Basic questions from a newcomer - page 7

first_may:
On zero. But you have to get an alert once.
Not a problem. Declare, for example, variable ctr = 0 of int type (or any other integer). After the signal - ctr++. And then check the condition: if a new candle is not formed and ctr > 0 - do not generate the signal. After the formation of a new candle, the variable ctr should be reset. The ctr variable is static or global (static is better).

Hello. Don't kick me too much, I'm just at the beginning of my journey) I downloaded the terminal, read how and downloaded the quotes, decided to try to test an EA in it and immediately got stuck for the day. I have already downloaded the terminal and started using it for the first time since I have started using it for the first time.)

1) Expert Advisor MACD_Sample, when I try to set the test pattern all ticks like this:

2021.12.06 18:24:51.224 TestGenerator: write file error

I attached a picture. What is it? I attached a picture.

2) Advisor MACD_Sample, defaultEA settings, I test using "Open prices" once by ticks, no luck... Successive runs on the same data in the tester give different results. I choose a fixed spread, do I change any other variables of the testing environment? I attached a picture too.

Files:
1v.jpg  103 kb
2v.jpg  89 kb

Sceptorist EA settings, I am testing against "Open prices" times by ticks, no luck... Successive runs on the same data in the tester give different results. I choose a fixed spread, are there any other testing environment variables changing? I have attached a picture too.

Most likely not enough hard drive space. Close the terminal and delete /tester/ directory completely at the root.

Clean your disk from unnecessary files.

Quotes history can be gig or more.

Nikita Chernyshov #:

It's more likely that there's not enough space on the hard drive.

Thank you very much and humanly for the right direction. Even though it wasn't about hard drive space, it was about the security settings that prohibit writing large files to removable disks. The "kick" was in exactly the right direction, without it I would have been puzzled for a long time...

And with the second question, different test results for the same period and the same settings? Can someone "kick it"? I already realise that in terms of 'opening prices' this is quite an estimation model, but still? It's about pennies, but for mech results processing, the difference is fundamental.... There's a thought, e.g. different point value in the deposit currency at the time of running the test, could this be the case?

Sceptorist test results for the same period and the same settings? Can someone "kick it"? I already realise that by "opening prices" this is quite an estimation model, but still? It's about pennies, but for the mech processing of the results, the difference is fundamental.... There's a thought, e.g. different point value in the deposit currency at the time of running the test, could this be the case?

If the point value is different, there will be an impact, but especially a different spread at the time of launch will have an impact.

Volodymyr Zubov #:

If the point value is different, there will be an impact, but especially a different spread at the time of launch will have an impact.

The spread is set manually... Or is this function not working? So the point value. Makes sense. Thank you.

But then another question) Save. In the process of running the optimisation process, can this cost of an item change? Or is it taken at the time of launch? Where can I read about it? Although I'm probably asking about the obviousness... I remember my trading as trader, I`ve heard about MetaTrader, but I didn`t get used to it...

Hello.

Can you please tell me how I can close only a part of an open position? That is, for example, there was an open Long position for 10 shares - how can I reduce the position by 4 shares? Or is it impossible to do this in mt5?

Vladislav Krivorutsko open position? That is, for example, there was an open Long position for 10 shares - how can I reduce the position by 4 shares? Or it cannot be done in MT5?

And what prevents you from selling 4 shares?

Reason: