[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 1024

int new=ArraySize(vtotale[]);   // ']' - wrong dimension, ')' - parameter expected

Aleksander:
I don't remember how to learn from 0... I didn't have such an opportunity... When I started learning MQL in MT3, I was programming for about 25 years...

Well, I understand from the posts that the man does not have the necessary knowledge (teaching is light).

It's not like the thread is called learn to read the Help ;))

Here is an example of my training https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/111497/page257#219531

or rather, searching for functions...

iCustom

eddy:

Try it by trial and error, not like that then how ?

int new=ArraySize(vtotale);

Aleksander:
read the HELP :)
If the rules are not clear, they may be forgotten and confused, but when you encounter them a few times, they are memorised

if the terminal hangs on insertion of an indicator, does it mean that the cycle is endless?

As a programmer I can't help but point out that, from the point of view of people in my line of work, this thread is already 1 kilo page long :)))

eddy:
If the terminal hangs when inserting the indicator, it means that the loop is infinite?

Yes.

Read this script at the start, put it on the chart and everything becomes much clearer.

Example of infinite loop with interrupt.

good number, i agree ;)))

Files:
temp_1.mq4  3 kb

didn't understand what I'm supposed to get clearer from this cycle?)

eddy:
I don't understand, what should become clearer to me from this loop?)

How loops work,

that variables declared globally can be applied to all code functions,

how and what the function returns,

its call,

reference to an array outside the given function,

perpetual loop with interrupts,

gone to the barber ;)))

alsu: As a programmer I can't help but point out that, from the point of view of people in my line of work, this thread is already 1 kilo page long :)))
yep... and 1 kilometre is 1024 metres :)
Reason: