The arrival of a new generation of trading software. What should the EA interface be like? - page 2

Реter Konow:

You have surprisingly echoed my idea. It will be. There will be a special indicator placed on the chart. It will take specific information from the boot file to build the interface of a particular application (Expert Advisor). According to the instructions, written in the file, it will reproduce the specific interface and provide its connection with the EA through the global variables, also written in the file.

The technology is now at the stage of completion. )

Best wishes for success then. Hit the whole iron. Dobro.

Alexander Ivanov:
Then I wish you success. Hit the full iron. Good.
Thank you. )

Nikolay Demko:

The methaquats have nothing better to do than to think about schizophrenic romantics' gadgets.

The button takes three minutes to write. Let's create a group and encourage progessors to create a revolutionary product (preferably for free), so they could spend half a year creating a universal interface (for all occasions, even for those that will never be needed).

Then we will put all this mega bibble on Open Source, and there we will create a description of the control language for this crap. And the user will say: Oh yes, I don't need to learn three functions to create a button, I'd better learn a whole language to queries this thing.

Good. Get to work.

Alexander Ivanov:

We asked the methaquotes for a ticking history for 4 years, they gave it to us.

Valk-forward testing asking for 3 years, I think there's still a year left.

Nikolay Demko:

The methaquats have nothing better to do than to think about schizophrenic romantics' gadgets.

The button takes three minutes to write. Let's create a group and encourage progessors to create a revolutionary product (preferably for free), so they could spend half a year creating a universal interface (for all occasions, even for those that will never be needed).

Then we will put all this mega bibble on Open Source, and there we will create a description of the control language for this crap. And the user will say: oh yes, I don't need to learn three functions to create a button, I would rather learn a whole query language for this tool.

Criticism is welcome).

However, you have made a few inaccuracies:

1. No request to create anything will be addressed to the metaquotes.

2. Here we are not discussing how hard it is to create an interface, but imagining that it is very easy to create one, and trying to understand what it should be for EAs. In general terms.

Nikolay Demko:

Valk-forward testing asking for 3 years, I think we still have a year left.

Well, we really need the metaquotes here, but there is no need to ask them about EA interfaces. Everything will be solved without them. We are the developers!)

Реter Konow:

...It was becoming clear that creating a full-fledged UI in MT was much more difficult than coding the trading logic, writing algorithms for collecting statistics or integrating pattern recognition into the strategy. It is these difficulties that became an obstacle for the transition of algorithmic trading to a new level of algorithmic trading, where the area of necessary interaction between man and program, which increases the effectiveness of trading and unlocks the potential of the most original ideas, is greatly expanded. The area of interaction, which allows to compensate for program disadvantages of "iron" binding to algorithms, by the flexibility of human thinking.

It is too exaggerated. If we are talking about algorithmic trading, then there, on the contrary, they try to minimize the human's involvement in the process. Another thing - market research and analysis, that is where the graphical interface plays an essential role.

Nikolay Demko:

Valk-forward testing asking for 3 years, I think we still have a year left.

)) wow. You are doing a good job. Kudos to your group and to the methaquotovs.

Alexey Navoykov:
If we are talking about algorithmic trading, then there, on the contrary, they seek to minimize human intervention in the process. Another thing - market research and analysis, that's where the graphical interface plays an essential role.

It may be that minimising human intervention in the robot's trading process does have a positive effect on trading results, but it may not. For example, it would be nice to adjust strategy settings based on real-time statistics. Unfortunately we cannot fully test it in practice, so far this "non-interference" remains mostly involuntary...

And a high-quality visualization of the trading processes would be very appropriate. Visibility is a prerequisite for understanding...

The interface is secondary to the functionality.

Each EA has its own functional needs (some have more than enough standard instances).

There cannot be a universal interface.

The most universal functionality is the basic MQL.

All the rest are the languages of a higher level with respect to MQL.

If MQL is not so complex, why bother to think about building a universal interface language? How much demand for it will arise?

Suppose we have a certain market research. For this, we write an Expert Advisor that is most convenient to change. And it requires some kind of management interface.

The interface itself is implemented according to the needs of management, how much information should be displayed, what commands should be received and upon what events.

Once these questions have been answered, it is easier to create an interface, without any universal tricks.

Otherwise, without any specific binding it will turn out like this:

sd

Reason: