New MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 402 - page 14

Yes, today I encountered two such bugs at different times on 2 quite decent and trusted brokers, on the same computer. And after some lack of quote feeds on a third, on a VPS server in New York. Given that this has happened many times before, not even just on the latest build - I decided to contact the developers. It often happens either when terminal is standing with Expert Advisors for a long time. Or when you open the terminal with Expert Advisors already installed.

Since my Take Profit is set after opening of a pending order, I see on the control terminal at home that it is not set, though the order shows open. Then I open it remotely and, as I already mentioned, the yellow line is lit up, the price is beyond the pending order level, but it is not in the list of open orders and the EA does not take any further actions or modify anything.

No, it is not because of brokerage companies, it happened before and at other brokers. It seems that the terminal loses some order sequence when pending orders of a broker are activated and some commands do not work. Maybe it has something to do with windows. I don't know how MT4 is set up internally. That's why I'm asking the developers to try to fix it. I am afraid to trade when there is such a pain in the terminal.

One of the brokers once asked for takeprofits and stoplosses to be set immediately in pending orders. I don't want to modify them right after the order is placed. May brokers I trade with block the terminal for some time after pending order's execution if modification comes right after it in order not to attack their server with increased number of requests?

I'll have to try to add it when placing. Maybe this bug will disappear then.

Dear developers, can you please tell me how I can do a simple operation - add the one I need to the list of symbols and - most importantly - open HIS graph?

The old glitch is back again for some reason.

I add a symbol to the terminal's symbol list. right-click on it, choose open chart.... and a graph of any symbol appears, but not the one I selected.

Apparently, the numbering of the symbol list gets messed up. What's bad - reloading the terminal doesn't help!

What to do?

And the meta-editor keeps crashing when working with the clipboard.

On the USDRUR chart, there is no fifth digit on the right-hand ruler. Although it is present in the quotation window.

dimonsky:

And MetaEditor keeps crashing when working with clipboard.

As I mentioned before, MetaEditor crashes when Microsoft Groove (included to MS Office 2007) is installed. In case of MS Office 2010, the MetaEditor crashes if you have Microsoft Sharepoint Workspace (the successor of Microsoft Groove). To eliminate this error I can recommend everyone not to install the specified MS Office component, if it is not necessary.

In order to get the error you need to load any mq4 file in MetaEditor, save it under a different name, select any fragment of the program text and press Ctrl+C.

This error is confirmed on MT4 build 225 and build 402, most likely it also appears on other MT4 builds.

In the installed terminal, the time signal is only triggered after 24 hours and not on the same day

Is this the intention or is it a glitch in the terminal?

mdomt:

In the installed terminal, the time signal is only triggered after 24 hours and not on the same day

Is this the intention or is it a glitch in the terminal?

Specify local computer time in the signal. Just checked, it works.

Rosh thank you!

Please forgive me if I am confused, but I only noticed the problem today. Brokers with MarketWatch do not have the ability to close counter positions. This can be seen in the position closing menu, it also shows up in programmatic use:

if (OrderSelect(0, SELECT_BY_POS))
   {
      int ticket1 = OrderTicket();
      if (OrderSelect(1, SELECT_BY_POS))
      {
         int ticket2 = OrderTicket();
         if (!OrderCloseBy(ticket1, ticket2))
            Print("Ошибка закрытия: ", GetLastError());
      }
   }

It is assumed that there are two counter positions in the Terminal list. We get error 3 - Incorrect parameters.

Question #1: Has the described situation always existed or has it changed after the 225th build (no possibility to check it on the 225th build)? I.e. does it mean that if broker uses MarketWatch, it is impossible to close positions counter-clockwise? Perhaps it is up to the broker to choose whether to allow counter positions or not?

Question #2: Is there supposed to be a programmatic way to determine whether to allow counter-closing? Or can this only be judged indirectly (like error 3)?

Question 3: Makes sense if the answer to question 2 is yes, as this is an old sore point. Is there going to be a software way to determine the method of trade order execution (MarketWatch, Instant Execution)?

Generally speaking, the MarketWatch window has always been there. It cannot be disabled in any way.
Reason: