Visual Studio Professional 2010 (English) - page 5

DmitriyN:
It has prospects - practical application of knowledge, at least - in Office
No, that's not a prospect.
In general, if you start with java or sharpe, what's wrong with that?
There are only classes. Full stop.
And get used to all the public/private crap right away.

DmitriyN:

Boo. What the hell kind of perspective))

I'd rather learn python then.

I don't understand, if you were taught BASIC/PASCAL/whatever, are you going to sit in it for the rest of your life? In my opinion, the most important thing they should teach you is algorithms. You can learn the basics of any language in a week and then it's upwards.

TheXpert:

Boo. What the hell kind of perspective))

I'd rather learn python then.

VB is bullshit, bullshit-like. You'd better learn anything you like, e.g. C, Toad, or PHP in combination with html... Or even MQL.

dualbit:
I don't understand, if they teach you in school BASIC/PASCAL/whatever, are you going to sit in it your whole life? In my opinion, the most important thing they should teach you is algorithmic. And the basics of any language can be learned in a week and then it's upwards.

That's what we are talking about, the commands are similar anyway, and the structure is not that different. But young people resent it, they want something new...

It's a normal process, by the way.)

...in 1998 I won a district olympiad in QBasic 4.5.

At the regional one, 38th place out of 70. Personal achievement.

Particularly amusing were the problems on combinatorics...

sorry for the lyrics.

dualbit:
The most important thing that should be taught, in my opinion, is algorithmic.
Well, just UML - why do you need a language at all?
... And there are software packages that generate both program code and tests from a diagram.

jartmailru:
Well, just UML - why do you need a language at all?
... And there are software packages that generate both program code and tests from the diagram.
So you have to know what you're doing and how you're doing it in order to use it. I'm not talking about programs in these cases, but about the logical links themselves.

Igor, thank you so much, finally got a licensed copy of VS 2010.

more: Igor, thank you very much, finally got a licensed copy of VS 2010.
please, well let's just say not quite a license .... ;)
Reason: