Wishes for MQL5 - page 87

I myself learned practical C programming from Herbert Schildt back in the late eighties. Then I read a few more of his books. As the years have passed, I can say that Schildt is a good writer. But a bad programmer.

The Indicator I recently wrote had the following:

extern string MAs_Mode = "MODE_SMA";

And it was safely compiled and even seemed to work.

Today I needed to copy the MT to another computer, and that's when it popped up - the log file for one day yesterday exceeded 1GB!

(and there's the same error).

Please specify the data type for MODE_s in the documentation - it's an int, not a string !?

Why did the compiler miss such a thing? And if it did, then what "objections" can there be?

If MT will be installed on the same logical drive with WinXP and because of such an error there is no free space left,

The whole hard drive might crash in a few days.

<<<=== Maybe it would be better to add forced Alert over MT instead of blindly reproducing this error in log file.

At least people will know there's a problem.

chief2000 >> :

The Indicator I recently wrote had the following:

And it was safely compiled and seemed to work.

No comments...

I want a "Visual human strategy tester" (manually setting orders and viewing the result)

Although I already wrote it myself in MQL4, but it's still complicated... ... tedious...

I can post it as an example in hope that developers will do it in MT5.

I don't know if anyone has already written about this: I would like a tick strategy tester, and the information about the tick in the archive is accompanied by information about the spread.

Thus, the reality of the tester results will be much higher, due to the reality of the spread. Now you test during the day - one result, and when you start at night with

a different spread at night - completely different.

Graphic objects.

I would like ObjectsCreate and ObjectsDeleteAll (where there is a reference to the window number) to be able to work with its subwindow by default. I.e. if such command is executed from the indicator, the object is created/deleted by default in the subwindow of this indicator, if not specified otherwise.

For example, if we display several copies of one indicator with the same ShortName, we have to take special measures to make it work correctly.

The problem, of course, can be solved by 'Subwindow number detection method', but why this hassle?

Svinozavr >> :

Graphic objects.

I would like ObjectsDeleteAll and ObjectsCreate (where there is a reference to window number) to be able to work with their subwindow by default.

Implemented.

Rosh >> :

Implemented.

Thank you.

Another question. Will it be possible to determine before the missed bars are downloaded that there will be a download?

After all, now it's like this (there was a break in connection, weekend break, etc.)

For example, now (there was a connection interruption, weekend break, etc.).

So, I have to take special measures to ignore ticks after resume link to resuming.

Rosh писал(а) >>

Implemented.

It is worth mentioning, however, that custom indicators can perform purely computational tasks and do not have access to any windows or graphical objects.

stringo >> :

It is worth mentioning, however, that custom indicators can perform purely computational tasks and do not have access to any windows or graphical objects.

They can. >> Clearly they can. I just don't see what this has to do with my question on graphics and the answer to it.

Reason: