vps server - page 7

Dmitiry Ananiev:

Open the terminal. Go to File - Open data directory. and you will get to the right folder. there go to the MQL folder. This is where the actual EAs and indicators are located.

This scheme does not work on UPU. The UPU peculiarity is that the root folder does not contain the "terminal" option and works only with the terminal, originally provided. Attempts to copy and replicate terminal folders are doomed. I did the following: forced, put EAs in the folder, exported to the UPU and everything worked. I don't know whether the owners of the UPU will agree with this machination, I don't know. But I'll put them before the fact. The thing is that when they found out about the problem, they gave me a new folder and a new terminal. But, the provided folder turned out to be a copy of the "non-working" folder, i.e., the "naughty" folder with all my previous EAs, and the terminal "doesn't listen" to the new folder! Only the implanted folder and the terminal from it solved the problem. Thank you all for your attention and replies. So, you know, there are quirks to the UPU, it turns out. But, thanks to those who have provided me with a UPU where I can experiment and identify bugs.

it is inexpensive now, built in terminal - $10/terminal, buy a separate VPS - $5-10/terminal

If even cheaper - use netbook/laptop (already bought) + electricity + internet channel

Hi! I found a non-standard behaviour in the EA, if running on a virtual server and calling WebRequest(...) I get a 4014 error, although I don't see this on the local machine.

void OnTimer()
  {

//---

string cookie=NULL,headers;
   char post[],result[];
   char   data[];  // массив с данными для отправки POST-запросов 
   char   file[];  //-- 
   int res1, res2;
   string updateStatesUrl="http://127.0.0.1/netfx/rest/upstats";
   string getOrdersUrl="http://127.0.0.1/netfx/rest/fz/?a="+IntegerToString(AccountInfoInteger(ACCOUNT_LOGIN));
//--- обнуляем код последней ошибки 
   ResetLastError();
   int timeout=5000; //--- timeout менее 1000 (1 сек.) недостаточен при низкой скорости Интернета 
//--- сформируем тело POST запроса
   ArrayResize(data,StringToCharArray(statsToJson(),data,0,WHOLE_ARRAY,CP_UTF8)-1);
   res1=WebRequest("POST",updateStatesUrl,NULL,timeout,data,result,headers);//--
   if(res1==-1)
     {
      Comment("Ошибка в WebRequest. Код ошибки  =",GetLastError());
       return;
     }
   res2=WebRequest("GET",getOrdersUrl,cookie,NULL,timeout,post,0,result,headers);
//--- проверка ошибок 

if(res2==-1)
     {
      Comment("Ошибка в WebRequest. Код ошибки  =",GetLastError());
      return;
     }
//--------- TODO
}

What can be the reason?

maximivanov:

it is inexpensive as it is now, built in terminal - $10/terminal, buy a separate VPS - $5-10/terminal

If even cheaper - use netbook/laptop (already bought) + electricity + internet channel
Just to add - for up to a month, to get used to it and test it, you can do it for free. The same microsoft azure give away.

Dear Connoisseurs!

Please give advice on optimizing a VPS from MetaQuotes.

When initially connecting a terminal to a VPS, MetaQuotes service automatically selects the optimal server taking into account the broker's geographical location and ping time. However, sometimes there are situations when for some reasons you need to connect another broker to the rented VPS. In your account at mql5.com this can be done manually. But this is a serious problem - increase of ping (in my case almost 20 times). It is clear that this server is not optimal for this broker. But maybe there is some way... towards cost optimization. Why should it idle for no reason?

Is it possible how to reconnect the terminal to the correct VPS and continue to use the paid resource.

Thank you.

SYMRDV:

Dear Connoisseurs!

Please give advice on optimizing a VPS from MetaQuotes.

When initially connecting a terminal to a VPS, MetaQuotes service automatically selects the optimal server taking into account the broker's geographical location and ping time. However, sometimes there are situations when for some reasons you need to connect another broker to the rented VPS. In your account at mql5.com this can be done manually. But this is a serious problem - increase of ping (in my case almost 20 times). It is clear that this server is not optimal for this broker. But maybe there is some way... towards cost optimization. Why should it idle for no reason?

Is it possible how to reconnect the terminal to the correct VPS and continue to use the paid resource.

Thank you.

VPS is not per terminal, but per trading account.
You can move your VPS subscription from one account to another (in your terminology - "switch VPS to another broker"): Your Profile - Hosting - Active - ...

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Move VPS from one MT4 trade account to another

Eleni Anna Branou, 2017.03.09 09:24

You can move your VPS subscription from one account to another. Go to your Profile >> Hosting >> Move :

Sergey Golubev:

VPS - not to the terminal, but to the trading account.
You can migrate your subscription from one account to another (in your terminology "switch VPS to another broker"): Your Profile - Hosting - Active -...

The same, but in a bit more detail (in English, but the pictures are clear) -

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

How to migrate a signal subscription from one VPS to a new VPS?

Rashid Umarov, 2017.04.07 10:22

If you need just to change your trade account on the rented VPS, do it from your Profile on mql5.com

1. Open the "Hosting" section of your profilehttps://www.mql5.com/en/users/your_login/hosting.

2. Locate your subscription, click the "gear" icon and select "Move".

3. Specify new trading account (Login) and new trading server (Broker) if needed, then click the "Move" button.

4. Open your MetaTrader terminal and authorize in trading account to which you have just moved the subscription.

5. In the "Navigator" window start the server and migrate your trading environment.

If you want to "transfer the same trading account to another VPS", but it is necessary to register already another VPS (that is - in this case simply to transfer the trading account from one VPS to another VPS will not work).
It is easier (and free) to use already rented VPS, and transfer it to another account.

Can anyone suggest a UPU in Maidenhead, near London, or in London, that is 1-2ms from Tickmill

The one here is expensive, all the others offer for 5-7 dollars, but they are either in the Netherlands or elsewhere. I need English.

Ivan Butko:
Can someone suggest a VPS in Maidenhead, near London, or in London to have 1-2ms with Tickmill

The one here is expensive, all the others offer for 5-7 dollars, but they are either in the Netherlands or elsewhere. I need English.

Read the article:Why virtual hosting in MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 is better than regular VPS. It is very detailed on why it is better to use in-built virtual hosting in the terminal.

Vladimir Karputov:

Read the article:Why virtual hosting in MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 is better than regular VPS. It explains in great detail why it is better to use shared hosting embedded in the terminal.

Thanks, I am aware of that.

It's just 10 dollars. I would like it to be 5-7, like competitors

UPD

I forgot completely, my EA requires an auxiliary program that runs separately from the terminal. in this case the VPS from MKL is not suitable

Reason: