Programming - page 8

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

look at each account -- one profile is verified -- the other is not -- so both can't have held products.

If the administration keeps track of double registrations -- it's easy to find out who's who.

But there's a 99% chance they're double accounts.

Time will tell...

But both have relationships in the freelance service, at least you can't withdraw funds without a passport.

I wouldn't be so sure about that, remember Cicero.

Yuriy Zaytsev:

time will tell...

But both have relationships in freelance services, at least you can't withdraw funds without a passport.

I wouldn't be so sure about that, remember Cicero.

it's a double account -- I'm 99% sure -- unfortunately, the administration can only verify

Navyinvader:

By the way, some of the tips are very good!

It's true when they say books are useless - it reminds me of the Inquisition years - they used to say that too - in some places they even burnt books.

I wouldn't put it down to just any book about programming. ...not abstract ones but ones about a specific language

but alas MQL4 MQL5 books are not available in shops - there's Sergei Korolev in electronic form - but only in MQL4

Since MQL4 MQL5 are very similar to C - another good old C book by language authors D Ritchie and B Kernighan

This book will give you some idea - it is available online somewhere.

---

I am an organic chemist by education, and now I am a .Net Developer.
My first programming language was MQL.
I am also self-taught by:
Ritchie - C programming.
Prata - C++ programming
Straustrup - C++ programming
Richter - .Net + C#

From my personal experience, I find Prat's books to be the most useful and accessible.
Also, you need an understanding of algorithms and data structures - the online courses from meil.ru are good, but for beginners will be somewhat complicated.

Sergey Dzyublik:

Navyinvader:

By the way, some of the tips are very good!

It is true when they say that books are useless - it reminds of the Inquisition years - they used to say so then too - in some places books were even burnt.

I would not single out programming books ... ...not abstract ones but ones about a specific language

but alas MQL4 MQL5 books are not available in shops - there's Sergei Korolev in electronic form - but only in MQL4

Since MQL4 MQL5 are very similar to C - another good old C book by language authors D Ritchie and B Kernighan

This book will give you some idea - it is available online somewhere.

---

I am an organic chemist by education, and now I am a .Net Developer.
My first programming language was MQL.
I am also self-taught by:
Ritchie - C programming.
Prata - C++ programming
Straustrup - C++ programming
Richter - .Net + C#

From my personal experience, I find Prat's books to be the most useful and accessible.
Also, you need an understanding of algorithms and data structures - the online courses from meil.ru are good, but for beginners will be somewhat complicated.

Nowadays the availability of books is very good!

I repeat, in Soviet times there were practically none, which is why my training was held exclusively from

from American developments, apparently obtained in some miraculous way, apparently by our certain structures.

and planted in research institutes and various NGOs, probably for general technology development.

( in 1987 or 1986 I had a magnetic tape in my hands, the dates in the commentaries to the sources were

two months ago as written in the USA, someone handed over the tape as a matter of friendship from some Moscow research institute. They've been going around between research institutes by friendship

but originally they went to the research institute in a very different way.)

--

The world has changed a lot. There are so many books, it's important not to get lost in the diversity of books, hence the opinions that books are useless.

But it is important to follow the right path. Sergei has clearly been down that path for a while now, and he is essentially on the right path.

C++ OOP is better studied after Ritchie and Kernighan.

Sergey Dzyublik:

Navyinvader:

The most useful and accessible, from personal experience, are Pratt's books.

You also need an understanding of algorithms and data structures - online courses from meil.ru are not bad, but for beginners it will be a bit difficult.

I think Schmidt's books are useful for beginners, he writes in a very simple and accessible way. I posted one here once on the pluses.

Sergey Dzyublik:

Some of the advice, by the way, is very good!

Since MQL4 MQL5 are very similar to C - the good old C book by language authors D Ritchie and B Kernighan is also very good

When the question "How to learn mql4/5" appears, everybody advises to study C and C++ with enviable persistence.

What do C and C++ have to do with mql4/5.

A man wants to write indicators and Expert Advisors for MT4/5 - how can C and C++ help him? -- Somebody can explain in a sane way the course of his or her own type-logic thoughts of a programmer.

Is it really so that to understand the algorithm, the categories of "condition", "loop", understanding of variables and functions, one must learn some quite left-handed language that is not suitable for writing EAs and indicators for MT4/5 at all?

Kernighan and Ritchie wrote a great book -- but they wrote a book on C -- and that book, with all its undeniable merits -- is not a primer on basic programming. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the people who advise you to "start with this book" have never gone through it, paragraph by paragraph. The same goes for Stroustrup's book.

A programming language, is not a goal -- a language, it is a means to solve a specific problem.

It is the need to solve a specific problem that stimulates and forces one to learn language constructs.

There's no point in learning any language construct if it's not needed to solve the problem at hand. There's no point in learning OOP if it's not required to solve a problem. There is no sense in studying graphical objects if they are not used in the task at hand.

You can also advise to begin from studying machine commands and assembler. Although, many clever programmers have a terrible gap in this part - that's probably why they give such perverted advice, because the structure of thinking is incomplete or rote.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

How many times does the question "How to learn mql4/5" arise, but for some reason everyone advises to study C and C++ with enviable persistence.

What do C and C++ have to do with mql4/5?

A man wants to write indicators and Expert Advisors for MT4/5 - how can C and C++ help him? -- Somebody can explain in a sane way the course of his or her own type-logic thoughts of a programmer.

Is it really so that to understand the algorithm, the categories of "condition", "loop", understanding of variables and functions, one must learn some quite left-handed language that is not suitable for writing EAs and indicators for MT4/5 at all?

Kernighan and Ritchie wrote a great book -- but they wrote a book on C -- and that book, with all its undeniable merits -- is not a primer on basic programming.

A programming language is not a goal -- a language is a means to a specific task.

It is the need to solve a particular problem which stimulates and forces one to learn a language construct.

There's no point in learning any language construct if it's not needed to solve the problem at hand. There's no point in learning OOP if it's not required to solve a problem. There is no sense in studying graphical objects if they are not used in the task at hand.

You can also advise to begin from studying machine commands and assembler. Although, many clever programmers have a terrible gap in this part - that's probably why they give such perverted advice, because the structure of thinking is incomplete or rote.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

How many times the question "How to learn mql4/5" arises, for some reason all with enviable persistence advise to learn C and C++.

The point is that people are not stupid - one or two may be"persistent" idiots but not ALL

I would also add that it is desirable to master OOP, at first, at the level of theory. In my opinion it's better to enter OOP after you understand procedural programming.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

You may also advise to start with the study of machine commands and assembler. Although, many clever programmers have a terrible gap in this part - that's probably why they give such perverted advice, because the structure of thinking is incomplete or rote.

Actually - at one time many years ago I began to study programming exactly from assembly language machine codes and then smoothly passed to SI

, the first developments were precisely in assembler - I wrote the operating system for APCS, drivers, etc. programming of iron directly

Later on, after the hardware evolution, everything was written in C

But now to give an advice to study ASM would be of course a wild... But to give an advice to study ASM now would be too wild and unnecessary... the understanding would be of course at a higher level - but as a rule nobody needs it now...

asm has not come in handy for me during the last 20 years - as a rule, i. e. very seldom, exotic projects may require knowledge of asm

Unless there is a well-paid job :-) smart guys with no knowledge of asm won 't be competitors.

By the way once I got a very posh well-paid job just demonstrating the ASM skills :-))) although ASM itself was not needed at all, the world is very diverse and not always "logical".

AndreyF. Zelinsky:

What do C and C++ have to do with mql4/5.

The most direct. Why C? Because MQL is closest to C.

If a person has some basic understanding of programming in IT lessons, then there is no problem learning MQL4/5 directly.

--

AndreyF. Zelinsky:

A programming language is not a goal - it is a means for solving a concrete problem.

In our case, a person has a PURPOSE - to learn a language.

Yuriy Zaytsev:

Just in our case a person has a PURPOSE - to learn a language

There's a great comedy film -- and in it there's a line: "When you talk, Ivan Vassilyevich, it's as if you're delirious". And there's an answer: "What do you mean?" That's the right answer for our situation.

Your attentiveness to your opponents is at an all-time low.

Read:

writing EAs etc.

Thanks in advance.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

How many times does the question "How to learn mql4/5" arise, but for some reason everyone advises to study C and C++ with enviable persistence.

Kernighan and Ritchie wrote a great book -- but they wrote a book on C -- and that book, with all its undeniable merits -- is not a primer on basic programming. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the people who advise you to "start with this book" have never gone through it, paragraph by paragraph. The same goes for Stroustrup's book.

A programming language, is not a goal -- a language, it is a means to solve a specific problem.

It is the need to solve a specific problem that stimulates and forces one to learn language constructs.

Listen to what this man says.

Although he is also very "mean" and rude, he often says the right things.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

A man wants to write indicators and Expert Advisors for MT4/5 - how can C and C++ help him? - at least someone can explain in a sane way the course of his quasi-logical thoughts of a programmer.

C is advised to learn because there is a certain knowledge base that will be relevant at all times. C allows you to get that base. Yes, it is a harder way, but "a step to the left, a step to the right" will not knock the ground out from under you.
Reason: