About % copying a signal

Hi there, 

If I copy any Signal with.. let's say a Balance of 1000$, and in the parameters I choose copy with 50% of my balance.

Can anyone answer the following questions?

- That means that my proportion for the size of lots would be respect 500$ instead of 1000$ and if the provider blows the account I will blow only 500$, right?

- If my balance grows to 2000$ thanks to the copy, my proportion would be still 50% of my balance? I mean, at this point, if the signal provider blows the account, I would blow only 1000$. Right?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best 

The lot size of subscriber depends on the following:

• balance of subscriber and balance of provider;
  • the leverage of trading accounts of subscriber and provider;
  • deposit load percentage (50% according to your post above).

There is some example with calculation for lot size so you can place your figures and calculate it for yourself:

How to change the volume/lot size - https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/11714  
signal provider has minimal volume 0.01, subscriber has 0.10 - how to change minimal volume ????
signal provider has minimal volume 0.01, subscriber has 0.10 - how to change minimal volume ????
  • www.mql5.com
In my journal, when i'm using VIACHI signal , i get this : 2013.04...

Borja Mayoral Arauz:

Hi there, 

If I copy any Signal with.. let's say a Balance of 1000$, and in the parameters I choose copy with 50% of my balance.

Can anyone answer the following questions?

- That means that my proportion for the size of lots would be respect 500$ instead of 1000$ and if the provider blows the account I will blow only 500$, right?

- If my balance grows to 2000$ thanks to the copy, my proportion would be still 50% of my balance? I mean, at this point, if the signal provider blows the account, I would blow only 1000$. Right?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best 

If you choose 50% participation in signal copying, the 50% of your account balance will be taken into account in lot size calculation.

This 50% will be calculated each time after any new account balance update.

Reason: