Where can I buy a book on EA programming? - page 2

Zvezdochet:
You have to convert from CHM to PDF ........ I get an empty PDF file after conversion ....missstic...

Necroposter otakue !!!

Zvezdochet:
To do this, convert from CHM to PDF ........ I get an empty PDF file after conversion ....missstic...

Then use this recipe.

Georgiy Merts:

Necroposter otakue!!!

Why are you so quick to point out the problem? The man pointed out his problem, which is now, not two years ago. He just wrote in an old thread. Why create a new one if there is already a similar topic?

I remember two years ago I ordered a MQL4 programming tutorial from OZONE, but it took them three months, and I was somewhere in the suburbs by then. I had no time, then forgot about it. I decided to pay $50 for freelance EA development and I'll stop bothering my brain with programming. Only for two years I paid about $200 in commissions and arbitrage, and I have not got any properly written EA. I have now decided once again to try programming myself. I decided to look for a book on MQL programming .....Khow come I got to this branch of the forum - can't think of anything! Clicked on the sentence "Please tell me where to find a tutorial," and I was "swept" by the courts. I am a guest here. I don't pretend to be one's place. If I have inconvenienced someone - please forgive me - not out of malice, but because of the purely coincidental nature of the Gulf Stream that carries courts and nails me to the shore in the head with a boat plank.

C# programming guide

Take a look at this, it may come in handy. There are tutorials for beginners and advanced users.

https://docs.microsoft.com/ru-ru/dotnet/csharp/programming-guide/

Zvezdochet:
I remember two years ago I ordered an MQL4 programming textbook from OZONE, but it took them three months, and I was somewhere in the suburbs by then. I had no time, then forgot about it. I decided to pay $50 for freelance EA development and I'll stop bothering my brain with programming. Only for two years I paid about $200 in commissions and arbitrage, and I have not got any properly written EA. I have now decided once again to try programming myself. I decided to look for a book on MQL programming .....Khow come I got to this branch of the forum - can't think of anything! Clicked on the sentence "Please tell me where to find a tutorial," and I was "swept" by the courts. I am a guest here. I don't pretend to be one's place. If I have inconvenienced someone - please excuse me - not out of malice, but because of the purely coincidental nature of the Gulf Stream that swept the courts and nailed them to the shore in the head with a boat plank.

Get a better grasp of C++ and MQL will take care of itself.

Konstantin Nikitin:

Understand more or less C++, and MQL will take care of itself.

is this such subtle trolling of the tc ?

Plus with their templates, stl, boost is more complicated than mql to put it mildly :-)

even the Standard is more voluminous than MQL+MT handbook and two years of articles together.

Maxim Kuznetsov:

is this such subtle trolling of the tc ?

pluses with their templates, stl, boost is more complicated than mql to put it mildly :-)

even just the standard is more voluminous than the MQL+MT help together with a two year archive of articles

That's what I'm saying. If C++ goes well, even if not perfectly, but more or less, MQL will go up freely.

Konstantin Nikitin:

Understand more or less C++, and MQL will catch up.

The "Most Common Idiotic Advice" category is for learning MQL (or any other programming language) to advise to learn C++ first.

The purpose of a programming language is to solve specific problems.

And you can learn any programming language only by solving the problems for which the programming language was created.

Read Kernighan and Ritchie (Ritchie is one of the direct authors and creators of C): "The only way to learn a new programming language is to write programs in it."

To learn MQL, you must start to solve the tasks for which MQL was created - writing Expert Advisors and indicators for MT4/5 terminal.

Even those, who advise to learn it, don't know how to do it.

I would not recommend relying on textbooks - they are almost always more water than information. I once read one such book (not only this one, there were others) - half the book the author was showing how he would cleverly apply a virtual function. The only decent material I've seen is Stroustrup, but it's not for beginners. Start with the aforementioned Kovalev (to master the basic structures), write in C style (structures + external functions), and to the plus style yourself if you need it.

Optionally: and when you get the hang of it, move on to reference books like this (perhaps after Straustrup?) https://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp

Reason: