Equity and balance graph - page 12

OZ0 писал(а) >>

Close is required, but Open is questionable.

Open is not needed at all, even without a question. :)

What is "Close is mandatory" for?

It seems to me that Close makes sense only if we are controlling the Expert Advisor working with Close of the 1st bar or if we are going to use this value in the Expert Advisor.

However, this is already an argument FOR! :)

In all other cases, it is just one of values between High and Low...

Batman >> :

Open is not needed at all, not even a question. :)

What is "Close is mandatory" for?

It seems to me that Close makes sense only if we are controlling the Expert Advisor working with Close of the 1st bar, or if we are going to use this value in the Expert Advisor.

However, this is already an argument FOR! :)

In all other cases, it is just one of values between High and Low...

When doing express analysis of Expert Advisors, I see how the drawdown changes. I need to see at least at the end of the day its change. Although it would be good to see it every 15 minutes, but I think it's difficult.

However, we can debate all we want, but without the goodwill of the developer we will be crying out in the wilderness.

Batman >> :

That's the thing about "almost"... Even on the 1-minute chart we lose maximal and minimal values, and when we move to higher timeframes the picture gets smoother. Three lines could show very interesting "jumps" of equity and help us evaluate the risks when trading several symbols with a large amount of open positions.

I thought the calculation must be performed by minute candles irrespective of the working chart timeframe; then the error would be minimal and moreover, it seems to have one direction - slightly overestimating the real High and underestimating Low which may only favor self-criticism when "sorting out the score" - evaluation of missed opportunities and drawdowns. :)

Why granit77 considers it pampering, I do not understand. I actually encountered such a necessity.

Basically, on higher timeframes we could do with TWO values - High and Low on the history, because Close really loses its meaning and the current value, for example, is point or triangle...

Thanks to everyone who takes part in the discussion. The task turned out to be more complicated and interesting than I first thought :)

I agree, I also think so, since it is necessary to get high and low equity for a candle of any TF.

I see the following option: the script creates a historical data file based on the indicator that can be opened as a standalone chart. In other words, the script writes a minute history of equity "wandering" into the file, and then we convert it to other TFs or export it to Exсel.

Xupypr >> :

I agree, I think so too, since we need to get high and low equity for any TF candle.

I see the following option: the script, based on the indicator, creates a file of historical data that can be opened as a standalone chart. I.e. it writes a minute history of equity "wandering" into the file and then we convert it to another TF or export it to Excel.

It is all good for offline, but online... it seems to me it is not an option at all

---

I, as an active user of your indicators, but as a fairly inexperienced programmer at the same time, find it difficult to judge about the implementation options for the stipulated task, let alone suggest them. In principle, I myself have faced this question before, but as I wrote, for now I do with M1 (although the option is not very good, and not only because of errors/smoothing, but because of the load on the processor, every minute it goes off the scale). Of course I would like to see High and Low, and of course on-line, but not in the form of lines that's for sure, IMHO it would be cluttering, i.e. if you put several indicators on top of each other... ripples... Personally, for me it would be better to see a familiar chart, i.e. bars or candlesticks - the question is whether it can be implemented.

alexx_v >> :

That's all well and good for offline, but for online... I don't think it's much of an option.

The offline schedule can be updated online.

Is there any way to draw the indicators directly in the chart?

---

i.e. as now, the chart you have attached to and adjusted - it shows it there

If only equities in the form of bars/candles... or better yet, the line based on close prices or bar/candle, again - flexibility

Xupypr >> :

I agree, I think so too, since we need to get high and low equity for any TF candle.

I see the following option: the script, based on the indicator, creates a file of historical data that can be opened as a standalone chart. In other words, it writes a minute history of equity "wandering" into the file and then we convert it to another TF or export it to Excel.

very useful thing...

Igor, but the equity in the form of bars instead of lines would be really great ...

The actual pictures are for illustration and at the same time to confirm that it is practical to do what you want

alexx_v >> :

The actual pictures for clarity, and at the same time confirming that it is practical to do what you want

is it already done?

and the resulting graph?

And the export into Excel and back?

Very curious really ...

these are slightly/very different indicators :) go to ForexTools profile, there is a link to his site with a detailed description of the tools

---

the main thing is that it is technically possible to do what one covets ) it's just a matter of time

Reason: