The FLET formula - page 32

khorosh:

I am not a scientist, I am an engineer, so I do not investigate the physical nature of any phenomenon or try to anticipate the results of its use. I test all ideas in a tester, and if they give positive results, I use them in my EAs.

The results of using the hidden divergence are not so good. The drawdown is rather large.

I don't think so, especially taking into account the fact that in your tester the profit accumulation is even and the ratio of profit to maximal drawdown is about 9 which gives a good enough margin of error.

That's why I'm interested in this topic.

I have connected both the flat and the trend. they really overlap, otherwise they are lost.

i confirmed the fact that the risk in a flat is much higher than in a trend (not in the progah, it just happens that way, of course)

Many newbies start their trade that way, with pips and say they are lucky ;)

it's really hard, i've been struggling for a week

i had to trade all the waves from small to large at the same time, it was a real bummer.

but that's how the program started to work.

i just remember the indicators, but i still do not have them in my trading

i have to kill two birds with one stone with any trading operation: improve balance or equity, antislip

other way is not interesting.

that's the tricky part.

I have never tried to use this in trading, so I`ve already written it before.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and strategy testing

FLET formula

Renat Akhtyamov, 2021.03.09 03:52

I have been there for a while, but I don't know how to take profit. There was a time, there was a system, but I don't know how to take profits that I can't get enough of.

Renat Akhtyamov:

That's it. I've combined both the flat and the trend

it was confirmed by the fact that in a flat, the risk is higher than in a trend

Many newbies start out that way, with pips and say they are lucky ;)

Man, it's really hard, I've been struggling for a week

i had to trade all the waves from small to large at the same time, it was a real bummer.

but that's how the software started to work.

I do not know how it is possible. There must be some kind of filter (may be in the form of coefficient).

Otherwise, small waves can be confusing, leading away from the big wave.

Renat Akhtyamov:

I combined both the flat and the trend. They really overlap.

One expires from the other.

But it has nothing to do with losing.

In this case, we may not even know what a trend and a flat are, but still be able to make money (I've already experienced one of them).

In itself the definition of the trend and flat will not give absolutely nothing. Apart from a complete situational understanding of the markets.

Marat Zeidaliyev:

Well, what can I say?

with that kind of thinking and perception.

it's a long time before you have an epiphany.)

you'd better get it out of your head if you think the drawdown "has to" be zero.)

The grail has only two possibilities: either it is profitable or it is not.

if it does, the rest is for hamster fans )

No, he's right. The drawdown is zero, that's a fact.

CHINGIZ MUSTAFAEV:

One bleeds out of the other.

But it has nothing to do with losing.

It is possible to have no idea what a trend and a flat are, but still make money (I have already encountered one such case).

In itself the definition of the trend and flat will not give absolutely nothing. Apart from a complete situational understanding of the markets.

Of course it gives nothing. The system will also, after the fact, show by the way it has traded.

Renat Akhtyamov:

The fact that the risk is much higher in the flat than in the trend has been confirmed (not in the prog, it just happens that way, of course)

Of course, it's uncertainty. Confusion and vacillation. Some people want to continue the banquet, the others see the reversal of the previous trend, which they finally saw, right at the end :)))). When both are punished, the crowd will finally decide on the direction - the trend will continue (against them, of course - tearing their stops off in an avalanche). From uncertainty to uncertainty. Groundhog Day is endless.

CHINGIZ MUSTAFAEV:

I don't think so, especially considering the fact that in your test the profit accumulation is even and the ratio of profit to maximal drawdown is about 9, which gives a lot of room for action.

That's why I am interested in this topic.

Did some more digging with this EA yesterday and managed to improve some of the numbers. Test from 01.01.2019.

CHINGIZ MUSTAFAEV:
It's beautiful.
As the number of trades has increased, even the probability has increased to as much as 80%.
It can be seen that there is a hard take without a stop and at the same time even that small overbetweening that is there, does not increase the maximum landing at the expense of the signal quality. This means that the lifetime of orders in the market is very short, less than 8 hours, maybe even four.)
When will you open a signal? Or you do not want to open it for the sake of interest?

No, I do not do signals. I am more interested in earning directly from the market. I do not want to reveal my strategies.

khorosh:

No, I don't do signals. I am somehow more interested in earning directly from the market. And I don't want to reveal my strategies.

And you are right)
Reason: