MQL5 looks very complicated language ... - page 2

you can make game in MT5 but it is unnecessary.

I like MQL5. I am not a programmer myself, but it took me only a couple of days to convert some of my MQL4 experts to MQL5. And once that short learning curve was over, writing MQL5 codes became a breez. MQL5 with all new features may appear to be more complex than MQL4, but the whole idea of introducing classes is to simplify non-programmers job of coding many things themselves. Contrary to the request of simplifying the language, I actually wish developers had added more C++ capabilities such as vectors and dynamic memory allocation for multi-dimensional arrays.

I am an IT proffesional and I use mql4 for quite a long time now and I totally agree that the new shape of the MQL is going to be a problem for many people. If someone doesn't know too much about OOP and is used to data structures available in MQL4 they can be in a big trouble.

On the other hand, powerful new language, better optimizer and a lot of new features may be a great way for developing more advanced trading systems.

The problem for Metaquotes are those tens of thousands of people who have their favourite Indicators and scripts in MT4 and they WON'T BE ABLE to convert them to MT5

Just my two cents:

MQL5 is more powerful than MQL4. But I understand all the MQL4 users that the switch to MQL5 is not easy. But there is a lot of material available in mql5.com which explains the switch from MQL4 to MQL5.

To all professional developers: May it be possible to develop a MQL4 to MQL5 translator? I think that's possible. 

Yep MQL5 is more powerful than ever but holy crap how many lines of code to i have to write to do simple things.

As a friend of simple, clean, elegant and short programming ( like in python) only thing i can tell is man MQL5 is complicated and i really do not like it.

gannscalper:

Yep MQL5 is more powerful than ever but holy crap how many lines of code to i have to write to do simple things.

As a friend of simple, clean, elegant and short programming ( like in python) only thing i can tell is man MQL5 is complicated and i really do not like it.

Yet, there are few other choices for us :).

The time proved that I was right – eight years later 90% of the developers are still relying on mql4. Just look the number of the EAs in the MT4 and the MT5 markets.

Lachezar Krastev:

The time proved that I was right – eight years later 90% of the developers are still relying on mql4. Just look the number of the EAs in the MT4 and the MT5 markets.

Yes it's true.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Lachezar Krastev:

Hi there, well, it's very interesting what has happened, 10 years ago you were talking about changing all of us to mt5 in 3-4 years, and today people still use MT4/MQL4, and as you mentioned, two years ago MT4 EAs and indicators were more than MT5... today is the opposite, there are more MT5 indicators and EAs than MT4, however there are very few coders posting codes in MT5, for example there are 5000 MT5 indicators but a single coder: Nikolay Kositsin - GODZILLA - Trader's profile - MQL5.community only him has coded above 3250, what is this telling us?. Would we be relying in those 10 coders in the next 10 years to have decent indicators?, come on... something is not working here.

I also agree, simple tools work better, not because an EA has 200,000 lines of code it will be profitable. But if you give the possibility to normal people to code their own tools with a more friendly language, maybe in these same 10 years we would be watching amazing indicators and robots, and what we see, is thousands of crappy indicators being converted to MT5, I mean the same all aged garbage just with more lines of code. So instead of having today 10 or 20 MT5 coders, we would be watching thousands of people designing modern tools, bringing new trading ideas. (An example of this thought could be Easylanguage code from Tradestation).

What's next?, I think we will stay with MT4 at the very end, and then if there is no other competitor we will have to struggle and move to MT5 until someone change this trading world again, but probably won't be MetaQuotes. MT4 made them the number one trading platform, MT5 can even kill the company, how ironic can this be.

hi I’m new so not sure what I’m doing but would like to ask a question 
I’m trying to set up tdi indicator in mt5 but when I get to the bolinger band and look for “ first indicator data “ it only has option for “ previous indicator data “ why is that can anybody help
Appreciate any help thanks 
Reason: