MetaTrader does not reflect reality ! How can I fight this ? - page 4

It's a well-known scam, usually showing up on the news and whether there's not enough global traffic or something else, it doesn't work properly on the news.

I've been running 4 terminals from different offices...

The funny thing is that the terminals sometimes hang in sync... (You can tell by the terminal time. It stops)...

And sometimes some terminals freeze, while others are working for some time...

This question has been discussed for years...

All the answers and the broker and here on the forum boils down to "YOU HAVE A TROUBLE WITH THE INTERNET" ...

Except that I, for example, fiber optic... 5 Mbit...

I got a different provider at work... there's 10 Mbit and there's a fibre optic as well...

i don't believe in problems with the provider... it's a scam...

and i have noticed that in a quiet market the weaver has never had a problem...

Solver.it писал(а) >>

Only all the answers, both from the broker and here on the forum boil down to "YOU HAVE INET PROBLEMS"...

Except that I, for example, have fibre optics... 5 Mbit...

I got a different provider at work... 10 Mbps and also has fibre optic...

Providers may be different, but the site may be the same, this does not mean anything. Sometimes I also see such freezing of quotes and with Alpari, at another broker for half a year I've never seen such situation, probably it is some kind of server settings or "filtering device", because there is a certain relation to abrupt market movements. I do not remember if it was here or at Alpari, but it was worse before (couple of years ago), I even had a topic about it.

I immediately thought of the ISPs... but I know their staff well...

and I know for a fact that the sites are different... and their channels are different...

I'm inclined to think it's a scam by the DCs themselves...

In the Expert Advisors you have to do 4 blocks:

1. logic

2. Order management

3. Capital management

4. FIGHTING WITH DC...

Better писал(а) >>

This problem has been around for a long time. One of brokerage companies hangs terminal after receiving message by internal mail:

And they can do this "daily routine system update" three times a day.

I am combating it this way - from an external program regularly (by timer) I send to MT4 the command to rescan the servers - SendMessage(...)

Can we see the full code of SendMessage!? And can it be placed in a loop in the EA or will the EA also die together with the terminal?

vvavva >> :

and the full code of SendMessage can be seen!? and can it be put into an EA in a loop or will the EA also die along with the terminal?

Here is the code, which I call from external program (in C++):

SendMessage(hwnd, WM_COMMAND, 37400, 0);

Here hwnd is the main window handle of the terminal. If there are multiple terminals running, we send this Message to all windows in turn.

I don't know what will happen if I insert it into looped Expert Advisor - I haven't tried it.

If you put it in the usual start() function, which will be executed once for each tick, it definitely won't work because the flow of ticks stops when it hangs.

dasmen >> :
It's a known scam, it usually appears on the news and whether there is not enough global traffic or something else, but it does not work properly on the news.

The messages about "daily routine system update" have nothing to do with the news and most often happen at night, in a calm market.

So there is no need to suspect the machinations of brokerage companies.

You've unearthed the problem after all :-).

Then a word or two about how it can be reproduced.

Firewall ZoneAlarm is installed on the computer.

You start the terminal - find the connection icon with your eyes - everything is OK.

Then we go to ZoneAlaram and say Engage Internet Lock.

Of course server to terminal data is cut off.

But the terminal thinks it's OK, I guess,

it can hold that status for an indefinite amount of time,

and it keeps the same "connected, all OK" icon -

which is basically what's wrong with it.

Next, we go back into ZoneAlarm. And remove Engage Internet Lock.

Already this event can be handled by terminal

(probably the datacenter breaks the connection unilaterally in the absence of response).

connection unilaterally).

Therefore the terminal says "no connection" and immediately goes to the datacenter.

Of course, there are solutions to get away from this problem.

Better писал(а) >>

Here is the code I call from an external program (in C++):

SendMessage(hwnd, WM_COMMAND, 37400, 0);

here hwnd is the main window handle of the terminal. If several terminals are running, we send this Message to all windows in turn.

I don't know what will happen if you insert it into an looped Expert Advisor - I haven't tried it.

If I put it into the usual start() function, which will be executed once for each tick, it definitely won't work, since the flow of ticks stops when it hangs.

HENRY!

jartmailru >> :

The problem has been dug out :-).

Then a couple of words on how it can be reproduced.

Firewall ZoneAlarm is installed on the computer.

Runs the terminal - looks for the connection icon - everything is OK.

Then you go to ZoneAlaram and say Engage Internet Lock.

Of course server to terminal data is cut off.

But the terminal thinks it's OK, I guess,

it can hold that status for an indefinite amount of time,

and it keeps the same "connected, all OK" icon -

which is basically what's wrong with it.

Next, we go back into ZoneAlarm. And remove Engage Internet Lock.

Already this event can be handled by terminal

(probably, datacenter breaks if there is no response.

connection unilaterally).

Therefore terminal says "no connection" and immediately gets to the datacenter.

There are of course solutions to get away from this problem.

Are you so naive as to think that everyone has ZoneAlarm? I don't, and 99% of people don't.

Reason: