[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 180

chief2000 >> :

That's where it all came from - on the DAILY chart testing starts from 2003, but on the smaller

I have not seen even close to that date - testing the same Expert Advisor on a 5 minute chart starts at the beginning of 2009 !!!

I.e. on the DAILY testing from 2003 to early 2009 is, to put it mildly, "not true" :)

So why try to get the most out of the Expert Advisor on such a database? I would be glad to be wrong.

Yes indeed, I never really thought about the question of where the world goes when I close my eyes :o)

Judging by the slowdown of modelling speed (when there is not enough history "All ticks" model) the EA is modelling from the smallest available TF,

and then displays discrepancy errors in the report.

StatBars >> :

If you need 0 and 1 bars, why use the loop? If you just want to get values from 1 and 0 bars, then remove the loop and a=0.

StatBars, thanks!

I just want to know what this function is and what it is for..... With 1 and 0 bar is clear, in principle I know it....

If you can explain it in a simpler way, I can't understand what it is (?

rid >> :

Inside the bar, the ticks are modelled by the software almost from a "torch".

Therefore - the lower the tick - the more reliable the result.

Strategy Tester: Modes of simulation when testing trading strategies'.

The article explains it very well - thank you!

Можно получить максимально точное тестирование и хорошую гарантию достоверности результатов, 
если есть вспомогательные таймфреймы более мелких периодов, которые на 100% покрывают исследуемый период.

In short, if the smallest timeframe (1 minute) covers only the history of the last half year

then there is no point in running tests since 1989. In the worst case we can rely on 5 minute quotes

(the longer the history may be) when testing in the D-day timeframe.

The only thing left is to find the longest history for 1 minute.

Please tell me how to calculate these lines:

= NormalizeDouble(MathAbs(MathSin(160142 + 1)), 8) * 100000000 + NormalizeDouble(MathAbs(MathSin(2033.12.31 00:00 + 1)), 8) * 100000000;

= NormalizeDouble(MathAbs(MathSin(160142 + 7)), 8) * 100000000 + NormalizeDouble(MathAbs(MathSin( 2033.12.31 00:00 + 1)), 8) * 100000000

How do I translate these formulas into Excel? I don't know anything about programming, so I'd like to calculate with the usual mathematical formulas.

I'm not sure if the date should be in this format yet. Perhaps - it is a number format? Excel converts this format to a number - 48944.

Hello, please advise me, in the OrderSend() function, among the parameters I need to specify the lot size. How do I make the lot size be a constant number? For example 1600$, while the total size of the deposit may vary. Many thanks in advance!

chief2000 >> :

All that's left is to find a long story for 1 minute.

There is a story like this in mt4. (From MQ archive)

menu SERVICE/REFERENCE ARCHIVE/INSTRUMENT/TF/PLOYMENT

There is, but it's too short by default.

As it turns out, you need to change the number of bars to 10,000,000,000 in the chart settings, on both lines

(the default is much lower). Then upload the minute quotes, and then return the previous values.

T.so uploaded from 2000 :) Thanks!

cdover >> :
Hello, could you tell me please, in OrderSend() function, among the parameters I need to specify the lot size. How me to make so that the size of a bid was a constant number? For example 1600$, while the total size of the deposit can vary. Many thanks in advance!

This is a strange question. So put a variable there and set its values in external parameters.

//Внешние параметры
extern double     Lot= 0.1;//размер лота
OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL, Lot,Bid,3, SL, TP,"Тра-ля-ля", Magic,0,Red);

cdover >> :
Hello, Could you please advise me, in OrderSend() function, I need to specify lot size among the parameters. How me to make so that the size of a bid was the constant number? For example 1600$, while the total deposit size can vary. Many thanks in advance!

I guess you mean that lot should be fixed for a certain amount of deposit? Suppose if deposit 1600 lot 0.01 deposit became 3200 lot became 0.02....itd or just a fixed lot?

You can change the formula at the bottom of the screen to your liking, but I think this is a better formula for lot percentage of deposit

extern double PercentLots=5;// процентный лот 

OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL, GetLots(),Bid, slip,0,Bid- TakeProfit*Point,"Tра ля ля", MagicNumber,0,Red);

это можно закинуть вниз кода советника

double GetLots() 
{
double minlot = MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_MINLOT);
double maxlot = MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_MAXLOT);

if( PercentLots!=0)
 {
   double lot = NormalizeDouble(AccountEquity() * PercentLots  /1000.0 / 100.0, 2);
   if( lot < minlot) lot = minlot;
   if( lot > maxlot) lot = maxlot;
  }
  else lot= Lots; 
   return( lot);
} 

Hey, everybody, help me out here.

if(ShowNumbers)
{
ObjectCreate("thirteenth "+i,OBJ_TEXT,0,Time[i],High[i]+add);
ObjectSetText("thirteenth "+i, "+13,14, "Arial",Sell);

"so there's still a signal here"
}
}

I can't get it to work. Thanks in advance.

Reason: