[Archive c 17.03.2008] Humour [Archive to 28.04.2012] - page 281

Have you ever seen tomorrow's evening news?

See

"On August 22nd, "OURS" invite everyone who cares about the forest to make a choice - to go clean it up or just go to a concert.
At 17.00 start cleaning of Khimki forest. Everyone who wants to help we are waiting there. Shovels, rakes, mittens and other necessary things for cleaning we will take upon ourselves. For those, who will come to Pushkinskaya square and choose forest cleaning instead of chatter and songs, "OURFAM" movement will organize buses, which will bring them to the place.
The buses will be waiting at Pushkin Square at 17.00.
After all, to protect the forest you need mittens, rubbish bags, and people, not songs, rallies, and inflammatory speeches. If you want to help the forest - come with us to the clean-up. Those who really care about the forest will go to clean it. Who does not care will stay at the concert listening to songs in its defence. On calculations of organizers the concert will last about three hours.
That's about how long we plan to spend in the forest".

>

Mischek:

Have you ever seen tomorrow's evening news?

See

I don't get it.

denis_orlov:
I don't get it.

A concert on Pushkinskaya and a clean-up day in the forest, with a gathering of participants in buses, tomorrow at 17:00

The buses to the forest will also be parked at Pushkinskaya at 5pm.

denis_orlov:
I don't understand.

A rally-concert in defence of the Khimki Forest is to be held on 22 August from 5 to 8 p.m.

http://grani.ru/Politics/Russia/activism/m.180893.html

Mischek:

A concert on Pushkinskaya and a clean-up day in the forest with buses to collect the participants, tomorrow at 17:00

The buses to the forest will also be parked at Pushkinskaya and at 17:00

Can't we do the clean-up day on Sunday?

ZS: If you can be more specific for those who are especially gifted )

sanyooooook:

like a clean-up day can't happen on a Sunday?

ZS: If you can elaborate for the gifted)

Like, the news has already shown a story about something that hasn't happened yet.

Is it the alcohol that's slowing things down?

They prepared the story in advance, so what's the big deal )))), but it was rushed to air

sanyooooook:

like the clean-up day can't take place on a Sunday?

SZZ: If you can be more detail for the especially gifted )

A "subbotnik" of ours is planned for Sunday, August 22, with buses to take those wishing to do so from Pushkin Square at 17:00

A rally-concert is planned for Sunday, August 22, starting at 17:00.

Mischek:

A "Subbotnik" of ours is planned for Sunday, August 22, buses will take those wishing to attend from Pushkin Square at 17:00

Rally - concert planned for Sunday, August 22, starting at 17:00

First: A sense of humour is a wonderful feeling. Everyone needs it. It's a shame that some people don't have it.
Such a case happened at our institute. We have a Georgian student called Goridze, his name is Avas, and a docent named Petyaev, who is terribly stupid. The docent calls this Georgian to the blackboard and asks:
- What is your surname?
- Goridze.
- And what is your name?
- Avas.
- My name is Nikolai Stepanovich, and yours?
- Avas.
- I'm Nikolai Stepanovich, and you?
- Avas.
- I'm Nikolai Stepanovich! And you?!
- Avas.

This went on for two hours. He could not find out his Georgian's name.
The second one (comes in): - What are you laughing at? I want to.
First one: - I am telling you a story... There was a case like that in our university. There was a Georgian student, his name was Goridze, his name was Avas. And docent Petyaev, who's terribly stupid. The docent calls the Georgian to the blackboard and asks:
- What is your surname?
- Goridze.
- And what is your name?
- Avas.
- My name is Nikolai Stepanovich, and yours?
- Avas.
- I'm Nikolai Stepanovich, and you?
- Avas.
- I'm Nikolai Stepanovich! And you?!
- Avas.
This went on for two hours. He couldn't figure out the Georgian's name.
Pause.

There's a Georgian named Goridze, and his name is Avas. His name is Avas. Yes, that is how he is called, it is not his fault. Avas. What's your name?
Second: Stepa.
One: - Here we go. You're Stepa and he's Avas. He's Avas and you're Stepa. Georgian Avas...
Second: - And who's Stepa?
One: - You're Stepa! And he's Avas. And the docent is stupid. And you're Stepa. And he's stupid. The docent calls the Georgian to the blackboard and asks:
- What's your last name?
- Goridze.
- And what is your name?
- Avas.

Second: Who?
One: Who?
Second: Who does he ask all the time?
One: - Periodically? Who does he ask? Who is asking? Georgian?
Second: What Georgian?

First: - We have a Georgian! And the docent is stupid! He calls the Georgian to the blackboard and asks: "What's your last name?" "Goridze." "And what's your name?" He says: "Georgian." That's "docent". I mean "Georgian". No, the Georgian thought he was asking him, the Georgian... I mean an associate professor, and the associate professor thought he was asking him...
Second: - About what?
One: - About the Georgian. No, about the docent. He says: "What's your last name?" "Goridze." "And what's your name?" He says: "Avas." He says: "And I'm an assistant professor." And he says: "And I'm a Georgian." And the docent says: "Who am I?" And he says: "You're a Georgian too."

Second: - So they were both Georgians?
First: - I do not remember this. One was a Georgian, and the other... Stepan!
Second: - I'm Stepa.
One: - Are you Stepa? Who's the Georgian? The Georgian didn't know he was a Georgian...
Second: - They didn't tell him?
One: - We did, but it was too late. He was already Avas!
Second: - Do it again!
First: - We have a Georgian and a dumb assistant professor. Terribly stupid.
Second: - And the Georgian?
First: - And the Georgian is not. And you too. Together with the docent.
Second: - Well?
First: - "Well!" He calls him to the board - Avas, Avas, Avas, Avas!
Second: - Ah-ah-ah! So what?
First: - Nothing.
Second: Why were you laughing?

Mischek:

A "Subbotnik" of ours is planned for Sunday, August 22, buses will take those wishing to attend from Pushkin Square at 17:00

Rally - concert planned for Sunday, August 22, starting at 17:00

Here, as I understand it, specially for you to point out that there are almost 16 and a half hours until 17 o'clock on August 22, and in the video "today was a subbotnik".
Reason: