The oil issue ... - page 38

the blue line is the 100 SMA (SMA with a period of 100) and the red line is the 200 SMA (with a period of 200) - just sometimes they measure the trend as up/down/divergent on these muvings (price above the 200 SMA is up, below is down, and between the 100 SMA and 200 SMA is secondary divergent within a primary up (above 200 SMA) or down).

Now about the US .... I don't think they are winning either (although their position probably doesn't depend on the oil price).

Example.
Looking at a recent Forbes article here, which lists what billionaire Warren Buffett invested in in 2015 and what came out of it.

• Taking the first two is Wells Fargo & Co. and International Business Machines Corp. (i.e. - it invested as much as possible there in 2015).
  • Now go to investing com, search for these firms here,
  • open their charts, put the chart as Heikin Ashi,
  • We right-click on the chart and add two muwings - blue as SMA with a period of 100, and red as SMA with a period of 200 (it would be good if we had such a thing in the Trading section - not to have to visit other sites for web trading technical analysis).

We get Wells Fargo & Co.

On the daily timeframe here it's all ... a downward breakdown (cries for his money...)

On the weekly timeframe there is still some room to fall - the price is between 100 SMA and 200 SMA, and above 200 SMA, that is - it is a secondary multidirectional correction on the background of the primary uptrend on the border of the reversal. To put it simply - if price crosses the red line from top to bottom - then this Wells Fargo & Co. will no longer go up in an uptrend this year.

International Business Machines Corp.

On the first chart (D1) everything is already done, and on the second one (W1) everything is also done ... this International Business Machines Corp. is not going up this 2016. That is - the year has just begun, and now it's safe to say that billionaire Warren Buffett will continue to lose big money all through this 2016 as well.

-----------------

Maybe it's not about oil at all, but about the US crisis?

синяя линия - это 100 SMA (SMA с периодом 100), а красная - 200 SMA (с периодом 200) - просто иногда они измеряют тренд как восходящий/нисходящий/разнонаправленный по этим мувингам (цена выше 200 SMA - восходящий, ниже - нисходящий, а между 100 SMA и 200 SMA - вторичный разнонаправленный внутри первичного восходящего (выше 200 SMA) или нисходящего).

Another example ... sort the best US companies (Top 50) by profitability, find the best - Williams Companies Inc (which appears in many publications as the best company to invest in 2016 - it is related to gas - production or supply ... something like that), do the same thing there as in the previous post, and we get - this company will not go up in 2016 ... maybe never will ...

This is a daily chart ... I do not want to show the weekly chart at all - growth never started there (i.e. it never happened).

And this is the best ...

I mean, the thing is probably that the U.S. is already in a severe crisis, and it will get deeper ... which is probably why oil is going down.

And if oil goes up and they still have a crisis :)

Here, if there was a regulator that would monitor the synchronous fall of the currencies of "downshifters" - so that quotes in exchange offices would not change (ruble to zloty, etc.). Then let everything fall in the U.S., and we will not care at all.

The fact is that all these charts of indices, stocks and currency pairs are only the consequence of economic change, not the cause. It is therefore incorrect to make predictions such as "the economy will fall all year". Who knows what will happen to the economy? No one knows.

And even more incomprehensible statements like "Here, here we see support, it means that there is nowhere to fall! Oil can't keep falling!" .... I do not care how it looks on the chart, it is not a damsel in distress, she will fall over the pavement without a scratch.

zy. I'm not saying that TA doesn't work. I'm saying that if the economy needs to fall, it certainly won't be guided by support/resistance levels.

Joo Zepper:

The fact is that all these charts of indices, stocks and currency pairs are only the consequence of economic change, not the cause. It is therefore incorrect to make predictions such as "the economy will fall all year". Who knows what will happen to the economy? No one knows.

And even more incomprehensible statements like "Here, here we see support, it means that there is nowhere to fall! Oil can't keep falling!" .... She does not care what it looks like on the chart, she is not a red maiden, she just falls on the pavement without a scratch.

Blah blah blah...

P.S. It's a little late but still.

Files:
USDRUBM30.png  844 kb

Vasyl Nosal:

P.S. A little late, but still.

Exactly, a little late.

Joo Zepper:
Exactly, it's a bit late.
That's ok. On 2 baja and 1 selu I took €400 from 30 euros:))))))))

Vasyl Nosal:
That's alright. On 2 bajas and 1 selu I got 400 from 30 euros:))))))))
well hammer... I wish it was always like that and not the other way round.

Joo Zepper:

And even more incomprehensible statements like "Here, here we see support, it means that there is nowhere to fall! Oil can't keep falling!" .... I do not care how it looks on the chart, it is not a damsel in distress, she will fall over the pavement without a scratch.

zy. I'm not saying that TA doesn't work. I'm saying that if the economy needs to fall, it certainly won't be guided by support/resistance levels.

So it's the same with them that if the price is below the 200 SMA (on lower timeframes there may be a period of 100 or 50) - it's a primary downtrend. Even if the price goes up, it will still be a correction within this downtrend - until it crosses this 200 SMA from below to above. That is, everyone who does their tech analysis (including TV):

• They'll spend the whole year talking about declines, or
  • or do intraday technical analysis, or
  • or talk about "it's bottom and it's time to buy".

That is - all 2016 I will be reading their own articles about this fall ...

Price is not a UFO to instantly change direction ...

Joo Zepper:

Well, that's my assumption that it won't go much lower anymore. Note that I don't expect much growth either. There will be a flat for years.

Many are looking for the reasons of a collapse or rise, and there is cyclicality. First a trend, then a break, a sideways movement and so it happens throughout the history.

Reason: