[Archive c 17.03.2008] Humour [Archive to 28.04.2012] - page 173

drknn: ............ Instead of getting into an altercation, in a calm even voice I asked the man 1 single question and that was the end of it. "What are you trying to do?"

My foreman laughed when he heard this. The man was lost - one minute he was the attacker and suddenly he was put in a defensive position.

Good technique. But, there is a better one. Loud enough for everyone to hear: "What are you trying to do? I told you, I'm not gay!

That way you don't insult him directly and you don't give him a reason to beat him up. On the other, you put him in a very stupid position in front of his colleagues and his foreman.

Richie:

Good technique. But there is a better way. Loud enough for everyone to hear: "What are you trying to do? I told you, I'm not gay!!!" .

That way you don't insult him directly and you don't give him a reason to beat him up. On the other, you put him in a very stupid position in front of his colleagues and his foreman.

You can't do that, the conversation will devolve into a discussion of the degree of gayness. It will take the conversation away from the goal. Simply asking what the person is seeking will put them in the position of a compromise-seeker. One minute the person is an attacker and the next he's a compromise-seeker. This is what confuses the attacker - he has only two options - either to walk away, admitting defeat, or to make his objectives clear. If he chooses the second way, you can discuss with him how to achieve these goals, or criticise them - it depends on the situation - you can also offer something to replace the criticised.

P.S.

In general, perhaps it is not in vain that they say that brevity is the sister of talent.

In this respect, the work of a writer is a difficult thing. How does a writer work? He writes a draft of composition, locks it on pair - to three days in a drawer of a desk, then sits down and rewrites, throwing out from the text of everything, without what it is possible to do. He discards unnecessary things, correcting logical, grammatical and stylistic errors. And that is how masterpieces are born. Leo Tolstoy rewrote his work War and Peace 17 times! And here the matter is not how interesting the plot turns out to be, here the matter is the degree to which the author's words begin to gain strength.

By the way, I found only one stylistic mistake in Bulgakov's "Master and Margarita" - the author simply didn't notice it. If he had noticed it, he would have corrected it. One mistake for the whole essay! How did the man work! Not for nothing he was awarded the Nobel Prize for this book. A lot of work went into it. Okay, that's a distraction...

Strelok: When I gave my daughter a laptop with Internet, I thought it would be OK.
Strelok: but when she wrote to Father Christmas "Santa Claus, make me admin", I realised I was missing something...

drknn: You can't do that - the conversation will devolve into a discussion of degree ........
Exactly, which is why the conversation should end immediately afterwards - just leave. And the discussion between "colleagues" will continue for more than a week :)))

Before his first wedding night, a man sits and paints his balls with green.
His friends ask: "Why?"
And he says, "Tomorrow I take my trousers off, my wife sees me, she asks me why my balls are green."
And I go right in her face, bang, "Where'd you see the other ones?"

A patient comes to a sex therapist:
- Doctor, I think I'm gay!
Doctor asks him:
- Are you a TV star?
- No,' replies the patient.
- Then maybe a fashion designer?
- No, not a fashion designer either...
- Then maybe you're a ballet dancer?
- No...
- Then what kind of gay are you? You're just a fag!

Man, the men are having fun :))))))))))))))))))

>
Reason: