DEMO and REAL differences - page 2

zhuki:
I am not going to prove anything to you. If you have a question, ask it, and I'm not going to engage in a polemic. You're interested, I'm not.

You only need to confirm with a real chart from the real world.

new-rena:

I mean realistically. Yesterday we were discussing testing with an experienced person. It turns out that the most accurate method of testing leads a trader astray
You have to test correctly. I can see the equity in the tester and compare it with the real one. It is exactly the same.

Testing is to test a strategy, not to calculate future profits, hence the misconception.

zhuki:
I agree. That's the right way to work.

I applied a strategy to the market today - statistical arbitrage. And until I set lots = i.e. two options to open trades... Didn't manage to make any profit.

I mean, once again, until you hide what you want, you don't earn it!

paukas:
You have to test properly. I can present the equity from the tester and for comparison from the real. One to one.
So picture it.

paukas:
You have to test properly. I can present the equity from the tester and for comparison from the real. One to one.

OK - we'll see.

new-rena:

Differences between Demo and REAL

If you make a small number of trades a day on a quiet market, then I think that the Demo is not significantly different from the REAL.

kch:

If you make a small number of trades a day on a quiet market, I think that the Demo is not much different from the Real.

About 4 trades per hour

new-rena:

I applied a strategy to the market today - statistical arbitrage. And until I set lots = i.e. two options to open trades... I didn't manage to make any money.

I mean, once again, until you hide what you want, you can't make money!

What does the tester have to say about this?

new-rena:

I have to confirm it only with a real trading chart.

Are you trying to turn me on? I am very resistant to such attempts. It's bad luck, too.

If you have trouble, I suggest you post your EA, we'll see why the demo does not coincide with the real one.

Reason: