Poll: balance of the winner - page 4

The winner's balance will be 40,000 :)

Ran mine now through the three months since the beginning of the year. Results (profit):

01.01 - 01.04 = 38 574.32

01.02 - 01.05 = 14 774.48

01.03 - 01.06 = 37 112.88

01.04 - 01.07 = 32 917.15

01.05 - 01.08 = 45 569.28

01.06 - 01.09 = 26 900.27

01.07 - 29.09 = 15 960.56

It turns out that the balance ranges from 24 774.48 to 55 569.28. Since never suffered from inflated self-esteem, I think the winner program with twice the profitability of mine. I.e. the winner's balance comes out approximately minimum 49,000 maximum 111,000. The average is 80,000.

Michel_S писал (а):
ForexFox wrote (a):
And my system can't give more than 20% for the duration of the contest. But this is compensated by the stability of the balance growth.
Sincerely

And my system is not oriented on the percentages at all, neither large nor small. They may be the same in some months, and different in other months. I am not sure how much interest you will get during the contest period - life will tell you. And for you, if I understand correctly, it will definitely be 20%. So for me it's a benchmark for winning or losing. :)

Of course you're right, different months, different percentages. That's my case, too. But it's likely to be around 20%. Also an Expert Advisor may lose everything after the 3rd trade, or may not make a single loss trade and gain the maximum profit, but the probability of such outcomes is much lower. That is why I focus on 20%. Also, I think there will be about 30 trades in total.

By the way, I think that such an indicator as the number of deals during the Championship is also very important. The more trades, the more reliable statistics will be collected on the EA. I believe that 30 deals is just the norm.

Best regards

Better:

I don't think anyone would put up an expert who makes a loss on the backtest...

I can say with 100% probability that there is at least one such person :) I have not tested my "brainchild" (only on the opening prices), but the fact that the test showed losses has pleased me - it means it is not a grail and there is a chance it will work :)

As for the balance there is a quote of Vysotsky "I rushed into a thousand like into a five-hundred and lost my money" .... I limit myself to the maximum risk of 3.9%, which for three months, hopefully enough - "want to get to quickly - fly, want to arrive on time - go by train" :)

I also at the very beginning suggested the organizers to put a limit on the minimum number of transactions and the maximum amount of transactions, to bring the conditions closer to reality, but maybe next time they will take it into account. Short range cannot beat lovers of going "all-in" with expectation, but I do hope only "real" systems with balance up to +30% will stay at the finish. Total: 13,000.

One day Albert the Great and his favourite disciple, Thomas Aquinas, were walking in a garden. And they got into an argument: the mole lives all his life underground, therefore he does not seem to need eyes, therefore he is blind. Scientists argued about it for hours and more than two hours. Finally, the gardener who happened to be there suggested to them: "Gentlemen scientists! Forgive me for so impudently interfering in your scholarly conversation! Let me dig out a live mole from the ground and you will see for yourselves, if it has eyes. A real, live mole!" To which the two scientists exclaimed in one voice: "Absolutely not! We are arguing in principle whether the principle mole has principle eyes!"
(Si non e vero, e ben trovato -- If not true, well made up).

alexjou писал (а):
One day Albert the Great and his favourite disciple, Thomas Aquinas, were walking in a garden. And they got into an argument: the mole lives all his life underground, therefore he does not seem to need eyes, therefore he is blind. Scientists argued about it for hours and more than two hours. Finally, the gardener who happened to be there suggested to them: "Gentlemen scientists! Forgive me for so impudently interfering in your scholarly conversation! Let me dig out a live mole from the ground and you will see for yourselves, if it has eyes. A real, live mole!" To which the two scientists exclaimed in one voice: "Absolutely not! We are arguing in principle whether the principle mole has principle eyes!"
(Si non e vero, e ben trovato -- If not true, well made up).

In fact, this thread isn't even an argument at all. The participants of the Championship are just wasting their time in anticipation of the competition as there's nothing else to do before the starting whistle. Honestly, I don't want to...

As I understand it, there will be around 200 experts allowed to compete. Then a maximum of 10% of the participants are active on the forum. The rest are out of the fuss ;)

rebus писал (а):
Ran mine now through the three months since the start of the year. Results (profit):

01.01 - 01.04 = 38 574.32

01.02 - 01.05 = 14 774.48

01.03 - 01.06 = 37 112.88

01.04 - 01.07 = 32 917.15

01.05 - 01.08 = 45 569.28

01.06 - 01.09 = 26 900.27

01.07 - 29.09 = 15 960.56

It turns out that the balance ranges from 24 774.48 to 55 569.28. Since never suffered from inflated self-esteem, I think the winner program with twice the profitability of mine. I.e. the winner's balance comes out approximately minimum 49,000 maximum 111,000. The average is 80,000.

As trading in the contest will be close to the real, your profits may fall by half, and some even go into deficit, compared with the tester.

I don't get it. With the profits of an expert like that, why participate in the competition at all :) When in six months you can make a sum of money 2-3 times bigger than the main prize. Where did you find such grass for experts? :))

dogada:

... I capped my maximum risk at 3.9%, ...

If it's no secret, how did you organise it programmatically? By lot size, stop-loss, trailing stop or something else?
Reason: