Is it possible to implement a RELIABLE accounting of the aggregate position structure in MT5? - page 30

timbo писал(а) >>

You don't need any log, you don't need to write anything down, a bunch of EAs can easily trade on the same instrument.

Imagine two EAs on the MA, one with long periods, the other with short periods. Each of them opens and closes positions at crossing up or down. Now think about or even draw on a piece of paper how trading would go with this sweet couple without any logs, without alternative accounting.

You do not know how to think broadly. For you there are only rollover strategies?

What about if an EA has opened a trade, should it go through to the end? Close the previously opened position.

And how, in this case, should he react to the disappearance or increase of the position?

Well, we have already written everything several times!

Avals >> :

Let them open with 1 lot. At a certain moment I have one lot open on a symbol by some (unknown) Expert Advisor. I receive a signal to open one of them. My system is designed not to open additionally at repeated crossing i.e. the system trades only one lot. How do I know if the open lot is the same system that received the re-crossing signal and should be ignored, or is this lot from another system and a new position should be opened?

Forget about opening and closing. Think about buying and selling. Crossing from the bottom - buy, crossing from the top - sell. With the lot specified for this system. Don't think about whose position is opened/closed/closed.

What is "double crossing"? Is it two crosses in a row from the bottom and none from the top? Does it happen that way?

Of course the real life may complicate this algorithm, but everything can be solved quite easily if you approach it in the right way.

kombat >> :

Yeah, so the later IFRS is an alternative to RAS?

Which is also kind of well-established and Russian banks have been doing accounting for many years and didn't know what was wrong.

:)))) Russian banks are marginal... were... until they switched to IFRS.

How many years is "many years"? To my memory there has never been one, except for Sberbank. And Sber is not at all what it was just a short time ago. So all russian banks are marginal.

api >> :

You don't know how to think more broadly. For you, there are only rollover strategies?

What about if an Expert Advisor has opened a trade, should it go through to the end? Close the previously opened position.

And how, in this case, should he react to the disappearance or increase of the position?

Well, everything has been already written several times!

"It has been said many times before that you should analyze the market, not your own wallet. And certainly not the history of that wallet.

The flip strategy is offered as the simplest example. Open Excel and write down any strategy according to the "market signal - buy/sell" criteria, without any "follow up" and "previously opened positions". Maybe then you will be able to understand what I am saying.

timbo писал(а) >>

Forget about opening and closing. Think in terms of sell and buy criteria. Cross from below - buy, cross from above - sell. Specified for this system lot. Don't think about whose position is opened/closed/closed.

What is "double crossing"? Is it two crosses in a row from the bottom and none from the top? Does it happen that way?

Of course, real life complicates the proposed algorithm, but everything can be solved quite easily if you approach it properly.

Nothing changes on the sell and buy criteria in this case. I initially think by these criteria because I used to trade on exchange and I'm still trading. There are systems where you have to know what and how much they have already opened. If you don't like it, you may close it differently. Or if you don't like to close, you can "do the opposite trade".

timbo >> :

"Many years" is how long? To my memory, there hasn't been one at all, except for Sberbank. And Sber is not at all what it was just a short time ago. In other words, all Russian banks are marginal.

How many...

Russian banks are the successors to the banking system of the USSR, the banking system of the USSR is the successor to the bank of Tsarist Russia, the bank of the Russian Federation is the successor to ...

There you go and count it...

;)

timbo писал(а) >>

"It has been written many times" that you should analyse the market, not your own wallet. And certainly not the history of that wallet.

The flip-flop strategy is offered as a simple example. Open Excel and write down any strategy according to the "market signal - buy/sell" criteria, without any "follow up" and "previously opened positions". Maybe then you can understand what I'm saying.

I got it all figured out a long time ago. Waiting for others to understand.

timbo писал(а) >>

"It has been written many times" that you should analyse the market, not your own wallet. And certainly not the history of that wallet.

I think you are only partly right. TS making trade decisions on the results of previous transactions is of course nonsense, but TS correcting its work (or terminating it, for example) on the basis of transactions held, has the right to life. Although, it can be organized by virtual trading based on historical data. However it is a little bit more difficult...

On a lot system, you can go to netting. How is the lot system more flawed then?

getch >> :
You can go to netting on a lot system. How is the lot system more disadvantageous then?

The net system is undoubtedly inferior - already by virtue of the fact that it limits the control and management possibilities compared to the lot system.

Reason: