the true unprofitable face of the adviser - page 9

delyus:

The only Expert Advisor that showed profit in the Strategy Tester, when I downloaded quotes from the Center's Hitachi, the price went straight to the floor.

Hi !

Creating an EA gives you an understanding of the strategy to work manually (this is the tricky part you need to do to become a pro in the market) : ))))))))))))))))))))))))

delyus:

aver,

But they take it not when the movement is over and the price went in the opposite direction, but they simply take the take and leave, and the price may go in the same direction for a very long time - i.e. the main law of successful trading is violated - to let profits flow, but when thegrail goes in the wrong direction, the market does not forgive and takes more than 20 pips.

The question of letting profits flow is highly debatable. I've tried a whole bunch of strategies, both theoretically profitable and pre-financially profitable. They all had one thing in common. Trailing stops always gave worse results than predetermined losses and profits.

Trailing is no good, you have to exit according to an algorithm, e.g. for a long, you have to move the stop up to the middle of each HL/2 daily candle that has been formed

bacon,

Well, that's for sure! A computer will dispel all the illusions you've been harbouring for years in five minutes))

Aver:
By the way, one extremely dumb question. How do I set the forum to notify me of replies to my email? I've looked through all the settings, but haven't found it.

Aver, I don't know either, but I think it's enough just to enter your email into your profile. It won't show up on the forum. I get notifications all the time. And, of course, click on the "Follow the topic" link if the topic is of interest.

I've seen an EA on the forum recently, the profit factor was over 10 (!!!) and cp got more than cp loss! I just rushed and did not have enough time to get into it, I would like to look more and talk to the author, but I can't find it(((

Mathemat:
Aver:
By the way, one extremely dumb question. How do I set the forum to notify me of replies to my email? I've looked through all the settings, but haven't found it.

Aver, I don't know either, but I think it's enough just to enter your email into your profile. It won't show up on the forum. I get notifications all the time. And, of course, click on the "Follow the topic" link if the topic is of interest.

Hmm, mail's been entered, the account's over a year old. It used to work, but now it doesn't (

delyus:

bacon,

Well, that's for sure! A computer will dispel all the illusions you've been harbouring for years in five minutes))

That's right )) You calculate the strategy for a week. You write an expert for half a day. You erase it in 5 minutes )

aver,

What was it like before? You have illusions for years every day for 24 hours a day, thinking it's a strategy, for years you find out it's an illusion after all, you lose your deposit, your life is ruined))

delyus:

tested 50 more EAs - again, it's not good.

The offer still stands, I repeat:

who will propose an Expert Advisor on daily basis with average profit exceeding the average loss by 2 times, profit factor of not less than 2, success not less than 60%, drawdown not more than 10% for a period from 2000 to the present day, the 20% of the profit for six months, I will not buy for anything

This report from my advisor is discouraging on these terms, only the luck with me is 45%.

If works for 10 000 $ account and will take same resultati will be :

1025$ max balance, 2328$ annual profit. 20% of this in six months is only $200. And 10 times as much is not enough. Already $20,000-30,000 may be good for you :)

But I do not believe that these results will also be the same in the future. It is logical to expect some pre-optimization when developing a strategy. The real results will be 20-40% worse.

Reason: