Offering the game !!!!! - page 4

FION писал (а):
Well, put it out there!

Here's another idea... take the daily candles Dollar Euro for example... Draw a midline of 6 candles...
Parallel to this line, build a channel from the highs and lows of the last candle (or the last 2, 3 candles), build a channel that would be parallel to the midline. ... and play inside the channel with certain stops and profits ... lots of parameters ... you can optimize ... ( I mean buy from the bottom and sell from the top... It worked manually when I was testing... ... I didn't write a program...

Here's another idea... Take a flat pair. Let's say the pound euro... if you look at the weekly candles it's been flat for a long time... ... let's divide this range in two parts up and down... go lower and buy every 50 pips higher for example and sell... buy every 50 pips higher with a 50 pips profit... no stops (we close if the base figure shows a breakthrough... or if there is a breakthrough)... If this pair stays there for a year ... the profit may be really good ...

nchnch писал (а):
FION wrote (a):
So put it out there!

Here's an idea ... I read it in a currency speculator. Let's take the midline and start buying from the bottom and selling from the top.
Suppose the price falls, we buy below the average line every 100 p. Then when the price is above the average line we also close bought positions by a staircase and then sell ... again, every 10 p. A question is to choose the size of this staircase and the average line ... Of course the stop-loss system is risky... but if you diversify into several currencies and play only on swaps... it may come out well... you can also use options instead of spot... then the risks are lower... but there are downsides...
The average does not stand still, isn't it easier to buy above the average, sell below the average, if so, this algorithm has long been implemented (MT-4). If you mean the locked positions, when playing in the channel, you may fall into a long-term drawdown (the price left the channel) and then you cannot exit the lock without losses.

nchnch писал (а):
FION wrote (a):
So put it out there!

Here's another idea...take daily candles Dollar Euro for example... Build a midline of 6 candles ...
Parallel to this line, build a channel from the high and low of the last candle (or the last 2, 3 candles), build a channel that would be parallel to the midline. ... and play inside the channel with certain stops and profits ... lots of parameters ... can be optimized ... ( I mean buy from the bottom and sell from the top... It worked by hand when I was testing... ... I don't know how to write a program...
I had already written about channels on the forum and on Alpari. With results.

nchnch писал (а):
Here's another idea... Take a flat pair. Let's say the pound euro... if you look at the weekly candles it's been flat for a long time... ... let's divide this range in two parts up and down... go lower and buy every 50 pips higher for example and sell... go lower every 50 pips and buy with a 50 pips profit... no stops (we close if the fundamentals are clear... or if there is a breakthrough)... ... we can also choose the optimal grid size... if this pair stays there for another year... the profit may be very good...
How is this idea different from the previous one?

FION писал (а):
Well, put it out there!

Here's another idea.

We need a highly volatile instrument... an index or something like that. In any direction we buy with a stop of 20 pips (with a reversal) and a 200 pips profit. if the stop is called, our position is already short and also the same profit and stop (20 pips and 200 pips). each time our position has grown by 10 %. i.e. we lose some time while the price remains in place and every false move we lose 20 pips and increase the position little by little (10 %) ..... sooner or later the price will go away and we'll take 200 points and reclaim the loss... it's a stupid thing...in a stupid way.... you can do that on breakouts of some levels.... price will hardly fluctuate on breakouts for long... it will either go back or it will move on... which is to our advantage !!!!!!

Michel_S писал (а):
victors wrote (a):
here's an idea that was born just an hour ago - hopefully an original one as I have not fallen for its use in automatic trading (although I haven't had much time to read it so far) :)

when there is a movement and the Expert Advisor instructs you to trade
the first thing to do is to send a request for a minimum order with zero deviation from the visible price - slip 0
if it works, it means that the signal is weak and we skip it
if a requote comes, increase the order amount to a maximum, set the slip 5 and repeat the order
i think it is very likely to take at least 5 pips on this move, which at maximum lots is 5% of the deposit
all you need is to catch requotes and change the slip

I should add for those who bring ideas for trading: Pipsipsips do not offer.

I do not write Pips ideas :))))

nchnch писал (а):
FION wrote (a):
So put it out there!

Here's another idea.

You need a highly volatile instrument... an index or something like that. In any direction we buy with a stop of 20 pips (with a reversal) and a 200 pips profit. if the stop is called, our position is already short and also the same profit and stop (20 pips and 200 pips). each time our position has grown by 10%. i.e. we lose some time until the price remains in place and every false move we lose 20 pips and increase the position little by little (10 %) ..... sooner or later the price will go away and we'll take 200 points and reclaim the whole loss... it's a dumb thing...in its own way.... you can do that on breakouts of some levels.... price will hardly fluctuate on breakouts for long... it will either come back or go further... which is good for us !!!!!!
This is the same variant with lots. Losses are usually the result of an entry mistake or a pullback. No one wants to lose the spread on purpose. If you mean a stop and reversal, the system will work and such Expert Advisors are available on the Internet, you haven't invented anything here, but they are implemented with trailing, which is even better.

In my opinion, a trader's ideas are not theoretical formulas (there are plenty of them), but tested in demo or real trading, but definitely in online trading. Because otherwise, the value of such ideas is nothing. It turns out that your ideas need to be polished in on-line trading, and it is not the programmer's, but the trader's job.
Everyone has to do their job.
A trader's idea has to go through a test run. And MTS is written for its fine-tuning, polishing, optimization, and so on.

Michel_S писал (а):
In my opinion, a trader's ideas are not theoretical formulas (there are plenty of them), but tested in demo or real trading, but definitely in online trading. Because otherwise, the value of such ideas is nothing. It turns out that your ideas need to be polished in on-line trading, and it is not the programmer's, but the trader's job.
Everyone has to do their job.
A trader's idea has to go through a test run. And MTS is written to fine-tune it, polish it, optimize it and so on.
I agree... Took the words right out of my mouth :)
It's exactly the kind of ideas we all have to nurture ourselves.
Reason: