[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 787

TONY_TRADER:

If you are starting from scratch, which language is best?

So far I haven't seen any refutations, in the sense that it's too late to learn 4 https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/117936

TONY_TRADER:

hello....

i decided to start learning mql4 (i'm a complete beginner in this business) but i found the mql5 language .... can someone tell me what the main differences are.... and if i'm starting from scratch, which language is better to use? .... thanks for answers

If you have programming skills, especially in object-oriented programming, it is better to start learning mql5; if you don't know anything at all, mql4 is better.

How to make the bar numbering not change when scrolling, i.e. to link the numbering to the window

nikost:

How to make the bar numbering not change when scrolling, i.e. to link the numbering to the window

You can't. If you want to find the necessary bar, save the time and then you can use this function to find out the new serial number

Techno:
If you want to find the bar you want, save the time of the bar, and then you can use the function to find out its new sequence number

Yes, I made an indicator with bar numbers. I thought there might be another way.

I was reading articles on MQL5 yesterday (I especially liked the article called "Writing EAs in MQL5 using object-oriented approach"), and one question arose. In MQL4 we are writing, for example, money management - one function (or more, depending on its complexity), signal receiving function, order opening function, trailing stop etc. So my question is: in MQL5, can we group all the lot calculation functions, for example, into one class, all trailing stop options into another class, etc., i.e. group all functions for performing similar actions into one class? And then what are the other advantages of using classes?

Necron:
So my question is: in MQL5 we can unite all functions of lot calculation, for example, into one class, all trawl variants into another class, etc., i.e. group all functions for similar actions into one class? And then what are the other advantages of using classes?

You can do it in MQL4 by combining some semantic functions in one place. What prevents you from creating a library file such as LotCount.mqh and putting all known methods of lot calculation into it. Or for example Trailing.mqh with trailing functions?

This can be done in MQL5 and MQL4. And you don't have to use OOP. Here is an example of such a library https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/7108

Of course, you can also use OOP for the sake of OOP itself and for the "practice". But that's another story.

Necron:
I was reading articles on MQL5 yesterday (I especially liked the article called "Writing EAs in MQL5 using object-oriented approach"), and one question arose. In MQL4 we are writing, for example, money management - one function (or more, depending on complexity), signal receiving function, order opening function, trailing stop etc. So my question is: in MQL5, can we group all the lot calculation functions, for example, into one class, all trailing stop options into another class, etc., i.e. group all functions for performing similar actions into one class? And then what are the other advantages of using classes?
Yes, all that is possible, but even now you can take all trawl variants and lot calculations and group them in one library. Generally speaking, classes and structures are designed for more convenient manipulation of certain objects; they don't introduce anything super-natural or new, just convenient. As they say, the processor only understands assembler and there are no classes there ))

Techno:
Yes, all this is possible, but even now you can take all variants of trawls and lot calculations and group them into one library. In general, classes and structures are needed for more convenient manipulation of some objects, they do not give anything super-natural or new. As they say, the processor only understands assembler and there are no classes there ))
Got it, thanks :)

Hi folks. I have a problem, and due to my complete lack of programming knowledge, I am using OBB and A/D in the same window. Is it possible to unite them together so that when you enable the mode key to select the following: click the mouse to any point on the indicator and the two lines in this point are pulled to each other? Thanks in advance for the answer, if any.
Reason: