How can I tell if I have decompiled or not? - page 11

Ghenadie Tumco:

... I was wondering how I could redo the excelsior without opening it, and that's it.

find the source )

I see your point.

Are you going to mount the code of the indicator in the Expert Advisor in a penny-ante order yourself? Don't be ridiculous. <br / translate="no">

Never thought about it, I don't take part in freelancing as an executor...

Because of Mishek, the entire site could have been shut down for inciting ethnic hatred.

You are making too much out of it. Especially about complicity in the crime. Half of the forum could have seen this or any other decompiler - are they accomplices? I emphasized "saw" for a reason. When you see a decompile, report it to a moderator and go turn yourself in to the police... Your logic is titanium. Just put yourself in the place of a normal programmer: you are given a code and asked to make an EA for it. You see that it is decompiled. What will you do?

Maybe you won't believe it, but I don't work with decompiled code as a matter of principle, I don't work as a freelancer, despite that I am often and get many people with different kind of requests, depending on free time I help people for free. If the algorithm is complicated and requires a lot of time, I send the person to freelance. If a person sends me a decompiled code then I don't work with such requests and explain to the person that his code is "stolen".

Personally, if I don't have time, I can say that I do not work with stolen codes, if I have the time and desire, I will say that I do not need the source code and ask for an excerpt. Further - all according to "law" and without violating ethics. And if a person says he does not have an exerter? Then he is not on the subject, and therefore does not understand that the source code he had hacked. You either explain him where he has the executable, or take his code, compile it, and throw the source code away. You can even close your eyes to not see what is in it :)))

Perhaps you are not faced with the fact when your work is broken and then passed off as yours.

There is a difference: you are addressed by a person who doesn't understand it or a person who deliberately breaks the code and starts to sell it, for instance. Is there a line between these examples? Well, that case is the first of the two. And there is no need to tell "hackneyed truths" like "a thief if you know something is a thief if you don't know it is a thief too". It looks ridiculous.

Can you prove that the customer did not break the code himself? Under the pretext that there is already half of the finished code, you can offer a smaller sum. You may ask them to open an mq4 or ex4 code and they do not even know how to open mq4.

My opinion - you could spend a week in the bath, all who responded to this request - a day to reflect that the customer need to tell him that he was wrong with his decompiling, and let him replace it with an excerpt, but not to grab the job. Because - my opinion - it should have been a job to write your own code with an executable file of the indicator connected. Whether with a resource or like that... And everyone would have been satisfied.

I agree with you, and in general it would be correct to make a freelance service or forum-wide button like "Check code legality before submission", the client uploaded the code, the site engine checked it and gave a conclusion.

Vladimir Pastushak:

I've never thought about it, I don't work as a freelancer...

Maybe you won't believe it but I don't work with decompiled code as a matter of principle, I don't work as a freelancer, despite that I am often and a lot of people with different kinds of requests, depending on free time I help people for free. If the algorithm is complicated and requires a lot of time I send the person to freelance. If a person sends me a decompiled code then I don't work with such requests and explain to the person that his code is "stolen".

Perhaps you are not faced with the fact when your work is broken and then passed off as yours.

Can you prove that the client did not break the code himself? Under the pretext that there is already half of the finished code, you can offer a smaller sum. They do not even know how to open mq4.

I agree with you, in general, it would be appropriate to make a button in freelance service or on the entire forum such as, "Check the validity of the code before sending", the client uploaded the code, the site engine checked it and gave a conclusion.

You're exaggerating a lot.

If you put a series of questions to you:

1) write an Expert Advisor by the arrow.mq4 indicator - would you agree?

Of course, you will answer "yes".

And if you put the question like this:

1*) write an Expert Advisor by the indicator arrow.mq4, the code is decompiled, the client doesn't know about it - will you agree?

Of course, your answer is "no".

And if you put your question like this after your "no":

2) Write an Expert Advisor based on the arrow.ex4 indicator - will you agree?

Your answer will be "yes".

So where is your principled position? Why don't you check the indicator ex4, maybe it is compiled from decompiled code? Why don't you request from the customer the right to use ex4 indicator? Maybe he stole ex4 indicator?

What happens if you decompile decompiled code with a cracked decompiler?

Anton Zverev:
10 years ban

Andrey F. Zelinsky:
10 year ban.
No further questions)

Anton Zverev:
Another article - decompiling with special cynicism in a perverted form

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

You exaggerate a lot.

So where is your position of principle? Why don't you check ex4 indicator, maybe it is compiled from decompiled code? Why don't you request from the customer the right to use ex4 indicator? Maybe he stole ex4 indicator?

Bingo!

Vladimir Pastushak:

Never thought about it, I don't take part in freelancing as a contractor...

That's one of the key points - you don't know the cuisine, but you're trying to be a chef.

Vladimir Pastushak:

Perhaps you haven't experienced your work being broken and then passed off as your own.

I haven't, but I can't know for sure. I have encountered cases when codes of my good friends were passed off as theirs by changing the header in the source code and leaving the rest of the code "as is". It was even discussed in our forum. On the fourth forum, one person on the fourth forum misrepresented Igor Kim's code as his own. Insolently and unceremoniously. Source code. This is despicable, vile and low.

Don't think I am for decompilers - no, I am definitely against them. But you have to look at the circumstances. Either you think anyone who offers you code is a thief, or you think before you accuse.

Vladimir Pastushak:

Can you prove that customer didn't hack the code himself? Under the pretext that there is already half of finished code so you can offer less money. The majority of those who do not understand them are sending both mq4 and ex4 codes and do not even know how to open mq4.

No, I don't. But you cannot prove that you are making money by breaking other people's codes. Or have the presumption of innocence been already cancelled? So you'd better prove guilt first. Otherwise I will show you code that looks like decompiled - you will become a thief because you saw this code.

Artyom Trishkin:

On the fourth forum, a man was passing off Igor Kim's codes as his own. Brazenly and unceremoniously. Source code. That's despicable, despicable and despicable.

Why the 4th forum? -- he's here now -- both in marketplace and freelance.

Here's an example of his code in the codebase https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/9835

Kim wrote in all his features:

//+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
//|  Автор    : Ким Игорь В. aka KimIV,  http://www.kimiv.ru                   |
//+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+

But if you look at the "doer" code, Kim's copyright is rubbed out there.

Where are the human rights speakers here?

That's where the copyright is really being violated. Why isn'tVladislav Andruschenko, a repeat offender of other people's copyrights, in jail for 10 years?

Reason: