Trading sessions or how important time is - page 5

Mark33 писал (а) >>
Who knows the subject, please send me a list of the start and end times of all the sessions.

The most reliable thing is to find on the source website (?) the start and end times of the major exchanges/trading venues (market makers) in different cities. But (geez) - absolutely no time to surf the Internet :(

Region City winter time daylight saving time
GMT time
Opening Closing Opening Closing
Asia Tokyo 0:00 8:00 0:00 8:00
Hong Kong 1:00 9:00 1:00 9:00
Singapore 1:00 9:00 1:00 9:00
Europe Frankfurt 6:00 14:00 5:00 13:00
Zurich 6:00 14:00 5:00 13:00
Paris 6:00 14:00 5:00 13:00
London 7:00 15:00 6:00 14:00
America New York 13:00 21:00 12:00 20:00
Chicago 14:00 22:00 13:00 21:00

There! Told you: he who knows - he answers right away! Thanks LeoV! But there is no Oceania (AUD, NZD) in this table. So the search for primary sources continues ;)

What about the summer/winter time transition dates for these cities?

Yes, yes, LeoV respect! Keep up the good work! Very much looking forward to an answer to our question from ForexTools

You should really look into the matter and get some programmers to write a GREAT indicator for the subject. With all sorts of tricks such as time transition and the exact time of each session. Such an indicator is very lacking:(

ForexTools, there's a table with daylight saving time and winter time...

Except there's no ocean:(

Mark33 писал (а) >>

ForexTools, there is a table showing summer and winter time...

They may have forgotten what we are looking for :( Besides daylight saving time there are also daylight saving time and winter time.

For example, Europe has already switched to daylight saving time, while the Americans are still on winter time for a week or two and the beginning of their session in this period will be shifted by one hour (so they started at 2 o'clock and now start at 3 and vice versa). When they switch to daylight saving time, this shift will be gone, but then the same happens in the transition to winter time - for one or two weeks they have to move their session in the opposite direction. Again, we switch to summer time and Asia does not, so now their session has to be moved in the right direction.

this is where the biggest problem lies....

LeoV, include oceania in your beautiful tabl:)

Yeah, so winter time should be +1 hour to GMT to be MSK and summer time +2 hours to GMT to be MSK, right????????

Here isthe"primary source" http://www.webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/g.html

and here is a picture http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/01/2007-02-20_time_zones.svg

and here are the tables for each country http://home-4.tiscali.nl/~t876506/TZworld.html

.... Now all that's left is to "digest" it all.

This really answers my question (who and when).

The question about sessions is solved differently: looking at the picture look at when the working day starts/ends(?) in a particular country/city and determine when the session starts.

And there is another question: the time in the trading terminal is taken from the server on which you are trading. You have to take that into account too. I stumbled over it when I was preparing script/indicator-recognizer for Oanda's images - the time is one on the image, while my real time is different, and the demo mode (in another brokerage company) is different. If you have an account in the States or Taiwan, this factor also interferes with the time calculation :(
Reason: