. I am rather newbie myself and I have been doing it for half a year now. I've read at least 5 books and created about 5 different Expert Advisors, two of them are even more complicated, with few indicators, which give beautiful results during optimization but always fail during forward testing. Of course I have plans to create EAs based on all basic strategies and read all literature on optimization, but is it reasonable? Do you think it makes sense to stay in this business, is it possible to make some serious money? In general, is there anyone who got rich on trading or everything is done for love of the process of programming or everyone believes in the ads in the hope of luck? If, however, it is still possible to make money here, then where, in what direction should I go?

You're fast, though. Six months is not enough. I'm more or less stable started to turn out after 2 years of work. Before that, I had all sorts of systems, which wobbled the balance in different directions, but mostly in the direction of zero.

You have to create a strategy that is profitable from the outset, not through the process of picking indicator parameters.

This is very important, and the process of coding, testing and the rest is pretty simple (well, of course, mostly, as there are strategies that are very difficult to program).

joo писал(а) >>

I think a person would be proud of themselves if they invented the 'bicycle'. In any field of knowledge.

"He who seeks the millions sometimes finds them,

Based on everything I've read, a dry residue of thoughts can be made (although maybe not all opinions are represented) that :

1) There are no Expert Advisors with the iron positive optimization, so somewhere in some periods of less profit, somewhere more.

2) Hard work on the Expert Advisor and its parameters does not guarantee profitable work in the future, like, for example, passing the program on accelerated typing from the keyboard guarantees the increase of speed of typing. This is very scary in general.

3) Forex is a kind of black box, inquisitive visitors are given the right to guess which bar pattern is present in it now. The luckiest guesser gets his million.

4) And those who are not guessing are taught that it is losers' fault, because they did not do well in maths at school and are given the right to go to the terminal with a new account and read.

Something smells like a clever pyramid scheme. That's really my opinion. And people made money on MMM too, though not in the long term.

You can make money and live rich, but you have to be prepared for the fact that, firstly, the exchange takes up all your time and, secondly, sooner or later you will still get a margin call. It's inevitable. So think about it, would you be willing to sell many other pleasures of life for the exchange game and the constant anxiety (instability)? I say yes!
Reason: