[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 668

Guys, who are good at divergence/convergence, can you tell me if I have correctly identified the pivot point or if there is something I don't understand? And, if possible, please give me a link where there are specific explanations of how to determine the divergence-convergence and what to do further with it...

Here's what I've got:

Question: did I identify it correctly and, if so, why didn't I find it earlier in the previous pivot point?

Thanks...

Global variables are used in any EA.

- In what cases (during operation) can they be "reset" to default values?

Thank you!

chief2000:

Global variables are used in any EA.

- In what cases (during operation) can they be "reset" to default values?

Thank you!

In my EA I have never had to see them in their original set state after starting to use them, nor have they reset themselves to the position set at startup. I change them myself as well as use their values and keep track of them in each of my functions where they are required.

chief2000: In what cases (during operation) can they be "reset" to their default values?

You should probably give a concrete example of 'zeroing' to get to the bottom of the problem.

Frankly, the question seems very strange.

artmedia70:
In my EA I have never had to see them in their original state after I started using them, and they have never reset themselves to the position I set at startup. I change them myself as well as use their values and keep track of them in each of my functions where they are required.

I was referring to 'failures' in operation - For example (only a 'hypothetical' assumption) when disconnecting from the server,

compiling anything in this terminal... I'd like to know what can lead to this and what should be avoided.

chief2000:

I was referring to 'failures' in operation - For example (only a 'hypothetical' assumption) when disconnecting from the server,

compiling anything in this terminal... I would like to know what could cause this and what should be avoided.

Global or external variables? Global variables are stored on the hard disk and are overwritten (reset) when GlobalVariableSet() is called

artmedia70:

Guys, who are good at divergence/convergence, can you tell me if I have correctly identified the pivot point or if there is something I don't understand? And, if possible, please give me a link where there are specific explanations of how to determine the divergence-convergence and what to do further with it...

Here's what I've got:

Question: did I identify it correctly and, if so, why didn't I find it earlier in the previous pivot point?

Thanks...

Correct, only the last third line, does not belong to the divergence, as both the indicator and the price go in the same direction.

Has this happened to anyone?

No LOSS in the strategy tester log and the graph curve is going steadily downwards.

What would that mean?

rensbit:
Global or external variables? Global variables are stored on the hard disk and are overwritten (reset) when GlobalVariableSet() is called

Neither - there are local variables that are defined inside start() or a function, and global -

are defined outside of start(). (From the help - "Global variables are defined at the same level as functions, i.e. they are not local in any block").

rensbit:
Right, only the last third line does not refer to divergence, as both the indicator and the price go in the same direction.

Thank you. The reason I marked the last, third line was... well, ostensibly as a confirmation of the incipient backward movement. I should have just highlighted it in a different colour to eliminate any ambiguous interpretation of my definition :)

Where is it possible to read about it? So that without abstruse phrases like "zuid-zuid-zuid-vest"... I'd rather point a finger at it in worker peasant terms. I read a lot of posts, but the question of certainty of their definition and (most importantly) their further use in trading remains open to me.

Either they are full of arguments, or they are dry academics pretending to be the absolute truth and saying "learn technical analysis, if you don't understand"...

Reason: