Help me find a laptop - page 2

Alexey Oreshkin:

the laptop is not for serious workloads anyway

Let me disagree with you. ASUS has a pretty good, performance-wise, ROG GX800VH laptop. It has a Core i7-7820HK, four cores up to 3.9GHz and a GeForce GTX 1080. The laptop is positioned as a gaming laptop. So, for everyday tasks, it's all the more suitable.

khorosh:
I mostly watch TV programmes from the archive on the desktop. And I trade from my laptop half-lying on the sofa. When rate of getting quotes is very high, my notebook cannot cope with it and hangs. Then I go to a stationary computer and, if necessary, make some actions.

Then all the more, connect to the desktop via RDP, it will be fast and no load on the laptop.

khorosh:

Are Intel and AMD processors at the same clock speed comparable in performance?

AMD is a big loser to Intel. Apparently MQL is tailored for Intel. Or AMD overestimates its promises.

Alexey Oreshkin:

all the same, the main thing, as they said above - ssd.
the notebook is not for serious loads anyway, so in my opinion this is the most important point - only ssd and no hdd/cd/dvd

ssd is a fairy tale. It has no effect on speed, maybe just consumes less power and weighs less.

danminin:

RAM.
8gb will be enough for everything......

I have to disagree with this - if you work with tick history, 8GB of memory will be categorically insufficient.

khorosh:
Probably also need a normal video card, not an inbuilt one.

A video card is not necessary for MT at all. It is better when it is built in, it takes a lot of time and energy to send data to an external graphics card.

MT does not need 3D graphics, the simpler the graphics card the better.

Sergey Chalyshev:

A video card is not necessary for MT at all. It is better when it is built in, it takes a lot of time and energy to send data to an external graphics card.

MT does not need 3D graphics, the simpler the graphics card, the better.

And when you have a lot of graphics with different tools with a good discrete card, it speeds up the work. Moreover it has its own memory. I remember my first computer had an integrated graphics card, so I wasn't very happy with its performance. And now I have a discrete desktop card, works pretty fast though without SSD.

Serhii Shevchuk:

Let me disagree with you. ASUS has a pretty good, performance-wise, ROG GX800VH laptop. It has a Core i7-7820HK, four cores up to 3.9GHz and a GeForce GTX 1080. The laptop is positioned as a gaming laptop. So, for everyday tasks, it's all the more suitable.

And it's priced at almost half a million.

khorosh:
And when a lot of graphics with different tools with a good discrete card, it speeds up the work. Moreover, it has its own memory. I remember my first computer had a built-in graphics card, so something performance I was not very happy with. And now I have a discrete desktop card, works pretty fast though without SSD.

I don't quite understand embedded and discrete, or am I not expressing myself correctly.

I mean embedded in the processor, not built into the motherboard.

khorosh:
When you have a lot of graphics with different tools with a good discrete card it speeds up the work. Moreover it has its own memory. I remember my first computer had an integrated graphics card, so I wasn't really happy with its performance. And now I have a discrete desktop card, works pretty fast though without SSD.

If you're not planning a laptop for gaming, it's best not to buy one with discrete, as they often die, especially if you don't clean the dust off in time. At the moment, built-in VCRs are quite efficient, and the price of the laptop will be several times lower.

Processor unambiguously or Intel, or not to buy at all, and to pick up some money and buy Intel.

Reason: