Wishes for MQL5 - page 128

Would it really be so hard to write an auto-swap function, with a choice of suggested options.
Simply select from the "drop-down menu" and click the "Next" button.
Than OrderCloseTime() ... ...you start digging through functions of orders, positions and deals. My head is spinning...
I almost broke a sweat when I was changing a trivial Day().
Even if the converter changes to functions that are roughly similar, because there are no identical ones because of the different working principle,
the manual conversion work would be 95% less...
Or replacement at compilation with notification like: (!) - Point ---> _Point

A simple MQL4->MQL5 converter can be written. But developers do not have to do it.
Here's an example of one of free (not written by API developers) converters MQL4->JForex (Java API). Like MQL5, it also has asynchronous and events (it's logical, a lot of architecture solutions were taken from there).

getch >>:
Простой конвертер MQL4->MQL5 написать можно. Только разработчикам этим заниматься не обязательно.
Вот пример одного из свободных (написан не разработчиками API) конвертеров MQL4->JForex (Java API). Как и MQL5, там тоже асинхронность и события (логично, что многие архитектурные решения взяты оттуда на вооружение).

In general yes, a lot of similarities, but still why don't the developers even answer, wait? hope? and believe? or is it not worth it anymore... and one can only dream of a converter...

getch >>:
(логично, что многие архитектурные решения взяты оттуда на вооружение).

No need to make unsupported claims.

As long as it is the others who copy our solutions, not us who copy someone else's.

Besides, ideas are worthless without implementation. We have been investing in the development of autotrading for many years, organising a user community, gathering libraries, and popularising autotrading, and our competitors cannot afford to do that. All they have to do is copy our solutions down to each function.

Shurik740 >>:

Вообще да, много сходства, но все же почему разработчики даже не ответят, ждать? надеяться? и верить? или уже не стоит... и о конвертере можно только мечтать...

Unfortunately, there will be no in-house converter due to the drastic differences in the market environment.

I recommend rewriting the scripts completely from scratch to take advantage of MQL5.

Renat >>:

Не нужно делать неподкрепленных заявлений.

Пока это остальные копируют наши решения, а не мы чужие.

Кроме того, идеи ничего не стоят без реализации. Мы много лет инвестируем в развитие автотрейдинга, организовываем сообщество пользователей, собираем библиотеки, популяризируем автотрейдинг, а конкуренты не могут себе этого позволить. Им остается только копировать наши решения вплоть до каждой функции.

Renat, it's amazing how easily and unintentionally I manage to get under your skin!
Why are you making yourself out to be the centre of the world?! If someone has done something good before you, it is not bad, it is good.
That API is not the first year old, and there was an asynchronous trade requests, everything was based on events, etc. You know perfectly well without me. Or will you claim that they are copying something from you? In that case (if you're not banned), I will fetch the description of that API from the publicly available online archive, which was allegedly copied from then non-existing MQL5.

The architecture of that API is logical, reasonable and has been implemented for years with real trading. And I see that the architecture in MQL5 has a huge overlap. And it's not plagiarism, it's the implementation of reasonable solutions in their product.
Answer (without a preconceived desire to see the catch between the lines) the already lost questions-thinks on the tester.

getch >>:

Renat, удивительно, как же легко и не специально мне удается задеть вас за живое!

You have been warned.

Renat >>:
Вам предупреждение.

There's no need for education, it's too late for that. Ban for life at once (since you only have personal antipathies, not arguments).

getch >>:

И это не плагиат, а реализация разумных решений в своем продукте.
I saw a film recently about Steve Jobs with Bill Gates. They both had a slogan like this - 'good artists copy, great artists steal'. So plagiarism is what drives progress. It's not the idea that counts, it's the marketing. So you have to look at the world realistically. :))

Renat >>:

К сожалению, штатного конвертера не будет из-за кардинальных различий в работе с рыночным окружением.
Я рекомендую полностью с нуля переписывать скрипты, чтобы воспользоваться преимуществами MQL5.

If only the "Prepare code for MQL5" button were made, which would do all the routine work of automatic substitution of changed words like extern --> input
The table in help section "MQL4 to MQL5 conversion" does not contain a lot, at least make a complete table there, instead of 10-20% of real changes...

If you create a real money collection for converter production, at least 1000 dollars will be raised. (a joke of course, but there's a joke in every joke...)
You could take this https://forum.mql4.com/ru/29933 as a basis, rework it a bit and make it as a standard button...

Reason: