Wishes for MQL5 - page 9

I would really like the development environment to become more user-friendly, namely:

1. Code navigation - quick jump to the function from the list of all declared functions

2. The body of the function could be hidden/shown with a single click (don't suggest to Bauleken not to inline, I already do it - and it's not convenient!!!)

albe:
Dali:

chv:

Gorillych:
I have a wish to have a TrailingStop on the server :),
Still tracking StopLoss and TakeProfit...

What kind of algorithm exactly? There are at least 11 types of trailing in this library . And how many of them (or others) to implement on the server?

It's enough to have a simple trailing, i.e. a linear pull-up of that stop that was set by the last modify operation, just to be able to turn off the computer at night. And more complex algorithms will be implemented in the Expert Advisor.
Simple trailing stops are implemented in many dealers that use their terminal software.
Of course, this loads the dealers' servers, so they are not interested, but at least it is a sacred thing to do for the real money.

To have TS on the server is not the right place, i.e. not for MQL5 developers.

Although the thing is desirable. Let it (TS) be primitive and simple, for example, not a tick, but once an hour and not closer than 50 points, so as not to strain the dealers and their server. It is quite feasible and does not require any special efforts. ALE-E-E, dealers, call out, people are calling out to you. And in response - silence.

Isn't there one company which develops MQL5 and the server for dealers? If MetaQuotes makes it, the dealers will also have it (except for the poorest ones who decide to save their resources).
Actually, in spite of the name of the thread, we offer MetaQuotes software, not only the language.

More wishes for MQL5:

1. The ability to connect the file-module with its own universal functions, so as not to rewrite (copy) them each time in a new Expert Advisor. Later, when the developments appear, this will be useful.

2. I'll repeat: Quick access to the description of variables and functions.

3. In the process of testing, in a separate window, to display the current value of the preselected variables. This is the most actual wish, as it takes a lot of time to determine them during debugging!

4. The possibility of forcing the entire MetaTraderXXX application to be unloaded during the execution of the algorithm by the new function HALT

5. To have access to change the variables of expert type while the EA is running (on the fly), as far as I understand, this can only be done once when attaching the EA to the chart.

albe:

More wishes for MQL5:

1. The ability to connect the file-module with its own universal functions, so as not to rewrite (copy) them each time in a new Expert Advisor. In the future, when new developments appear, this will be relevant.

#include <UniversalFunction.mqh>

The functions can still be connected.

2. Once again, I would like to quickly jump to the description of variables and functions.

Set the cursor on a function and press F1

this works now.

3. In the process of testing in some separate window to display the current value of pre-selected variables. This is the most important request, because it takes a lot of time to identify them during debugging!

Now you can use Print() to print the values of the variables.

4. The possibility of forcing the entire MetaTraderXXX application to be unloaded during the execution of an algorithm, for example by the new function HALT

if(IsStopped()){return(-1);}

when inserted into loops, it forcibly stops (for example, it works fine in scripts when deleting them from a chart)

5. Have access to change the expert variables in the course of the EA operation (in running) - as far as I understood, this can only be done once when attaching the EA to the chart

This can be done even now in the settings of Expert Advisor attached to the chart

in general, it is advisable to read the Help - there are many more things you can do now............

I agree with point 1. I, as a real dummie, have not studied all the features of the current MQL4.
I misunderstood about point 2. I meant not HELP, but the following example: I have a function, and in the program code, when I put the cursor on it (on call of this function) and click the right mouse button, immediately jump to the line describing (initializing) this function. Similarly, with my variables, quickly move to the code line where I set it (like int X=0;).
п3. You may output variables' values now with Print() - I know, but I wouldn't say it is super convenient, to do it, you have to change the code to Print(...) first, then compile and run it through the test and then delete (comment) this Print(...) after correcting the error again. These are unnecessary operations, when you can just check their current values in a new variable window (without changing the code!!!)

4. Possibility of forced unloading of the whole MetaTraderXXX application in the course of execution of algorithm EXAMPLE simply by the new function HALT. THIS: if(IsStopped()){return(-1);} does not unload the whole MetaTraderXXX application (program). In layman's terms: DOES NOT unload the entire application. Sometimes it has to be applied. When inserted into loops, it forcibly closes the program (for example, it works fine in scripts when deleting them from a chart). THIS terminates the EA, not the trading terminal.

5. To have access to change variables of expert type while the EA is running (on the fly), as far as I understood, this can only be done once when attaching the EA to a chart. ------ This can be done even now in the settings of EA attached to the chart - I tried it, but it works when EA is attached to the chart.

it is advisable to read the Help - there are many more things you can do now............ Good advice, I will force myself to do it.

3. В процессе тестирования в каком-нибудь отдельном окне выводить текущее значение заранее выбранных переменных. Это самое актуальное пожелание, т.к. на определение таковых уходит уйма времени при отладке!!!

You can now output the value of variables using Print()

Do not touch the sacred :) Visualization of selected variables is an obligatory function of a debugger in all IDEs, and since a debugger is promised, we are waiting for it too. In general, we suggest improvements, but how to master without them is a FAQ.

I would like to expand the list of built-in indicators. It is not a secret that calling a custom indicator through iCustom slows down the operation of the Expert Advisor. How about conducting a survey of users and based on the results to embed the most popular variants?

Maybe this has already been written about, but just in case: There is a great need for simultaneous testing of several MTS for different instruments with output of test results in one report.

While the programmers are exhausted, I will add three kopecks from ordinary users.

1. I'll join the request to include a "flip order" feature in the language.

2. I will join the request to make the tester a separate program; this will definitely increase its capabilities and speed.
And we will not have to restart testing if the terminal hangs up (and vice versa).

3. I will join the request to allow managing several accounts of different brokerage companies from one terminal.
But the "most beautiful" would be according to the MA overlay on the indicator window using the First Indicator's Data.
Imagine, you have chosen "Copy trades" in the menu of the slave terminal of CP1, indicated the installation directory of the master terminal of CP0 and that's all.
"And so - eight times. Of course, trading by Expert Advisors is supported.

4. It would be convenient if we could modify orders with the mouse (drag and drop TP, SL for open orders and all parameters for pending orders). If SK has done it in AutoGraf, why not make it a standard feature of the terminal?

I may be dreaming about the last points, but desiring is not harmful.

But I'm against allowing stop orders to be dragged around with the mouse - in order to implement this feature, the developers would have to draw the levels of these orders as user accessible objects (available to non-programmers). As a result, when one has just to mix up the line, the order goes to the server - ERROR ORDER! Well, if there are not many lines on the chart, but what about those for whom the chart is just full of such lines? For example, there is a trading system where pending orders are placed with a certain step, and in both directions. As a result, the entire chart will be covered with horizontal lines. Add there lines of stop orders, and imagine how easy it is to confuse there, especially for inexperienced traders. No, let it be - let it be. This thing is not necessary. No sooner has it been integrated into the terminal, the developers will receive requests and requests to remove this "convenience". For example, I do not want to make a loss in trading just because I accidentally shifted the wrong line. There is an Expert Advisor in the MQL4 database which allows for drawing a stop order with the mouse. If you need it, use it - all the more so because it is debugged and free.
Reason: