Safe martingale. - page 7

khorosh:
First, this method allows the lot to be increased faster, which leads to faster profit growth. As for adequacy, I can tell you one thing: you cannot judge which method is more adequate without knowing the essence of one of them.
What do you mean "more" ..... what percentage you put and the odds are the one that increases faster.
In case of percentage lot management it is not the "starting lot" but the one below it.

Ivan Vagin:
Of course it is twofold, if not threefold, from the start of the trade to its completion the lot size changes, at least up to this point that is how I understood the martingale, you did not mention anything about a fixed lot in a single trade....
You may have misunderstanding because you use MT5, while I use MT4. In MT5 there may be several entries in one trade. In MT4 one entry is one trade.

Ivan Vagin:
What do you mean "more" ..... What percentage you set and the odds are going to be the fastest.
and with percentage lot management, it is not the 'starting lot' but the one below the previous lot in the loss streak
Percentage increase can be applied using those conditions which make it safe to increase the lot. The proposed method does not exclude the possibility of calculating the lot as a percentage of the deposit. It doesn't change the matter. The normal percentage increase of the lot size in case of alternating losing and profitable trades, and losing trades with a larger lot size will lead to additional losses in comparison with the fixed lot size trading variant. There is no additional loss when the security conditions for increasing the lot size are met.

it's so clear that alternating trades will lead to more losses. Again the problem is how to predict that alternating trades will appear! In fact, without this, the system makes no sense, that is the main feature!

In the end, it comes down to an average continuous series of profitable TC trades.
This MM is the brother of the method where a MA is thrown on the equity to control the lot.

Maxim Romanov:
it's so clear that alternating trades lead to more losses. Again the problem is how to predict that alternating trades will appear! In fact, without it the system makes no sense, this is the main feature!
I do not understand why I should predict it. Safe increasing of lot does not need it, it always works effectively regardless of the market situation (any alternation of losing and profitable trades: ++-+----+-++++---+-+ any combination in general). Efficient in the sense that it does not add additional losses to the original EA, but increases the overall profit and recovery factor.

khorosh:
I don't understand why predicting is necessary. Safe lot increment does not need it, it always works effectively regardless of the market situation (any alternation of losing and profitable trades: ++-+----+-++++---+-+ any combination at all). Effective in the sense that it does not add additional losses to the original EA, but increases the overall profit and recovery factor.
Theoretically, your system should work profitably when the profitable trades should be about 55% (including spread), multiplier 2 and TP=SL. So ?

khorosh:
Why predicting is beyond my comprehension. Safe lot size doesn't need it, it always works effectively independent of market conditions (any alternation of losing and profitable trades: ++-+----+-++++---+-+ any combination in general). Effective in the sense that it does not add additional losses to the initial Expert Advisor, but increases total profits and the recovery factor.
any series of trades is most effective when the deposit percentage load is 1-2% provided that the profit loss is distributed 50/50 or so and the series of more than one hundred trades

percentage load in absolute terms and leads to an increase in lot size in a profitable series and a decrease in lot size in a losing series :-)

Alexandr Murzin:
Theoretically, your system should work profitable if the profitable trades should be about 55% (including the spread), multiplier 2 and TP=SL. Right?
No, it is not. Even if the Expert Advisor is losing, the method of increasing the lot in question will not increase its unprofitability. But it is getting warmer. Just do not pay attention to what the initial EA is losing or profitable, it does not matter.

khorosh:
I don't understand why predicting is necessary. Safe lot increment does not need it, it always works effectively regardless of the market situation (any alternation of losing and profitable trades: ++-+----+-++++---+-+ any combination at all). Efficient in the sense that it does not add additional losses to the original EA, but increases the overall profit and recovery factor.
Prove it's not any combination?
Reason: