The arrival of a new generation of trading software. What should the EA interface be like?

Dear developers, on the threshold of the leap in the development of trading software, it is expected that the robots we create will gain a lot of new features. It does not matter whether ordinary algorithmic traders need these features now or not, we will continue to develop this area anyway. We need the new opportunities ourselves. Demand from buyers is often created by new offerings from sellers, so we should not think that our innovations will go unclaimed.

For a long time, there was a serious obstacle to the development of trading software capabilities on MT. In my opinion, this is not the MQL language and MT platform, which by the way, have a wide base for the realization of creative potential of even the most talented developer, but the scale and complexity of the problem of creating a high quality windows-like graphical interface.

Who among us has not once felt the discomfort of not being able to realize all that he had in his own advisor? Haven't you ever felt the lack of windows with tables, trade statistics, reports, and many other things? Perhaps, almost everyone has understood in their heart that this should be integrated not only in the tester, but also in their own EA, because this data is needed even more in real trading and real time.

However, difficulties such as the lack of technology, absence of common standards, low quality of created graphics, and other problems faced programmers who have taken up the risk of creating a user interface of their trading robots. It became clear that it is much more difficult to create a complete UI for MTs, than to code the trading logic, write algorithms of gathering statistics or implement pattern recognition into a strategy. It is these difficulties that became an obstacle for the transition of algorithmic trading to a new level of algorithmic trading, where the area of necessary interaction between man and program, which increases the effectiveness of trading and unlocks the potential of the most original ideas, is greatly expanded. The area of interaction, which allows you to compensate for the program disadvantages of the "iron" binding to the algorithms, the flexibility of human thinking.

Now EAs are like trams that run strictly on rails, and users do not know anything else, but imagine if EAs become like cars, with the option to steer in any direction? With such "cars" you can feel much more confident in the market ...

I think it is clear to all that EA interface will greatly increase the level of information support for trading, expand observer's horizons, will help to conquer more trading sites. There will be real-time statistics, easy visualization of trading processes and much more... However, until developers have a way to create a quality GUI quickly and easily, programs will unfortunately remain the same. It seems that progress in the development and "cleverness" of trading robots was stopped by almost complete absence of GUI. An EA without GUI is like Windows without windows - it is just DOS and you do not want to use it indefinitely.

There are some brave developers in our community who have created GUI libraries. They have done a great job and it deserves a lot of respect. I will not judge the effectiveness, quality and ease of writing a graphical interface with their libraries, as it is a very subjective judgment, but let us imagine that their libraries fully meet all the requirements of even the most picky programmers and with their help we can create anything we want. Let's think together about what the interface of our EAs should be, what we would like to place there, what information we would like to output. Let's think about style and standards of interface for programs, in which it has never been fully implemented. )

Hi!

Here I wish to see an AI in the robot. I want a "human" face to appear on the chart. A human face would appear on the chart, i.e. an artificial intelligence, and it would talk to the trader. And, based on the order, it would go online and find the data of interest about the market situation. It would also give voice advice about what to do in different moments of trading.
And most importantly, they would laugh.
The robot would open trades by voice order, through a smartphone.
In addition, the broker would find out which special programs use this broker and how these programs influence ticks and price speed.

Alexander Ivanov:
Hi!

Here I wish to see an AI in the robot. I want a "human" face to appear on the chart. A human face would appear on the chart, i.e. an artificial intelligence, and it would talk to the trader. And, based on the order, it would go online and find the data of interest about the market situation. It would also give voice advice about what to do in different moments of trading.
And what is more important, I would laugh.
That's great! I'd like that, too. But the artificial intelligence could become greedy and take a percentage of profit in his pocket, or ruin the owner on the grounds of personal animosity)).

Реter Konow:
That's great! I would like that too. However, the artificial intelligence could become greedy and take a percentage of the profits in its pocket, or bankrupt the owner on grounds of personal animosity.)
And it would also block the computer, ;)))) After all, the AI would be self-learning. That is, it can automatically learn all the available programming languages in a couple of hours.

Alexander Ivanov:
Ahahaha ;))

A whole new layer of problems would open up. )

However, as far as the interface is concerned, EAs do need one. The very fact that there are people who spend months writing graphical libraries suggests that it is very relevant.

Реter Konow:

A whole new layer of problems would open up. )

However, as far as the interface is concerned, EAs do need one. The very fact that there are people who spend months writing graphical libraries suggests that it is very relevant.

There are plenty of interfaces. If they're not too lazy they'll make them. But all unnecessary bumbasses can interfere with testing and optimization. MT4 is so thin on power.

Alexander Ivanov:
And it will also lock the computer, ;))) After all, the AI will be self-learning. That is, it can automatically learn all available programming languages in a couple of hours.
AI is too hard for us. It cannot be created in a single human life, but it is still up to a specific person to lay the groundwork.

Alexander Ivanov:
There are many interfaces. If you're not too lazy, they will. But all the extra bamboos can get in the way of testing. MT4 is so skinny in terms of power.
Well, how do you yourself see the interfaces of EAs? What should they be like?

This is how it should be.
Create an interface script separate from the robot, just like the one-click script, but more powerful and multi-functional.
This script should work with all the Expert Advisors.
Let the creators of metaquotes think about it.
Then it will not interfere during optimization and testing.

However, it is a nonsense to put such a program inside a robot.
Many traders want their robot to bring money. The rest is a side effect.
No matter how you dress up an old woman, she will never become a princess.

Alexander Ivanov:
We have to do it this way.
Create an interface script separate from the robot, just like the one-click script, but more powerful and multi-functional.

You have surprisingly repeated my idea. So it will be. There will be a special indicator placed on the chart. It will take the specific information from the boot file to build the interface of a particular application (Expert Advisor). According to the instructions written in the file, it will reproduce the specific interface and provide its connection with the EA through the global variables, whose names will also be written in the file.

The technology is at the stage of completion at the moment. )

Alexander Ivanov:
This is how it should be.

However, it would be a pain in the ass to put such a program inside the robot.

Methaquotes have nothing else to do but to think about the add-ons of geeky romantics.

The button takes three minutes to write. And let's create a group and encourage progres to create a revolutionary product (preferably free), that they spent six months creating a universal interface (for all occasions, even those that will never be needed).

Then we will put all this mega bibble on Open Source, and there we will create a description of the control language for this crap. And the user will say: Oh yes, I don't need to learn three functions to create a button, I'll just learn a whole query language for this thing.

Reason: