Interesting question... - page 2

Azzx >> :

That's not what I mean. Let's imagine that a person believes in the trend. The volatility that has been measured in some way for some time suddenly drops. What should he do?

© the main thing is to keep your dick up and your money rolling in © ))

your head won't stop spinning until you forget about all the terms

You may operate with the term volatility volatility, but at different moments the same waves may be called a signal or interference.

Mischek >> :

An urgent and deep dive into matchmaking

And what - does it really get the profits!!! Ж8-)

Azzx >> :

And what - does it really get a profit!!! Ж8-)

Nah

but he'll stop asking bullshit.

Come on, it's actually a valid question. I've come across it myself recently. The dictionary, yes, says it all.

Высокая волатильность – характеристика рынка, склонного к резким колебаниям в течение короткого периода времени. Волатильность связана с активностью рынка.

And what do we mean by these fluctuations, or rather what scale of fluctuations is considered to determine the volatility of trades?

And now a pop-up question. Which day is more volatile, the 7th or the 6th of July for the Pound?

If we assume that every tick is a price change, i.e. we take the minimal price scale, then according to the tick volume July 7 is more volatile, but if we take the more usual volatility = distance in pips according to the high-low, then it turns out that the 6th of July is more volatile. Although, even in this formulation there is a question of scale. And what if more than one "key point" has passed within the day by the measuring of key parameters, and it doesn't matter about all the ticks?

Then who is more volatile? Your opinions.

Mischek >> :

Nope

but he'll stop asking bullshit.

I came across a wonderful parable online yesterday... It's short, so I'll retell it.

Anyway, God once asked a programmer:

- What is heavier - a kilo of iron or a kilo of fluff?

- A kilo of fluff, answered the programmer. And he was right.

One of the background to the question comes down to scalper technology.

As a variation of the question: Is it possible to create a scalper with large targets?

Or, coming from the other side, quite blunt, but similar: Does it make sense to measure volatility over a large period of time?

Azzx писал(а) >>

They say the right question is half the answer. This seems to have occurred to me today.

So I suggest a topic for discussion: "What is volatility in forex anyway?" ;)

... it's when the crabs... at three, but today... not at five... but yesterday...

actually the question should be "how to define volatility..." (and over a certain period - very important clarification) otherwise "what is volatility" will gather a bunch of opinions on "what is..." and the question "HOW" may get lost in sight... what is volatility everyone already knows... imho...

Azzx >> :

does it make sense to measure volatility over a long period of time?

It is up to you to decide.

The definition of volatility is so short that it has no ambiguities and no more interpretations

And the rest you have to think for yourself.

Sabluk is partly right about forgetting all the terms.

But to really nail something, you have to learn it first.

It doesn't work without immersion.

You use the word scalper for example, and what do you mean by it?

A few years ago, scalping was one thing (I.Kim presented it with pictures not long ago)

now it is different ( synonymous with pipsing )

DDFedor >> :

... is when the crayfish... three, but today... not five... but yesterday...

actually the question should be "how to define volatility..." (and over a certain period - very important clarification) otherwise "what is volatility" will gather a bunch of opinions on "what is..." and the question "HOW" may get lost sight of... what is volatility everyone already knows... imho...

That's the trick. If I knew WHAT to measure, I would surely find out HOW to measure it. And the "WHAT" includes the "definite period".

Mischek >> :

You use the word scalper for example, but what do you mean by that?

Exclusively cutting off the top of the movement. I.e. we see movement - go down. When it stops (price is pulling back already) - we climb up.

Although the pipsqueak option is actually just another side of the issue.

Azzx писал(а) >>

That's the trick. If I knew WHAT to measure, I would surely find out HOW. And the WHAT includes the "certain period".

mmm... take the previous bar for half an hour... abs(high-low)=x... the answer is... the volatility in the previous half hour was x points... is that the answer?

that's "for the past"... but the "for the future" answer "how to determine volatility..." is the prize...

Reason: