Why do 95% of traders lose? - page 7

Dina Paches:

When trading not by the lot, but:

• 0.1 lot, then the cost per pip on four-digit quotes for the EUR/USD pair is $1;
  • 0.01 lots, then the cost of one pip per four-digit quote for EUR/USD is $0.10;
  • 2 lots, then the cost of one pip on four-digit quotes for the EUR/USD pair is $20.

So, in these calculations, a different number is obtained than yours. But this is usually referred to as pips, not ticks.

Life is diverse.

And please show me where I poked you with software calculations. I gave you specific material:

• To this question of yours: "...so why do you put such an accent: "and on the 4 digits...", or do you know another measurement of a single pip...?" the answer is here.
  • I then wrote this response to your post, with specific examples and explanations.

Secondly, since you consider yourself a pro, be kind enough to calmly and without labeling you, justifiably (i.e., argumentatively) prove that what I cited from the documentation here and from the terminal here is not true.

By the way the following question: in one tick will there necessarily be a movement of exactly one minimum unit of the price value of the pair?

I've already written to you, but I'll duplicate it: "And you don't need to stick program calculations here, because you can't do them any other way." And you again with documentation and a terminal, which is built programmatically.

Every instrument has a minimum price change per tick, but a tick is not necessarily a point. The price may go over 30pp in one tick in a highly volatile market, for example at a news release, but the value and calculation of a pip does not change from that.

If you are at this forum, it means that you deal with stock trading, and it does not matter - directly or via a broker, but you should know the basic stock exchange terms, they are not that many, then you will be competent in a conversation even with Soros himself).

To understand why people lose money in the market and the difference between a viable business and a game that inevitably leads you only to losses, you simply have to take and compare two strategies: a simple running business strategy that really works and a market strategy that has only brought you losses. There are risks in both strategies, and in both strategies the success of trades is probabilistic, but there are still differences between them. And as soon as you see them you will stop playing and if you succeed you will find the right conditions to work on the market as a professional trader.

Hint: you need to look at the risks of the basic mechanism (principle) of making money in your strategy (business idea).

Dina Paches:

Greetings, Alexey. Apparently you and I both happened to write your post at the same time, and I made clarifying edits to what I meant in mine.

My site froze, so I couldn't add it in at once.

So, you've got the same old, stripped-down version in your quote.

As for "the fly and the elephant" - you, as I remember, express your opinions on the forum more often than I do. That's one. )

Two, the expression "making a big deal out of a fly", as far as I know, means: "...to exaggerate something, to attach unreasonable importance to something...".

From my point of view, it is precisely statements about the incorrectness of this type of statement that can be referred more to "making a big deal out of a fly". As far as I remember, it's not the first time such a thrust of assertion has been raised here on the forum.

Third: I could be wrong, but somehow I think that now by its meaning you meant more: "...silent woman, when men are talking...!", but you wrote something else entirely. )

Maybe that's because you meant differently.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

I've already written to you, but I'll repeat it: "And there's no need to stick software calculations in here, because you can't do them any other way." And you're back to me with documentation and a terminal which is built programmatically.

Every instrument has a minimum price change per tick, but a tick is not necessarily a point. The price may go over 30pp in one tick in a highly volatile market, for example at a news release, but the value and calculation of a pip does not change from that.

And if you are on this forum, it means that you are involved in stock trading, and there is no difference - directly or through a broker, but you should know the basic stock exchange terms, there are not many of them, then you will be competent in a conversation even with Soros himself).

To be precise, a tick is a period of time. And as you correctly noted, the price can either jump by 30pp per tick or stay in the same place.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

I've already written to you, but I'll repeat it: "And there's no need to stick software calculations in here, because you can't do them any other way." And you're back to me with documentation and a terminal which is built programmatically.

But if you are on this forum, you know stock trading, and it does not matter - directly or with a broker, but you should know the basic stock exchange terms, not so many, so you will be competent to even talk to Soros.)

"...And who are the judges...?"(c)

It's not for you to tell me what I owe.

If you can't do software calculations differently, but when trading is done via the terminal and programs are designed for the terminal, then it's not for you or others to tell, I suppose.

P./S.: I would like to ask your understanding of the tick , because in a tick it is not necessary to change the minimum price value by one:

...By the way the following question: in one tick will there necessarily be a movement of exactly one minimum unit of the price value of the pair?

after this phrase of yours:

...Take a simple formula and calculate: 10$/100000(counter\\lot) = 0.0001 this will be one point, no other is given, if you got a different number, then you got a tick...

Vitaly Muzichenko:

And if you are on this forum, it means that you are related to stock trading, and it makes no difference - directly or through a broker, but you should know basic stock terms, there are not many of them, then you will be competent to talk even to Soros himself).

If you want to talk to Soros - then yes, you need to learn the right "floor" stock slang from 20 years ago and with 4-digit non-alternative. And if you want to trade in the terminal - use the terms that are sewn into it, so as not to fool yourself and the "beginners". Dina showed you in detail - the price of the last digit of the quote in your trading terminal is called a pip. If the 6th digit appears, a pip will remain a pip - the price of the last digit, as it was at 4 digits and when dinosaurs traded eggs, no need to make up another pipette / pipettissimo

Dina Paches:

Well, it's written to you above, I'll give you more to read

The point price of a stock exchange quote, not a home quote from the MT terminal.

Everyone trades with a different quotation, who 4 digits, and who 5. And to avoid misunderstandings, the generally accepted quoted four digits, rather than "I have a homemade one", then everyone understands each other with one word, because there is a benchmark.

And there's no need to push the "selves" to the masses, because no one knows how many digits are in the terminal.

Dina Paches:

It is not for you to tell me what I should.

If you do not do the program calculations differently, but when trading is done through the terminal and the programs are designed for the terminal, it is not for you or others to point out, I suppose.

P./S.: I would like to ask your understanding of the tick , because in a tick it is not necessary to change the minimum value of the price by one unit:

after this phrase of yours:

Dean, Dean! you are not confusing the personal with the public, you are not being told how to program, just told as they say.

Alexey Busygin:
Dean, Dean! Don't confuse the personal with the public, no one is telling you how to program, they are just saying as they say.

What does the personal have to do with it? And I wasn't writing about not telling me how to program, I was writing about something else: https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/68677/page7#comment_2114841

You can reread it first: https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/68677/page5#comment_2114121

As for "they say what they say", that ' s what it says, and that's what it might say.

And here, as it is written in the Handbook.

Here, as it is in the trading terminal, and in the meantime, as it may well be said in real life.

People and situations may be different.

In general, if you think that what I have cited here from the Help and from the trading terminal is not correct, then why don't you prepare arguments and write applications to Service Desk?

Just in case, I will only say/assume that statements in this vein:"I already asked you - don't poke me with software calculations, don't be a dilettante!"(as Vitaly answered me, instead of answering my questions) are unlikely to be considered arguments by Service Desk either. As I suppose, such statements are unlikely to contribute to a constructive dialogue with them.

There is no point in me having any further conversation with you.

Alexander Puzanov:

Just of those situations, when being not a supporter of plus posts here on the forum, I still regretted once again not being able to silently plus your words about stitched terms and not to fudge the brains, about pipette and pipettissimo.

Like, for example, TheExpert's words (brevity and capacity of your printed phrases, Andrew, have many times made me respectfully admire them, but I can't learn / transfer them from you - though optimistically, probably even over-optimistically, I still hope for that).

Reason: