Not looking for investors or trying to sell an expert :) just interested in opinions - page 7

Corwin_Volot:

In the last report I increased the deposit, because I have prescribed, at the request of the workers, in addition to buying, the sale, which necessitated an increase in the deposit.

i have tested with initial deposit 5000 from 1999 to 2007 and period at a time (700000 profit) and for separate years and for several years - there were no failures. (see reports on previous pages)

I wonder how many orders were open at the same time. Many brokerage companies have restrictions on lot size and number of orders. And these things are very different on Demo and Real.

Vinin:

I wonder how many orders were opened at once. Many brokerage companies have restrictions on the lot size and the number of orders. And these things differ a lot on Demo and Real.

on 700000 level only 15 orders were opened at a time (my real account has a 10 lot limit) and 15 orders seems to hold

even if there is a restriction on a certain real (and reales are also different) it can be solved by opening a second account with transferring the excess amount and running a duplicate Expert Advisor in a different window

it is better to keep such amounts in several pockets :)

It is enough to connect to the Internet once a day for one hour :) that will save both traffic and nerves.

Corwin_Volot, well done for learning MQLs overnight; I couldn't have done that. And I respect you for the 5 on the tower: it will help you to get rid of the illusions of newbies faster.

As for the expert: sashken clearly told you that the drawdowns are too large. Fuck such an Expert Advisor - already by this criterion. Create an Expert Advisor with any drawdown of no more than 15%, suffer.

And one more thing. When testing, try to reproduce the real conditions in which you are going to work, and therefore the initial deposit should be close to the one you are going to use for real trading. Something like a thousand quid, right? Or are you going to put 20 thousand dollars in it?

And you will learn further criteria along with every rejected grail. These criteria are already shown in this report, just figure it out.

Corwin_Volot:

Even if there is a limit on a certain real (and reales are also different), it can be solved by opening a second account with transferring the excess amount and running the doubling expert in a different window

Besides, it is better to keep such sums in several pockets:)

... Once a day, it's enough to connect to the Internet for an hour :) which saves traffic and nerves.

What strange to say about saving traffic when the deposit does not fit into one account...

Theory and reality are, however, different things. Especially in financial markets.

Mathemat:

Corwin_Volot,

1. well done for learning MQLs overnight; i couldn't have done that. And I respect you for the 5 on the BSE: it will help you get rid of the illusions of newbies faster.

2. As for the expert: you sashken clearly said that the drawdown is too large. You should not use such an Expert Advisor, already by this criterion. Create an Expert Advisor with any drawdown of no more than 15%, suffer.

3. When testing, try to reproduce the real conditions in which you are going to work, and therefore the initial deposit should be close to the one you are going to set for real trading. Something like a thousand quid, right? Or are you going to throw 20 thousand there?

4. And you will learn further criteria together with each rejected grail. These criteria have already been shown in this report a lot, just figure them out.

1. as for the illusion, i was just writing with the "contrary evidence" since losing is more likely than winning, so i was betting on losing. as a result, expert earns most when he should lose :)
2. paragraph 1 shows that the expert lives by drawdowns, I will use a different principle then the drawdown should be taken into account.
The only difference is that you need to look at the drawdown in the right way. 3. The conditions are perfectly realistic. first, the minimum deposit I have 5000. and secondly 5000 is not only $ 5000 but also 5000 cents, that is only 50 $. I also have one such account :) it's the other way round, if you have more than $500 then you have to transfer the excess to a dollar account.
4. That's why I created this confusion here :) thanks to those who replied.

goldtrader:
Corwin_Volot:

If there is a limit on a certain real (different reales exist), you can solve it by opening a second account with transferring the excess amount and running the doubling expert in a different window

Besides, it is better to keep such sums in several pockets:)

... Once a day, it's enough to connect to the Internet for an hour :) which saves traffic and nerves.

If you want to save traffic when the deposit does not fit into one account, it sounds strange...

Theory and reality are, however, different things. Especially in financial markets.

You have to earn this deposit first and when you reduce your start-up costs it becomes easier :)
e.g. if you have 10,000 cents instead of dollars :)

Mathemat:

Or are you going to throw 20 grand in there?

20,000 I'm afraid :) this is what you might get from 1999-2007

goldtrader:

... You only need to connect to the internet for an hour once a day :) which saves you bandwidth and nerves.

Strange how you talk about saving traffic when your deposit does not fit into one account...

Theory and reality are, however, different things. Especially in the financial markets.

For example in Belarus 24-hour internet is about $70 a month and that's 64/32 !
In one year you get $840.
If you decide to start with a deposit of $ 1000 and plan to make a profit of about $ 2000 per year, you want to save $ 840-180 = $ 660 on the Internet?

20k I'm afraid :) that's what you might get from 1999-2007

Corwin_Volot, don't be tempted by million dollar profits on a variable lot, they cloud the mind. Show me a report on 0.1 lot, with one order open at a time.

Mathemat:

Corwin_Volot, don't be seduced by million dollar profits on a variable lot, they cloud the mind. Show me the report on 0.1 lot, with one order opened at a time.

Is it really interesting?) The result is easy to read from this chart as well.

To Corwin_Volot: Unfortunately, not everything is as simple in real trading as in the tester using the optimizer.

Reason: