Tendential planimetry method - page 11

grasn:

to Candid

I still haven't figured out what my particular case is, but I assure you it doesn't matter at all.

If I understood your description correctly, you take the interval between the closest masks, i.e. in my terms it's a half-mask range. I set this range with parameter hf, but you can't set it less than one without code correction. You didn't say anything about sorting, I think it's more correct with sorting, but, as written, it's very easy to remove if you want. There was a precedent when a tower was built, built, but never finished :)

lna01:
grasn:

to Candid

I still don't understand my special case, but I assure you it doesn't matter at all.

If I understood your description correctly, you take the interval between the closest masks, i.e. in my terms it's a half-mask range. I set this range with parameter hf, but you can't set it less than one without code correction. You didn't say anything about sorting, I think it's more correct with sorting, but, as written, it's very easy to remove if you want. There was a precedent when a tower was built, built, but never finished :)

The matter is that now my brain is geared up for MathCAD and I have difficulties with MT code translation and reading MQL code in general, although several years ago I wrote indicators and Expert Advisors for it - now I remember the language once again. My head is full of vectors and matrixes. In addition the programming style in MathCAD differs from similar events in MT. These simple facts explain my "dumbness", to be quite honest I try not to look through other people's code, because I know exactly what I need, what it works and I try to transfer it to MT, trying not to be distracted, except for more or less interesting ideas.

If it's about extracting the significant (extreme) levels of the resulting MA matrix (roughly speaking, worms), then no sorting is out of the question, if again, I understand correctly what sorting does and where it can be applied. I have posted MathCAD file and you can just see, concrete implementation. :о))) But, as I wrote earlier, I admitted that it's a special case just in case, because the algorithm used is trivial and it's just the first that comes to mind, there's nothing special, moreover, outstanding in it. I just wanted to see it "live" and it's easier and faster with MathCAD.

As for the tower, I don't see the point of "building a tower" based on planimetry at all. I had an idea that minimal level of "density" near the current datum would mean the departure of the price from the plotted levels (in other words the end of the flat) and it turned out to be a bullshit. In general the situation is simple - we look at beautiful pictures and try to get the explanation and the reasonable use of it.

Grasn, hello ! The wages are not over yet. I agree, of all the phenomena of nature, this is the most predictable. But as with any self-respecting forecast, the whole question is timing :) I was silent because there was simply no time for research. I've been under a lot of pressure at work, everyone's on edge, everyone's freaking out... In short, I've never wanted to screw everybody, go to some backwater town for a permanent residence and earn my living by Forex. And it is very inappropriate to remember that no one will feed me for 3-5 years, necessary for birth of something worthwhile from the current muddled thoughts ...
Regarding your question about what it's all about. First of all and most importantly, the picture's pretty cool. Especially with the rainbow coloring. Having built such a picture I could convince anybody that I'm a real genius and I haven't earned my first million just because of my natural diligence, characteristic of all geniuses :) There is a less important, but also essential reason. There is a proverb among spelunkers - "keep your nose where your pelvis is not fit". Actually worms, if the hypothesis about them is correct, show those places where the pelvis probably will not get through. Therefore, there is nothing to stick your nose into. For example, why should we open a position if the price at this level is likely to go down? It's better to open a position where there will most probably be a monotonous movement and to close it at some distance from the possible flat. Right ? These are the very things I want to find out with worms. I already wrote here that IMHO the market is nothing but a set of support-resistance levels, between which the price moves monotonically. If we get some kind of estimation of these levels, we get everything we need to trade. An opening level, a target and a stop. This is what I ultimately want to achieve. At least in the particular case where the movement is on the blue side.

P.S. I apologize to everyone. What can you do, I'm a person yet (hopefully only for now) is not free. That's it. Go on reading. There's a lot of interesting posts here from my absence.

P.P.S. Right now, 20.11.2007, 02:08, I put a Sell Stop on EURUSD. Based ONLY on worms, on periods from M5 to D1. Opening level 1. 4620, profit 1.4585, elk 1.4650.

P.P.P.S. Gentlemen romantics from the high road, do not kick strongly, and as do not beat a knife or an axe, but it is the FIRST (in general, not the first, and the first series) my positions on forex, where I more or less consciously put a profit and a loss. Before that I used to take a loss completely from the ceiling, and instead of profit I tried to use trawl (with a rather disappointing success). So... And you (especially The Great and Terrible one :))))))))))) are speculating about how worms are good for you :))))

So, no offence to the developers (it really is the best thing you can download for free at 3m), but I'm sick of this mql4 ! That's it. I'm going to Matlab. If someone is interested in continuation of this stalled topic, I will publish here sources from Matlab and pictures drawn in Matlab. Mql4 - don't bother with it, it's just a waste of time and effort. Maybe it should be used for translation of already developed systems. And even then, probably only for the Championship. For family at home, it is better to export through either TCP/IP or DDE files.

The attached archive:
1) cvsexport.mq4 - simple script for exporting data from MT4
2) loadprice.m - function for loading exported data into matlab
3) sma.m - function for SMA calculation.
4) testprice.m - a small test that loads quotes and draws Close chart and its SMA with the period 200

I think that interested and creative Romantics from the high road will suffice to begin with. Although, what I give is not a knife and not an axe at all. So, a knuckleduster at best.)

Further ideas. I've got the idea in my dumb brain that all lots of guys built on these rainbow pictures are nothing more than some kind of patterns. So they can be subjected to some sort of classification analysis. For example, there's a pattern like this. What do we do, we bait, we plant or we smoke bamboo? To answer this burning financial question, we can try to train some kind of neural network. That is, we move away from worms explicitly, and consider the totality of the worms. By the way, a very interesting analogy begs to be made. Even two worms form a primitive and losing trading system. It correctly indicates when to plant, but is, alas, completely helpless when it comes to smoking bamboo. But smoking bamboo is the main occupation of speculators! As they say, if you're itchy, wash your windows. It will be a great joy for passers-by and the deposit is safe. In short, the patterns for buy and sell should be quite similar to each other. Smoking bamboo, on the other hand, may allow to recognize the totality of waving. It may be worth trying something less laggy... Anyway, same as always. "Since other people's money doesn't come without work" :)

Now about the criteria of pattern classification. I propose the following approach. Let's evaluate a pattern by its "strength". The "strength" is a number inversely proportional to the time in bars when a position is closed, with a certain profit, say, of 25 points, multiplied by 1 if we buy, and by -1 if we sell. I.e. "Strength" is a number from -1 to 1. If the grid shows greater modulo strength, we urgently grab knives and axes and get out on the big road. If the "strength" is close to zero, have fun with cards, girls and wine. :)

That's my thoughts in a nutshell. What do you think about it gentlemen bandits? :)
Files:

Better stated in his interview that he has a PNN (Probabilistic Neural Net, probabilistic NS), and specially selected mash-ups are fed into the input. So ideas are hovering in the noosphere, not in our heads...

P.S. By the way, he's recently gone on the upswing and has pulled away from his nearest pursuer by almost half. And, as far as I remember, first he produces code in C++ and then translates it into MQL4 (without dll, of course, otherwise they wouldn't let him in the Championship).

Mathemat, our friendly with a brush :))) Yeah, just looked at the interview and the account history. It's cool, I can't tell you anything... Especially the account history makes the profitable and unprofitable positions look cool. It really reminds the approach of not a boy, but a husband :) If the man wins, it will be well deserved, no freeloading. Alas, it makes me sad, because if I do decide to do it next year, I will have very serious rivals. However, Forex is a sport. May the best man win... About the wagons, yes... It's really kind of mystical... However, if everyone is doing it, from the championship leaders to the stupid Black Cats, perhaps this is the way to the truth. At least the money's coming in. ))))). By the way, all the pictures that have been drawn here are very reminiscent of Mlaat's lifting scheme. However, as father Onuphrius used to say, "I'm not so good with fractions", while the drawings are notable for simplicity and clarity... However, now with matlab I'll try more scientific approaches :) As for C++, it also sucks, though less than mql4. After all, all the algorithms that matlab has by default will either have to be written by hand or obtained somewhere. In my opinion, for research mathematical programs are beyond comparison and you can implement them on anything you like... So, there are only two things that are seriously missing in mql4. A debugger and structures. But this will hardly prevent you from porting your code from Matlab. But once again, I don't see the point in it. Unless you aim for the championship. in my opinion, in life is much easier to either export or dll. P.S. I apologise for the matlab orientation. Here, as I understand it, is generally accepted matcad. Alas, I still haven't managed to master it. The main obstacle is entering it with the mouse. It is wildly annoying. I don't mind if it looks ugly, but it's typed from the keyboard, like text.

eugenk, do you happen to know which of the neural network matpackages allows to make a dll? (If you don't mean "you", I can go "you" too. ...)

Yeah, I think anyone can do it. Neuroshell does it anyway. And matlab even has a compiler that makes programs in C or Fortran from m-files. But IMHO all this is unnecessary when it comes to networks. For networks, weights and topology can be saved in a text file and then loaded either into dll in C or directly into expa in mql4. After all, calculations in networks are trivial, although cumbersome. Of course, if we are not talking about learning. But if a network is adaptive and trainable, as Better says, then yes, there is something to think about. But that's more like a championship. I wouldn't bother with any dll, and would just retrain at least every day in the same matlab, and load the weights file into the expa...

grasn Greetings! The wages are not over yet. I agree, of all the natural phenomena, this is the most predictable. But as with any self-respecting forecast, the whole question is timing :) I didn't say anything because there was simply no time for research. I've been under a lot of pressure at work, everyone's on edge, everyone's freaking out... In short, I've never wanted to screw everybody, go to some backwater town for a permanent residence and earn a living by Forex. And it is very inopportune to remember that no one will feed me for 3-5 years, necessary for birth of something worthwhile from the current muddled thoughts ...

Good to see Kotyara (I think so, didn't mix up anything, aah, forgot to add deserved titles :)! Almost similar problems: got into a project that requires all my working hours, all my free time and even more. Temporarily had to stop all work on my project, so I'm basically falling out for a few months. The only difference is that there are no nerves, everything is calm, as it should be working. But this is my style. :о)))

Regarding your question about what it's all about. First of all, the picture's pretty cool. Especially with rainbow coloring. Having built such a picture I could convince anybody that I'm a real genius and I haven't earned my first million just because of my natural screwdriver nature :) There is a less important, but also essential reason. There is a proverb among spelunkers - "keep your nose where your pelvis is not fit". Actually worms, if the hypothesis about them is correct, show those places where the pelvis probably will not get through. Therefore, there is nothing to stick your nose into. For example, why should we open a position if the price at this level is likely to go down? It's better to open a position where there will most probably be a monotonous movement and to close it at some distance from the possible flat. Right ? These are the very things I want to find out with worms. I already wrote here that IMHO the market is nothing but a set of support-resistance levels, between which the price moves monotonically. If we get some kind of estimation of these levels, we get everything we need to trade. An opening level, a target and a stop. This is what I ultimately want to achieve. At least in the particular case where the movement is on the blue side.

The dialogue from "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" comes to mind: "O Great Thinker, answer our question. What is the meaning of life and in general" The Great Thinker thought and answered "42". So, my comments to the above are, "42." You've got to be more specific, you've got model, strategy, speleologists and hips all mixed up.

Further ideas. Came to my dumb boob thought that all the many built on these rainbow pictures mashah, there is nothing but some kind of patterns. So they can be subjected to some sort of classification analysis. For example, there's a pattern like this. What do we do, we bait, we plant or we smoke bamboo? To answer this burning financial question, we can try to train some kind of neural network. I.e. we move away from the worms explicitly, and consider the totality of the worms.

Opportunist!!! Led and abandoned, no worms, no fishing. Just kidding. That's where I rather drop out, as NS is a separate fascinating activity and I definitely won't do it now and don't see much point for me, for... for... :o)))

grasn:
The thing is, right now my "brain" is sharpened for MathCAD ... and with MathCAD it's easier and quicker.
Don't you have a procedure for automatic downloading of quotes to MathCad? I've been working in Mathcad for years, I'm so used to it that I'm getting bogged down in MQL code. I have a new tick (bar) appeared, it was sent to MathCad and all formulas were recalculated.
Reason: