Working with your hands is better - page 11

And I would also be sure to take into account the number of trades - to have an approximate idea of how significant these profit and drawdown figures are.

Mathemat писал(а) >>

I don't know what to tell you anymore. I'll say something and you'll get out of it anyway :)

Nah, I'm just saying. The real criterion for evaluating a TS or a trader is not the number of pips or the number of dollars - but the number of percentages of profit over a certain period of time....)))) Preferably with a percentage of drawdown.....)))) The rest is water...))

Mathemat писал(а) >>

And I would also be sure to take into account the number of trades - to have a rough idea of how significant these profit and drawdown figures are.

When you give money to the bank for interest, do you care how many trades they make and where they invest the money or how many points they have earned? And yet they are doing the same thing - trading on the stock exchange, investing in projects....

If I suddenly become an investor in a trader, I will be interested in how many trades he makes for that very 100% annual return. And so will you, Leonid, for sure. If it is five trades, I will definitely not invest in him. But if it's a few hundred, then I'll think about it.

And the bank - it won't give me this information anyway.

Mathemat писал(а) >>

If I suddenly become an investor in a trader, I will be interested in how many trades he makes for that very 100% annual return. And so will you, Leonid, for sure. If it is five trades, I will definitely not invest in him. And if it's a few hundred - I'll think about it.

When I invest, I'm interested in four parameters.

1. The evenness of equity growth.

2. The duration of the equity history.

3. The riskiness of the trade, i.e. the percentage of margin used.

4. The size of the drawdown.

The number of pips and trades does not matter at all....))))

How can there be less deals at 10,000 than 1,000? :)

And you have to prove that with 1000 the strategy is at least as good as with 10000.

Just do the math. :)

Leo, you know my super estimate. Do you understand? Probability, my hint. :)) That's the only true criterion. All the slippage is secondary. And that's what counts. :)

Mathemat >> :

If I suddenly become an investor in a trader, I will be interested in how many deals he makes these very 100% per annum. And probably you too, Leonid. If it is 5 trades, I will definitely not invest in him. And if it is a few hundred - I will take it into account.

And the bank - it won't give me that information anyway.

And if this normal trader is Soros and he won't tell you how much and what and where he makes?)

SProgrammer писал(а) >>

How can there be less deals at 10,000 than 1,000? :)

And you have to prove, that at 1000 the strategy is at least not worse than at 10000.

Pipsing is not discussed - the variant is doomed in advance, with few exceptions....))))

There are very few MM options. It's easier to assign it later on as the right one. I don't think you're hearing me - MM is a way to make quid out of points.

LeoV писал(а) >>

Pipsing is not for discussion - it's a doomed option, with few exceptions....))))

I'm not religious, you know that :) ... I don't care what.... Money doesn't smell. :)

Reason: