Video courses on programming in MQL4. - page 6

Mezon:

Thanks, by the time I figure it out this way it'll be a mkl 6. I don't understand the examples that are supposed to and are given to understand... One of them says: Calculate the largest area of a rectangle circumscribed by a meter long string. I don't want to learn tailoring. And how would such an expert work in meters or centimeters.

The Golden Key comes to mind...

Little Boy: Pinocchio, you have two apples, did you give one to a friend? How many apples do you have?

Pinocchio: Two!

Malvina ???

Pinocchio: Why should I give my friend an apple?

You've got to take it easy, gentlemen students. A meter long string is not a tailor's business, the point is that the sum of the sides of a rectangle equals one meter.

Let's put it another way - "find the largest area of a rectangle with a perimeter of 1 meter", is that better?

No problem, I can go too far in my abstractions. I don't understand the example itself, what does it teach and how can I apply it to writing an EA?

""I would like to express my sincere gratitude to Renat Fathullin, CEO of MetaQuotes Software Corp. Renat Fatkhullin for his trust, professional support and full cooperation, as well as the company's employees Stanislav Starikov and Rashid Umarov for their valuable advice and help in preparing the textbook."

Sergei Kovalev."
Even such "maestro" who probably has 10 years or more of programming experience did not know something and asked the above-named staff ... So I do not understand and so I asked. The thread was kind of innocuous but it only had a promising title. What's not to be mocked about here. There's mocking examples of one cartoon and another I've seen them both... by the way. Or are these necessary qualities of programmers?

Mezon:

No problem, I can go too far in my abstractions. I don't understand the example itself, what does it teach and how can I apply it to writing an expert?

It teaches:

1. Solve systems of equations

2) Find extremes of functions

3. Calculate derivatives

Mezon:
Or are these necessary qualities of programmers?

The most important quality of a programmer (IMHO, of course) is the ability to INDEPENDENTLY The most important quality of a programmer (on my opinion, of course) is the ability to work.

Think about your own prospects in this field: who will need you as a programmer if you are not able to independently solve problems?

Imagine the situation: you have already learned something to code, and decided to take your first order. You will be told some nonsense instead of a normal TOR (you bet) and you decide to take the job. Along the way you will discover that ( :)))) ) Customer meant something else about which you have no idea. Can not do the job yourself - go to the forum ... How to do it yourself - you do not know, help - no one, the prepayment for the work taken and has been partially spent, the customer requires the results, which (as it turned out), you can not deliver.

And now, as they like to ask in Odessa: do you need it?

Don't be offended: it's not a mockery, it's all the same practical experience. I used to be just as clueless as you. But when no one would answer my questions, I usually ended up with the phrase: ok, I'll try it myself. And so I sat down, and worked it out myself, and did it myself ;)

Teaching is free... to waste personal time...

not many people are going to answer the questions

--

self-study is of course better -- usually better when you're on your own.

better memorized.

--

But as a rule, the proud bird flies better after getting a head start

ForexTools:

The most important quality of a programmer (IMHO of course) is the ability to INDEPENDENTLY work.

Think about your own prospects in this field: who will need you as a programmer if you are not able to solve problems by yourself?

Imagine the situation: you have already learned something to code, and decided to take your first order. You will be told some nonsense instead of a normal TOR (you bet) and you decide to take the job. Along the way you will discover that ( :)))) ) Customer meant something else about which you have no idea. Can not do the job yourself - go to the forum ... You do not know how to do it yourself, there is no one to help you, an advance payment has been taken and partially spent, the customer requires results that (as it turned out) you can not deliver.

And now, as they like to ask in Odessa: do you need it?

Don't be offended: it's not mockery, it's all the same practical experience. I, too, was once just as clueless as you. But when nobody gave me an answer to my questions, I usually ended up by saying: ok, I'll try it myself;

Thank you, I'm not in danger of doing that (writing software on demand). I want to learn it just for myself. I'm doing so I read myself, to write anything is still far away. Learn to master, but each baffling will take a month or more, as a result, instead of a few weeks I will probably spend several years. After all, I don't live in a desert... so why can't you ask? It'll be clear right away if I'm going in the right direction...

HIDDEN:

Hello to all those interested.

A lot of people write to me, no, not so many people write to me, asking for help with this or that code.

I help some people but not others because I get a huge code and try to figure out what is wrong there.

I have the idea of creating a video course on programming MQL4 Expert Advisors, scripts and indicators. Is there a need in this matter?

I would be interested to hear the opinions, suggestions, and anything else that concerns this subject.

Yes, I do, it is necessary. Is there any progress in this direction? Is there a video tutorial in runet?

I think if a person can't understand a language after reading a textbook, no video course is going to help them.

Techno:
I think if a person can't understand the language after reading a textbook, then no video courses will help them...

I understand the textbook.

For me, it makes a huge difference whether to read or watch. And in general, I am not talking about myself, but about video courses and their usefulness for beginners.

I don't quite understand why everyone wants to start with a textbook. The "For Dummies" series is, in my opinion, a much more accessible place to start.
Reason: