What I would like from the "terminal" as a professional programmer. Another thread with wishes for MQL5. - page 3

YuraZ:
SK. wrote (a):

In general I support MProgrammer.

In my opinion MQ has taken the right direction - AutoTrading. And the future, in my opinion, lies in automata and semi-automatics... combines and analyzers, prompters with advisers - configurable at the trader's will. Therefore, the programming, of course, should be up to date. The API is beeping as it should be. How to promote the program on the market (well, we're going to do it anyway), if it has DOS face:(

Good points made by MProgrammer

yes of course a full-fledged API would be great!

Integration would be much easier to do!

but here I perfectly understand DEVELOPERS, with reluctance to give API...

so as not to breed "masters" who create their own terminals... "take the DLL set and don't need anything else"...

you get a connection and requests for orders in the form of API

Many will start to write their terminals or programs for automated trading ... do not use the terminal at all ...

draw their own graphs in C++, VB, Delphi, manage orders

of course there's a way to fight it... too bad the method is the lack of API

You read my mind :)

MProgrammer:

I didn't discuss your persona? No. I'm asking you to refrain from saying "I'm overrated or not"...

No problem, I'm sorry, but you're the one who said it:

- It's the standard idiocy that always occurs to me
when programmers are tasked with developing interfaces.
I am sick of it and want standard buttons just like microsoft invented.
I hope my position is clear, I just want a quality product and not "garbage crafts".
Either they do the usability properly or I (!!! speaking only for myself) will try not to use THIS.

- Haha... What's my code for? What do you want to see there. I'm a professional, I don't care what I write on
- even if it's in accounts... He's interested in my code - I'll drop everything...

But seriously, what's wrong with scripts? - Yes, the sea of things - one Expert Advisor
on the chart, for example. The impossibility of running an EA from an indicator, for example - i.e., the impossibility of running an EA at all ...
The nonsense with updates after recompilation. Yes, there are many things... Difficulties with running generated programs
(even if it's an indicator or a supervisor) ... What to say about error messages... You'll get tired of looking for a missing parenthesis... BUT!
I don't want to discuss MT's shortcomings - I'm not interested at all. They are all there and aren't going anywhere.
I'm interested in what's different ? Who has looked at what ?

- Some video equipment in general is reminiscent of ....
and it's old, old, from the '90s. Like a satellite receiver.

- You, unfortunately, have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about. At all. Not about programming or about
how the business of DCs and MTs. And here you are actively expressing yourself. What a super API. It was in the triple.
We do not need to give it, it is already there. You just have to give it to them. There can't be two studios... It's one.
Your programmers work for you just because they are unskilled.
Do you know how much now in Moscow for example the salary of a good programmer with say 5-7 years of experience.
You won't believe 120000 ... How much you pay your super programmers? So extrapolate their
qualifications according to their income. And note that finding these programmers is impossible.
There are vacancies for half a year. Forgive me, but I'm tired of reading "competent" opinion.
And consider the fact that they just forcefully call you to work in America now. and there the salary before taxes,
for example in California - 120-150 t. a year. That is, 10-12 t a month, and prices are lower there than in our country.
So then you can draw conclusions about your super programmers...
As they say, why are you so poor if you are so smart?

- etc.

just forced you to resort to personal assessments.
The question arises of itself - and who are you that allows yourself to express yourself so?

This forum is full of smart and talented people, including highly skilled programmers,
professional traders with years of experience.
Many of these people have been working with MT and MQL for years, and they know its advantages and disadvantages much better.

From your statements we can conclude that if you use this for your "garage" product then you are like that.

There is a saying: he who insults the horse insults the master.

I believe that if instead of constructive suggestions you will continue naked criticism

and insulting forum members, you'll simply be shown the door.

xeon:
Just forced to resort to personal assessments.
The question begs itself - who are you that allows yourself to speak out like that?

There are a lot of smart and talented people on this forum, including highly skilled programmers,
professional traders with years of experience.
Many of these people have been working with MT and MQL for years, and they know its advantages and disadvantages much better.

From what you are saying, it can be concluded that if you are using this product, then you are one yourself.

There is a saying: he who insults the horse insults the owner.

I believe that if instead of making constructive suggestions you will continue to be nakedly critical

and insulting forum members, you'll simply be shown the door.

Interesting reasoning. But try to think - if you do not understand what I'm talking about, and I have noticed that unfortunately it happens. It does not mean that this is naked criticism. Rather, it seems to you so, if something is not understandable it must be a criticism. Bottom line :)) Firstly, I was not rude to anyone. In the second place, you have nothing to know in MQL, you may learn it by heart in a week.

The Code may be learned by heart in a week. And most importantly, the fact that you with some strange passion claim MT it will not get better, I assure you it was written for such people. That's it. Unfortunately I see no point in discussing anything other than the subject of the post. Please refrain from off-topic. Yeah?

MProgrammer:
. Yeah?

Yeah :-), I think you'll get a ban :-))

I want to be able to set pending orders in the terminal not only the way they are set now, but according to closing prices. I.e. set, for example, a bystop. If the current candle closes above the bystop, the pending order will trigger on the first ticks of the next candle. To make this algorithm efficient, we must indicate in the window for opening such an order, apart from anything else, at which timeframe we are waiting for the candle to close. This approach allows us to place pending orders and quietly turn off the computer.

The MQL4 programmers are not the right way to talk and write, but the researchers of the MQL4 language,

The terminal programmer qualification depends on how much and what he/she was able to study personally.

Korey:

The MQL4 programmers are not the right way to talk and write, but the researchers of the MQL4 language,

The programmer qualification of the terminal depends on the amount and type of what he or she was able to investigate personally.

Gentlemen, there is a special topic for the wishes of non-programmers - MQL5 Wishes.

But here we deal only with what programmers need to program ... :))

Programmers, in the sense of the word as I think you use it (of course I'm wrong), need only the editor notepad for programming.

Integer:
Programmers, in the sense of the word, in which I think you use it (of course, I'm wrong), for programming enough editor notepad.

Yes a piece of sausage wrapping paper, and lots of it... But productivity and quality... That's what I'd like to minimise. As well as motor skills, in a word, you can also work in the Roman numeral system. But it's not convenient. That's why I am begging the developers, the usual ... :)) And only that...

TIP: What I want from a "terminal" as a professional programmer. Author MProgrammer.

In this thread MProgammer offers himself to the forum as a professional programmer.
Knows the magic word programmers (API).
But does not know how to put inverted commas as a programmer.
- Help the author,

would be the correct way to put it:

What I wanted from the terminal as a "professional" programmer. Written by MProgrammer.

Reason: