Wishes for MQL5 - page 101

Neon >> :

Possibility to connect additional windows in EA - e.g. ObjWindowCreate(string Name, bool TypeWindow=false) [false - As indicator window, true- As separate window for currency pairs].

I agree and would like to add...

1) Not only windows, but also sub-windows.

2) The possibility to bind buffer indicators to specific windows and sub-windows, to output the same type of indicators in the corresponding sub-windows. For example, normalized in one window, price in another, etc.

Dear MT developers, can you comment on this quote from MQL5 Help?

The number of graphical objects in MQL5 has increased significantly, but there is one limitation - you can't use functions for working with graphical objects in custom indicators.

How? So now it will be impossible to draw anything in the indicator window? If so, it is very, very bad. Please return graphical objects in indicators.

I think this is a very illogical solution. Anyway, it radically contradicts the concept of MQL4. The decision to enter the market is always based on indicator calculations. Very often the calculations/signals must be shown graphically in the corresponding indicators. I'm not even talking about various graphical tools (channels, levels, etc.). Just look at the number of already written indicators. At least a good half of them use charts.

What does the Expert Advisor need a chart for? Their task is to receive signals from the indicator and either enter the market or leave it.

3) Access to timeseries and indicator data

The word COPY in all functions is depressing. I imagine how it will affect the performance. Wouldn't it be easier to return the pointers to the indicator buffer arrays or make a direct access to them?

4) It would be better to devote time to conceptual points in the FAQ, i.e. how do developers see the concept of working with MT5, otherwise we get "play here, don't play here, wrap fish here..." )) So programmers search for this concept on their own, by trial and error. In my opinion, it would be worth laying out the concept as follows:

expert: structure, tasks to be solved, capabilities, interaction... ; indicator: structure.... etc.

You need to be able to create your own window to set the parameters of the indicator.

To be able to create bookmarks, Customizing Toolbar and other possibilities to work with windows.

The window of setting parameters as in MT4 is already obsolete.

Henry_White писал(а) >>

4) It would be better to devote time to conceptual points in the Help, i.e. how do developers see the concept of working under MT5, otherwise you get "play here, do not play here, wrap fish here..." )). So programmers search for this concept on their own, by trial and error. In my opinion, it would be worth laying out the concept as follows:

expert: structure, tasks to be solved, capabilities, interaction... ; indicator: structure.... etc.

structure, tasks to be solved, capabilities - This is acomplex task. (All within your imagination.)

The more so because in MT5 now the Expert Advisors also serve as indicators.

For example, I have decided for myself that from now on I will rewrite ALL indicators (that will be necessary) in Expert Advisors. And there will not be indicators as such.

The developers want to confuse everything. It is sad. Although, the developers hardly thought about all consequences.

-------------

LONG LIVE MESS AND ANARCHY!!!!!!

HOORAY!!!

----------------

Graphic Objects

A group of functions intended for working with graphical objects related to any specified chart. These functions cannot be used in indicators.

Function

Action

ObjectCreate

Creates an object of a specified type on the specified chart

ObjectName

Returns the name of the object of the corresponding type in the specified chart (the specified chart subwindow)

ObjectDelete

Deletes an object with the specified name from the specified chart (from a specified subwindow of the chart)

ObjectsDeleteAll

Deletes all objects of a specified type from a specified chart (from a specified chart subwindow)

ObjectFind

Searches an object with a specified identifier by name

ObjectGetTimeByValue

Returns the time value for a specified price value of the object

ObjectGetValueByTime

Returns the object price value for the specified time

ObjectMove

Changes the coordinates of the specified anchor point of the object

ObjectsTotal

Returns the number of objects of the specified type in the specified chart (the specified chart subwindow)

ObjectGetDouble

Returns the value of double type of the corresponding object property

ObjectGetInteger

Returns an integer value of the corresponding object property

ObjectGetString

Returns a string value of the corresponding object property

ObjectSetDouble

Sets the value of the corresponding object property

ObjectSetInteger

Sets the value of corresponding object property

ObjectSetString

Sets the value of the corresponding object property

Each graphical object must have a name that is unique within one graph, including its sub-windows. After the object is created or the object properties are modified, it is recommended to call the ChartRedraw() function that commands the terminal to forcefully draw the chart (and all visible objects on it).

---------------------

Correspondingly, there should be no indicators!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nen писал(а) >>

I, for example, have decided for myself that I will now rewrite ALL indicators (which will be necessary) into EAs. And there will be no indicators as such.

Good luck in your endeavours. An indicator must be an indicator.

The main thing is to understand how to do it.

Yes, and you can not use Alert and Comment - chief, all gone!

TheXpert писал(а) >>

Uh-huh, good luck in your endeavours. An indicator should be an indicator.

How else could it be?

I already gave you an example.

RSI is an indicator. It is displayed as an indicator.

But if there are graphic plots based on RSI (for example, ZUP_RSI), then expert must do it!

I agree: an indicator must be an indicator. But if the developers believe that the graphical features should not be applied to indicators, and they are deeply mistaken, the developers have created this situation. Now, in order to avoid confusion, they will have to rewrite everything in experts. The indicators are FORBIDDEN :)

nen >> :

>> How else would you do it?

And how to work with iCustom if you don't make indicators? I'll tell you when I figure it out. I have some ideas.

Indicators can be used for iCustom.

But this is up to the amateur. Recently, I have refused iCustom.

In MQL5 I have decided to rewrite everything without iCustom. Everything is integrated in the code.

Shit. I'm dreading the moment when you can't generate a chart from the indicators. Here's the standard (for me) moment: the indicator sits in its subwindow, but the channel it calculates is drawn graphically in 0! How do I do it now? Because, the indicator buffers are attached and will be attached to the indicator subwindow ONLY! Nothing will be output in the 0th window if the indicator is not in it.

For fuck's sake. The vertical lines will not mark extremums of the oscillator if the indicator is not in the subwindow. Oh, come on... I got upset...

Then let's abandon the indicators altogether - what are they for? Everything can be done in an Expert Advisor.

Or from graphical objects. The language we suggest has no need for them. Indicators are not allowed, while EAs don't need them from the very beginning. Of course, they are needed, but incomparably less than in indicators. So, if developers refuse from gr.objects, it will be almost imperceptible.

TheXpert >> :
Thoughts.

Man, you can't use EventChartCustom in indicators either, it would be great...

Reason: