Yoghurt systems and canned systems or The relationship between trading tactics and the reliability of historical test results - page 17

StatBars писал (а) >>

2 LeoV I would show you an example, but I don't want to reveal this "secret" yet...

Briefly: with the help of statistics, something similar in my report, which I posted above, only the approach should be more multi-dimensional...

Indeed, even if I told you how I do it, I think you are unlikely to give up NS and switched to methods that I use (which in turn, in every textbook on mathematical statistics ...).

That is not by yourself but with the help of some software?

Korey писал (а) >>
Question to reinforce the Luminous Faith in Tomorrow
- On what small TFs is it technically possible to work profitably?

I was getting 15 minutes, no less.

LeoV писал (а) >>

I've had it for 15 minutes, no less

Yes on any ...... especially when it comes to ticks :)

If we return to the topic of the topic, then the question is to latch on to some meaningful property of the market, which manifests itself in anything: indicators, movements, etc. etc....... Further - if it is really "significant", (or as matemath says - "confirmation theorem"), then it makes no sense to bother with a specific TF - it will always work (not to the surreal, like "forever" or M1-100 years :))).

Somewhere at the beginning of the century :) .... I had a manual TS - "chop profit in pieces" - at a certain time a grid of orders (sometimes lots) was placed and on reaching a given profit level the whole thing was closed - worked long enough, ..... until I decided that I "took God by the beard" - that's when I got 200% in one month.......

Now, of course, the market has changed, but the trends remain ;)..... if I, for example, always come home from work, immediately get under the shower, or, when I come to work, start the coffee machine, then why should someone's habits change (?) :)

Korey писал (а) >>

to rider

I was thinking there and answered about Not a Child's Time as if it were a child's time. My apologies.
And also my EAs below M30 are all drained, - no tips, sour (kefir, yoghurt )))).

:) And I don't mind - I understand everything - but it's exactly these regularities that are not visible to the simple eye

Prival писал (а) >>

Glad there are such researchers. It will be nice to chat, but a bit different, though also interesting, if I understand the idea being tested there correctly. I haven't analysed the figures.

The point is that to test the hypothesis put forward MACD is not suitable. Suppose we want to analyse the opening of the Americans at 16:00, we are not interested in the opening seconds before 16:00 (MACD is not helpful here), what is important is the direction of the movement in the interval from 16:00 to 16:02 (upwards move +1, downwards move -1) and to analyse further movements - we put -1, if the upwards movement was larger than the downwards one during the session from the time 16:00, if opposite - +1. We get two arrays that we check for coincidences and accept or reject - coincidences + with + and (or) - with - are random or not.

And only then we decide when to enter, where to enter and whether to do it :), i.e. we start constructing TS

the key word "suppose" - why 16 (?) and how to determine the point from which all our assumptions will be built? ;)

I'm not peppering - I'm promoting.)

rider писал (а) >>

:) and I don't mind - I understand everything - but it's the regularities that can't be seen at a simple glance

I prefer ground coffee too and no advertising will change that)))

Korey писал (а) >>
The question to reinforce your faith in tomorrow
- On what small TF is it technically possible to make a profit?

The best information for profitable trading from my point of view should look like 'Standard Misconceptions in Trying to Trade in Noise (was 'Nightmare in MT4 Street')'.

is less than a tick, but all the information is encapsulated there, any further conversion of this stream reduces the information stored there. It seems to me that the way the terminal displays it doesn't allow you to find the pattern (the window is too narrow), you just can't see it visually. Here is a picture of all ticks (that I have managed to collect in 3 weeks) more than 170 000.

Using it one can trade even more comfortably (imo) than on H4, because all of them are visible at once. In MT4 window it is impossible to see it, it doesn't fit. I don't believe that you won't be able to draw the support or resistance lines. I think you will do it more accurately than on H4

rider писал (а) >>

the key word is "suppose" - why 16 (?) and how do we determine the point from which all our assumptions will be built? ;)

I'm not criticising - just developing.)

The opening time of the stock exchange is known a priori. Or do you think that MICEX starts working according to a random law, as well as others open at a strictly defined time and close. Maybe not at 16:00. But exactly when is easy to find out.

Prival писал (а) >>

The opening times of stock exchanges are known a priori. Or do you think that the MICEX starts working by a random law, just as the others open at a strictly defined time and close. Maybe not at 16:00. But it's easy to find out exactly when.

in any organisation there are "house rules" but it does not mean that everybody works by them :)

About the other thing I was trying to say: is there or is there not a "way" to determine whether bidding has started for real or "we'll wait a little longer" ?

to Prival

I enjoy reading your posts. With one "but", as usual :)))

We are not in a battle where you have to win - it is more important not to lose.

I don't think speed of decision-making is the most important thing - it's a projection on the WWE, but that's not what Forex is about at all.
Look at an elementary (any) zigzag in hindsight - is speed the most important thing? :)

Not trying to change your mind..... just my point of view. And, I too am a military man who has had to operate many of your (not personally, of course) instruments, some of which I was far from thrilled with :)

Reason: