[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 623

artmedia70:

Here's a question: how does BC deal with a large number of trades? My Expert Advisor opens positions every 29 minutes (only one out of five strategies). Then, when equity increases by five percent, all of them are closed together. The main thing is that the balance increases by five percent every three to five days.

I wonder if there will be claims from DCs for such trading?

As far as I know the contract is limited only (at least in my case) by the number of lots, up to 20 in one trade, and up to 100 in an account. As far as I understand the trading strategy is not a Pips strategy, therefore frequent requests should not be a problem either, and if there are claims, do not worry, you'll be the first to know about them :)

ToLik_SRGV:

Hardly, as far as I know, according to the contract, restrictions only (at least for me) on the number of lots, up to 20 in one transaction, and up to 100 in the account. As far as I understand the trading strategy is not a Pips strategy, therefore frequent requests should not be a problem, and if there are complaints, do not worry, you'll be the first to know about them :)

:)

I don't know what to call a strategy that holds open positions from half an hour to several weeks... The frequency of open positions also varies from 5 minutes to a month...

Can anyone explain where the equity spike on the chart is coming from?

And if the nature of such a spike is clear, is it possible to somehow "catch" it and fix the balance at its apex?

artmedia70:

Can anyone explain where the equity spike on the chart is coming from?

And if the nature of such a spike is clear, is it possible to somehow "catch" it and fix the balance at its apex?

Open the chart at the right place and look at it through the eyes. And equity can be trawled.

The Expert Advisor has MA_Fast and MA_Slow and it works only when [MA_Fast_Period<MA_Slow_Period].

But during optimization there are combinations when [MA_Fast_Period>=MA_Slow_Period] and in this case we need to avoid

waste time on unnecessary calculations. I.e.

if(MA_Fast_Period>=MA_Slow_Period) {
      return(0);
   }

- Question about "return(0)" - is "(0)" necessary or just return() or something else?

In this particular case a lot of 0-zero results appear during optimization and I would like not to output them at all.

Thank you!

chief2000:

- Question on "return(0)" - is "(0)" necessary or just return() or something?

If you have a calculation function, for example, looks like this

int MyFunc(){

return (0) ;

}

or if it's like this

void MyFunc(){

return;

}

i.e. define in the function description whether you need to return the result to the function that called it or not

SZZ: there is an example of return in the help

Hi! Do you think this EA will be profitable:

Buy on a fractal break up - take 5 pips, stop loss 20 pips.

On the sell - vice versa

???

Baltimor:

Hi! Do you think this EA will be profitable:

Buy on a fractal break up - take 5 pips, stop loss 20 pips.

On the sell - vice versa

???

Are you trying to learn the rules of proper pipsing?

If yes, then in my experience - to pips only in trend direction, but after the formed fractal and if the fractal was up, then most likely the next fractal will be down

granit77:
Open the chart in the right place and look at it with your eyes, you can see it well. And equity can be trawled.
Well... I won't be able to open the chart in the right place, as it's already closed due to the computer freezing. (I was only able to save it and hung up), and secondly, I, unfortunately, don't know how to view this exact spot... The tester chart is a picture and the chart is a simulated story... How to put them together I don't know...

IgorM:

If your calculation function, for example, looks like this

int MyFunc(){

return (0) ;

}

and if it goes like this

void MyFunc(){

return;

}

i.e. define in the function description whether you need to return the result to the function that called it or not

SZZ: there's an example of return in the help

This is not a function - just a check right after start(), but since you don't need this result, you probably need "return;". So far I've been using return(0) on the fly, without thinking about it, because it all worked in this case too :)

Reason: