AMD or Intel as well as the memory brand - page 59

I won't be counting on it... let it trade under the table, besides, the problem of viruses and all sorts of leftovers disappears when there is a separate computer....

Yes, you're probably right, and the 6 rubles gain in power consumption at all is ridiculous...

The parameters of my laptop are known.

Yes! I would like to stress once again: the tester's \history,\cash* folders must be empty!

==============================

Duplicated my request to Rosh in his PM. Expressed my wish to see an answer in this thread. No response so far. Maybe we'll at least get an answer.

Svinozavr >> :

Dear Rosh.

Could you help our fiddles, interesting, judging by the attention given to you as well, in this way.

For a test that is invariant to trading conditions and history, we need something like a test build of MT4, which should have history stored in it, no online access and in which the test EA with the necessary settings is already recorded.

Of course, we can achieve the same for all history and trading conditions, but it requires additional qualification and effort from a volunteer tester. Not many people will do the test in this form (mainly because of laziness))).

Something can be done in this vein?

Unfortunately, there will be no test build of MetaTrader 4, as it is actually another project. At the moment all our developers' efforts are focused on the MetaTrader 5 project.

Isn't it possible to use a startup with a configuration file, where you can specify a check script for the necessary quantity and quality of quotes and set all the necessary settings by default?

Dmido >> :

I won't be counting on it... let it trade under the table, besides, the problem of viruses and all sorts of leftovers disappears when there is a separate computer....

Yes, you're probably right, and the 6 rubles gain in power consumption is ridiculous...

I took the Atom only because of its mobility, still a laptop is not as handy as a netbook. And because it's cheap. And because of the desire to have a separate normal computer for trading.

Mobile Core 2 Duo T9800 @ 2.93 GHz, cache 6 MB L2 on the new Expert Advisor showed 6min. 32 sec.

Rosh >> :

Unfortunately, there will not be a test build of the MetaTrader 4 terminal, as it is actually another project. So far, all efforts of the developers are focused on the MetaTrader 5 project.

Couldn't you use the launch with the configuration file, where you can specify the check script for the necessary quantity and quality of quotes, and set all the necessary settings by default?

Yes. This has already been suggested, by me in particular. But the amount of body movement becomes a psychological barrier. Even now, see what needs to be done:

1. Download test-advisor with configuration file.

2. Download the necessary history.

Set up the tester: set dates, set deposit (only parameter ranges in the set file), uncheck gen. algorithm, load the set file.

4. Clear the cache and history of the tester before running the test. On the first, clean run this is not necessary, but who knows how many times the test has been run. Let the field be clean.

To make sure the conditions are completely identical, add:

5. Setting a hard spread using a separate program, which also needs to be downloaded and sorted out.

6. Do an operation to import the reference history.

Agree, few people would want to test their hardware with such a hassle! And many still don't have necessary skills to do all that. So the idea dies at the root... '(

In general, I don't know what you're arguing about here. Nor is it clear why you are multiplying the execution time by the frequency. Clearly, the shorter the time, the better. And in general, there are no miracles.

Red results, on Expert Advisor, are out of the pile, although the script is quite normal. I think the author has something wrong with testing.

HideYourRichess >> :

Just as it is unclear why you multiply the execution time by the frequency.

Let me explain: it allows you to see (albeit roughly, at a glance) the bottleneck in the configuration. Whether the stone is hampered by other system components or not. That's all.

Svinozavr >> :

Explanation: This allows you to see (even if only roughly, at a glance) the bottleneck in the configuration. Whether or not the stone is hindered by other system components. That's all.

I doubt it's possible to see it that way. At least so far, you can only see that everything is about the same and the newer the system, the better.

HideYourRichess >> :

It's doubtful to me that one can see it that way. At least so far, you can only see that everything is about the same and the newer the system, the better.

You are in your own right - doubt it.

Svinozavr, what was the initial deposit in the test?

Reason: