Wishes for MQL5 - page 66

We need support for multi-core processors. If you do, that would be great!

Let's finish this thread somehow (because we made a mess here), so here are the wishes to MQL5(THE LANGUAGE)

1) structures/classes with inheritance (maybe even operator overloading)
2) prefix/postfix ++/---
3) x=y=z=0
4) do while
5) conditional operator ?
6) strings without length limit
7) dynamic memory (new/delete)
8) typedef
9) full #define
10) conditional #ifdef /#else/#endif compilation (I see no reason not to use it)
11) .... (I must have forgotten something)

I can't even imagine the limits of use, if objects can be passed into a dll and virtual methods can be pulled from there...

mql_coder >> :

We have to end this thread (because we made a mess here), so let's make some suggestions for MQL5 (THE LANGUAGE)

1) structures/classes with inheritance (and maybe even operator overloading)
2) prefix/postfix ++/---
3) x=y=z=0
4) do while
5) conditional operator ?
6) strings without length limit
7) dynamic memory (new/delete)
8) typedef
9) full #define
10) conditional #ifdef /#else/#endif compilation (I see no reason not to use it)
11) .... (I must have forgotten something)

I can't even imagine the limits of use, if objects can be passed into a dll and virtual methods can be pulled from there...

Have you guys lost your mind???? Can you imagine how many errors the developers will make in pp.1, 6, 7!

I've read memoirs of domestic C++ compiler developers, I remember how much they suffered.

I'm all for translation to .NET platform, if you don't know, you can compile source code on the fly, and the code can be

can be written in any of the languages that support .NET, and there are dozens of them!

And there is no hassle of reinventing compiler bicycle - Microsoft did it long ago and provides it for free, so use it!

And let the esteemed developers develop libraries, services, well, there is something to do.

SZZ: I use mql4 exclusively for linking with my own DLL, then everything is passed for processing to a program written in C#, at least there you can

By the way, do you know how easy it is to use mql4?

By the way, do you know how easily and effortlessly a program written in .NET integrates with, say, MATLAB? It's a fairy tale)) Who doesn't know, write to me, I will tell you v-dev@yandex.ru

2009.01.25 22:42:50 TestGenerator: no history data 'EURJPY5'

Why can't it automatically inflate what I want?

Small bugs in the editor

1. When searching, the highlighting of the found is shifted. This shows up in short samples(?)

bug with search

2. sometimes after a block comment

/*

*/

the underlying text is not highlighted.

ps. This happens when navigating through bookmarks.

And it would be good to make bookmarks named, i.e. drop-down list of bookmarks. Now bookmarks are "blind".

And add a list of functions too.

And a list of search terms to go straight to the right one...

Uhhhh...

Hi All.

On the design I agree with Mathemat "I want candles on the background of the sea sunset, for example,".
It would be nice to put any xxx.jpeg in place of the background and go nuts.
I'm bored by MQL-5 without // extern int MyArray[3] = {1,2,3}; //
I want to pass data to EXTERNAL MASSIVE when starting an indicator,
otherwise you get 31 parameter=31 line, and you have to run around the window looking for the right parameter.

I would very much like to see in the next version:

1. STRUCTURES,

2. TYPEDEF keyword,

3. The ability to safely allocate DYNAMIC MEMORY.

These are the pillars on which real C has been based for many years; it is these features that made it popular and universal, so I would like to see MQL5 as a popular and versatile programming tool.

I must have missed a lot here, but still... when is MQL5 finally expected... :)

Registr >> :
I must have missed a lot here, but still... when is MQL5 finally expected... :)

MQL5 is like a blue dream... :)

Everybody wants it... but it's like a ghost somewhere in the distance...

Solver.it >> :

MQL5 is like a blue dream... :)

Everyone wants it... but it's like a ghost somewhere in the distance...

But what an event it will be!

i'm gonna drink 20-year-old hennessy.

---

I'm not being sarcastic! The bottle is sitting in the pantry in the dust and cobwebs as it should be.

but the further away this event is, the better, it'll be more streamlined.

some people will be disappointed, some people will be thrilled.

because everyone expects something different from it.

Some need debugging, I don't.

someone needs a new language feature, me too

someone wants an advanced mt5 environment, i do.

Some want kernel support - I need it (with 8 Intel- I7 processors I want kernel support) that is what I am not hoping for

someone wants 64bit I want it but I'm not sure what it will be

etc, etc.

The matter is that MT4 is developed in Visual Studio 98 - Visual C++ 6.0, if I am not mistaken but this product is old since 98

and if MT5 is written on it, there will be no support of 64

We are not told much about the development process and details but this is a common practice in such cases...

Reason: