Asking for advice from knowledgeable people. About hedging to avoid MS - page 12

sabluk писал(а) >>

Theory to you. Practice to me.

It's a long time for your strategy.

That's why you're pouring fire from the map.

:)) I don't, not for a long time.

Mathemat писал(а) >>

In a proper strategy, an external deposit is not a force majeure, but a normal way of increasing the average volume of trades in a successful previous trade.

By the way, M, this is silly. We should only pour out. Pour in, don't. You should have poured in first, and then you should have poured out. Or pour it in for a while to avoid the MC and then pour it out. Everything else... Well, that's just theory, again. Couple of mils in and you're on your way... No, it doesn't work like that. :))

NProgrammer >> :

Hi all.

I'm probably just dumb, but I still can't think of a scheme to hedge to avoid a margin call and come out of the situation better than at the time of the decision? I don't know how to do it. I am tormented by this gap in my education for a very long time ... But nothing comes to mind.

Here's a drawing so that you can communicate more easily...

you have to pay for mistakes, but sometimes you can reduce the fee

when you get to the point of O1 that everything may end up with the MC, it's probably just chronic anxiety, inherent in most traders on small TFs

by placing the lock the trader postpones the final decision, on small TFs the postponement may lead to mutual confusion

reading last month's news can provide a fairly clear picture of long-term trends; thoughtful and careful reading stabilises the mental state and reduces anxiety

so the recipe is simple - if the MC is as close as you draw it, lock the situation and do the fundamental analysis.

it is very important not to shoot the lock when it is in the black, better to search the news, make sure your picture of the world coincides with the chart and then make a decision.

blend писал(а) >>

you have to pay for mistakes, but sometimes the cost can be reduced

when you get to the point of O1 that everything may end up with the MC, it is probably just chronic anxiety, which is common to most traders on small TFs

by placing the lock the trader postpones the final decision, on a small TF the postponement may lead to mutual confusion

you can get a fairly clear picture of long-term trends by reading the news for the last month. The thoughtful and careful reading stabilizes your mental state and reduces anxiety.

so the recipe is simple - if the MC is as close as you drew it, then lock the situation and do some fundamental analysis

i>It is important not to shoot the lock when it is in the black, you had better clear your mind by reading the news, make sure your picture of the world coincides with the chart and then make a decision.

!!! That's right! That's exactly right. BUT still how to get out of the loca. And um, as for "so close"... So what you're suggesting is that you lock immediately, as early as possible? How early? Or maybe just before the MC?

NProgrammer >> :

!!! That's right! That's right. BUT still how to get out of a loca. And um, as for "so close"... I mean, are you suggesting that you lock as soon as possible? How early? Or maybe just before the MC?

So close means bad MM calculation, I lean on your drawing, the point O1 is in the middle between the orders and the MC, even closer to the MC, so there is almost no free money left, not even enough to completely block the position

you have to shoot lots at the beginning, but do not hurry, because wrong decisions are made in a hurry, it is better to shoot lots in a loss, but being sure that the trend is temporary, then these losses will compensate with initial orders

If you exit lots in profit, and movement against you will continue, you might not have enough money for next lots, and then MC is irreplaceable.

blend писал(а) >>

close - it means unsuccessfully calculated MM, based on your drawing, the understanding came to the point O1, which is in the middle between the orders and the MC, even closer to the MC, that is, there is almost no free money, even may not be enough to fully block the position

you have to shoot lots at the beginning, but do not hurry, because wrong decisions are made in a hurry, it is better to shoot lots in a loss, but being sure that the trend is temporary, then these losses will compensate with initial orders

If you withdraw lots in surplus, and the movement against you continues, you might not have enough money for the next lots, and then the MC is irreplaceable.

:)) "So close" is the scale - let's assume there is 300 points from point O1 to MC.

Ok, I see your point of view - we should break 50 points before MK.... But it seems to me, that it is necessary as early as possible. As soon as you realise something is wrong, you should lock at once. And otherwise, as you and I say to leave the lock should be with minus, so it turns too big minus. But OK, I almost feel the same way... Moreover, the "lock", and trade further, temporarily forgetting about "that"...

NProgrammer >> :

What's more, you "lock" and keep trading, temporarily forgetting about "that"...

Not so) if you have enough money to trade then just cut out negative trades and trade, otherwise you will not be able to trade much, hanging trades will eat away free funds and make you nervous, I consider the case when the question is about MK

as experience shows, by cutting out negative trades your mood becomes positive, by locking them the mood is getting lower, and by waiting, the mood is also getting negative

lock is a balance saving, you cannot deal with different amount of free funds in the same way, if you have a lot of them, you can accept losses, if you have little and experience of locking, you'd better lock.

NProgrammer >> :

It's a flat strategy. You should exit the lock with a minus.

I wrote that if you have correctly identified the trend, then the result of all trades will be an overall plus, not a minus.

it is possible to close all deals in the black on small timeframes, but it is not even a lock, it is a flat strategy

NProgrammer писал(а) >> As for MO now - well if you're interested in average temperature in hospital - well probably 20-30 pips...

Well, that's a pretty good statement, you know. If this is an average for a hospital with 2000 patients, it is a very representative statistic, which can be analysed(theoretically) and the chances of such a system failing can be estimated. I remember someone (wasn't it you?) wrote here that he has some sort of X-ray that scans any tester report and shows who is who in the strategies...

By the way, M, that's a silly thing to say. You just have to pour it out. Pour, don't. You should have poured in first, then you should have poured out. Or pour it in for a while to avoid the MC and then pour it out. Everything else... Well, that's just theory, again. Couple of mils in and you're on your way... No, it doesn't work like that. :))

Read what I wrote again, NP:

Mathemat wrote(a) >>

In a proper strategy, adding depo from outside is not a force majeure, but a normal measure to increase the average volume of trades with a successful previous trade.

blend писал(а) >>

Not so) if you have enough money to trade then just cut out negative trades and trade, otherwise you won't be able to trade much, hanging trades will eat away free funds and make you nervous, I am considering the case of MK

as experience shows, by cutting out negative trades your mood becomes positive, by blocking them the mood is getting lower and by waiting, the mood also goes in the negative

I mean a short move (and this is especially true now) may last for about a week or three days. It is clear to us quite early. Therefore, the lock is possible long before the MC itself, but the threat of the MC is possible... And two or three moves of 200 pts with 50-60 pullbacks give a very radical threat to the MC. No matter how visionary you are. :))

Reason: