Graphical orders == Graphical line metalanguage - trade orders, GTerminal Expert Advisor refinement

'The meta-language of graphical line-pricing. Trading and skilled trading instruction '

Semi-automatic, really trades manually and in a tester.
Start with the tester. It's very addictive, even more so than such popular workplace games,
like Toad or Montezuma's Treasures.

It's awkward to post refinements in an article.
And they oh so needed.... What have I traded on!!! After posting so many flaws came to light(((
Here's a corrected and more usable version than the one attached to the article.

Instructions inside.

Files:
gterminal.mq4  29 kb

Korey:

'The meta-language of graphical line-pricing. Trading and skilled trading instruction '

Semi-automatic, really trades manually and in the tester.
Start with the tester. It's very addictive, even more so than such popular workplace games,
like toadstool or Montezuma's treasure.

It's awkward to post refinements in an article.
And they oh so needed.... What have I traded on!!! so many flaws came to light after publication(((
Here's a corrected and more usable version than the one attached to the article.

Instructions inside.

Alexander, you wanted to do things differently. Especially since the product isn't bad either. Or maybe I've misunderstood you? Well, you'd better make changes in the article. Otherwise it may be translated into English and Chinese and there will be no changes.

to Vinin

The problem is that I am not a firm, but a private person. The situation is about the same,
FILLIPS gave away a free licence for their MK-60 compact audio cassette.
So, those who need it don't buy it, all the more so because it's just a new interface.
Let's say I'll keep this software on pay-rou, well I'll get 1000 c.u. per year....
But my development will stop (and I'm still developing))).
Particularly, the workpiece for GTerminal has been working for a year and a half, but I couldn't make it to an acceptable size without publication.
Therefore, it is more profitable to offer the beauty for general use than to sell it.

Korey:
The problem is that I am not a company, but a private person. The situation is about the same,
FILLIPS gave away a free licence for their MK-60 compact audio cassette.
So, those who need it don't buy it, all the more so because it's just a new interface.
Let's say I'll keep this software on pay-rou, I'll get 1000 c.u. per year....
But my development will stop (and I'm still developing))).
In particular, the blanks for GTerminal have been working for a year and a half, but I couldn't make them to an acceptable size without publication.
Therefore, it is more profitable to offer the beauty for general use than to sell it.

And the code in the article still needs to be changed.

I've got 39 complex debugs under my belt. But here I'm floundering like a kitten. Very surprising.
For example, the code in the article doesn't see the number 9 in the numbers )))). Well, well. I'll change it in the article when I get over my shock.

Korey:
I have 39 complex fixes under my belt. But here I'm floundering like a kitten. Very surprising.
For example, the code in the article doesn't see the number 9 )))). Well, well. I'll change it in the article when I get over my shock.

Can you elaborate a little more on the 39 debugs?

So, the most valuable thing that could be prepared for complex debugging is transparency of all programs of the complex.
If it is a real-time controlled object,
, the most valuable thing would be to make the most informative state alarms.
Usually, this is where I started. With visualization by various lights, display etc.,
, i.e. to provide convenient observation of the process.
Also, when I started trading FOREX - I wanted that the entire trading process would be like in the palm of my hand.
means in graphics with minimal text.
That's where the proposed graphical interface comes from.

Testing my TS in the Strategy Tester mediated by GTerminal with pauses,
gives very unexpected results.
For example, in the Strategy Tester it usually turns out that the period, on which a trader usually trades, is not the most profitable one,
(that is why he or she trades on a period that is not profitable according to his or her character))

or the set of signals of technical indicators is not adequate, and the trader uses the indicators,
the trader gets winded.
The reason for such strange results is that the forecast line is executed as it was set according to the forecast,
(not with a saving correction). I.e. trading by chart orders does not allow self-delusion.

Hello! What you are doing is great! I was just contacting the forum yesterday, specifically with a question about writing a similar prog. It's good that kind people referred me to your article! Keep up the good work and thank you for posting your Wonderful program! Good Luck!

Korey:

For example, in the tester it usually turns out that the period on which a trader usually trades is not the most profitable one

For training purposes, it really is a very handy tool. It dispels illusions.

If I knew how, I would have added the choice of operation type from the list, not from the "command line".

Judging by the levels of TP and SL in your article, you've already come to the conclusion that trading

preferably using at least daily charts?

So, you don't need an Expert Advisor for real trading?

to carp

For real, this EA works to save psyche from zero bar hypnosis.
Originally,
almost two years ago, I burned my nerves, so I made two lines,
for myself what else is needed - Change parameters - recompiled and that was it.
I.e. it was a real life job straight away.
At that time there was no Visual mode in that scope, as there is now in the tester, and I wasn't interested, so it remained that way until then,
However, I noticed that the EA also works in the Strategy Tester!

That is, the Expert Advisor was for my work in the real account.
However, surprisingly, only after the publicity, I found it,
- only now I've seen many drawbacks, i.e. now I'm not just looking at what I need,
but what other options there might be, what people get up to in application.

For example, Expert Advisor does not work clearly on strongly sloping lines, on periods.
from 4H and above, because it does not take into account the line coordinate increment inside the bar.
When running several instances on different pairs, a conflict may occur when addressing the server at the same time.
This conflict of simultaneous reference is not dangerous, because if there is an intersection, then on the next tick there will be the next reference to the server anyway,
but we have to make it nice.

Already prepared a fix. I'm testing it now. I will post it soon.

P.S. I do not trade on several pairs and it has turned out that
If you turn off several EAs for a long time and then turn them on you should check position of a pause line,
as it sometimes stays on the left.

Reason: