A few requests on MT4 - page 6

Question for a suggestion.
Are there any reserved constants for days of the week?
If not already, I suggest introducing one.
For example, DayOfWeek() should not be compared to a number but to a named constant (similarly for
TimeDayOfWeek())
Then you won't have to correct the text of experts, if you decide to change numbers for days of the week again, as you have done now: start counting from 0 for Sunday, not from 1 as it was before)

Renat, you wrote in one of the forum threads:
Unfortunately, the branch has to be closed - there will be no asc line in principle. It's a bid chart. <br / translate="no">.
This is the standard.

Will the stop-loss and take-profit lines also be based on bids?
I don't have time to check it now, but visually it looks like this:
The price line "hits" the s-l or t-p line, and there's still a difference in "profit" by the amount of spread.

Yes, also on the issue of moving funds between accounts.
One of the DCs replied:
"Automating this process does not seem to me to be a good idea.
Of course it's easier for the client, but it's harder for us
to keep track of all the transactions in the account. And there is a vulnerability with the transfer
from one account to another.
We are in solidarity with Renat on this issue here."

Second DC, not even going to ask. The answer is obvious, and that's a pity... :(

Will the stop-loss and take-profit lines also be based on bids?

If the stop loss is at 1.3240, it will be drawn in this position. Bids and Asks have nothing to do with it.

If we take a short position and the price misses the stop by just a few pips and goes down, we will see on the chart that the price did not reach the stop... That's where the whole problem arose.
Do you guys know Omega or any other program like Metastock? How this problem is solved there. Maybe this issue should be solved by our colleagues from abroad and not to invent anything superfluous?
I've never used anything else but MT in my life and never looked at it closely. If only I had an option to use different indicators for different timeframes of the same currency... I already mentioned it in the wishes thread, but my question did not get a response there :(

Write down which indicators you want to attach and for which timeframes they should be------ I will teach you how to do it

A couple of requests.
1. Bring back the Refresh button for the indicators.
2. Put Up/Down on chart scrolling.
We have already implemented 1-2 in MT3 and removed them in MT4.
Therefore it is worth to call them regression.

3. It is very inconvenient to change parameters of indicator.
Now I have to delete old value and enter a new one. To do it as in MT3 (old value should not be removed)

4. Properties (F8) for Chart Window
It would be very good to add the Apply button.
This would allow to see the changes without closing the window.
Now we have the following situation: made the changes, closed the window by Ok, I didn't like it.
Now you have the following situation: you close the window, make the changes and so on.

The above also applies to the window of editing the properties of the indicator and other windows.

5. When closing the Chart Window, it would be nice to request confirmation from the user. Since the Maximize and Close buttons are located next to each other, often in a hurry you get close instead of Maximize. Only the previously saved template helps.
Alternatively, you can use the "confirm Chart Window closing" option in MT options.

6. Charts Bar. I want to see the currency pairs in the order in which I have windows with currency pairs. I don't.
The order of currency pairs in Charts Bar is very similar to Random.
For example, I change time frame for USDCAD from M30 to H1 and reload MT.
I see tab with USDCAD in the beginning for some reason.
Solution options:
a) Change the order of currency pairs in Charts Bar to the order they follow in Market Watch.
b) Make the order of currency pairs in Charts Bar customizable, as it is implemented in Market Watch. In other words, the user will drag tabs with his mouse and set up the order of descending.
Of course, there is an order.wnd file, but I do not think that everyone will want to change it manually every time.

7. Why hasn't the idea of a separate password just for viewing an account been implemented?

Whose joint is this----- alparish or yours?
[img] http://www.alpari-idc.ru/ru/forum/download.php?id=2503 [/img]

Renat, I apologise, because I wrote it in a hurry and got a bit "confused"...

Will the stop-loss and take-profit lines also be based on bids? <br / translate="no"> No time to check now, but visually it looks like this:
The price line "hits" the s-l or t-p line, and there's still a difference in "profit" by the amount of spread.

I wasn't referring to Stop Loss and Take Profit lines, but to lines of open orders, Buy and Sell, respectively.
We should make the price line visually coincide with the order line when the current price and the order price are equal.
But how should we do this for a Sell order?

Bullshit writing----imho
Reason: