a trading strategy based on Elliott Wave Theory - page 275

to Candid
And still, if we call a heavy calculation from the indicator through the script. Will the new data stop it or not? I just have not implemented anything in MT yet, but I want to know it beforehand. :о)
I've already walked away from a specific recommendation once :). One thing is how something should work and another thing is whether it will work like that in reality. If I understand correctly the ideology of MT4, everything should be fine, i.e. the tester should wait for the end of the calculation anyway. What will be realistic? You tell me when you know :)
The idea is interesting, but, for example, for me it is not so important because there are no parameters that can influence the subsequent calculation. Or rather, there are parameters, but they are interconnected and calculation of the value of one implies calculation of the next, i.e. they define each other.

Well, what if you decide to use a stoploss? Or vary the lot size? Or look for an extra filter for entry? Believe me, the result of the first run is very rarely conclusive. I mean, if it takes a week, I'd write down the results, just in case

I've already walked away from a specific recommendation once :). It's one thing how something is supposed to work and another thing whether it will actually work that way. If I understand the MT4 ideology correctly, everything должно should be fine, i.e. the tester should at any rate wait for the end of the calculation. What will be realistic? You tell me when you know :)

I understand it, I just wanted to see how this thing would work in real time, but okay, I'll figure it out.

I'll tell you how I got out of this situation, if it comes to full implementation in MT.

What if you decide to use stoploss? Or vary the lot size? Or look for an extra filter for entry? Believe me, the result of the first run is very rarely conclusive. So if it takes a week, I would write down the results, just in case

It's the same all things considered, no amateurism here either. Experience, to say the least.... fortunately :o)

2 grasn
It takes about 10-30 minutes to calculate a simplified model in MathCAD, depending on the length of the channel. It calculates one most probable level, which price will reach from the current value in some expected time with a scatter from 3 hours to 1.5 weeks. The test results are quite good. <br / translate="no">.

Well, with such a ratio of calculation time to prediction range the trader still has enough time :-))
It would be interesting to see how much the calculation time will change after migration to MT. And in what direction. Maybe you won't need dll.
What TFs do you use for calculation?

And yet, if I call the heavy calculation through the script from the indicator. Will the new data stop it or not? I just have not implemented anything in MT yet, but I want to know in advance.

Someone here on the forum raised the topic "Running a script from an indicator". I did not look there, but perhaps there is an answer to your question. Search for it.
It seems to me that if you have managed to start the script from an indicator, they operate independently.
Explain why you need such a scheme and what you want to achieve with it.

to Yurixx

<br/ translate="no"> Well, with this ratio of calculation time to forecast range the trader still has enough to do :-))
It would be interesting to see how much the calculation time will change when switching to MT. And in what direction. Maybe we won't need dll.
What TFs do you use for calculation?

For a trader there is enough time, but if you choose the tactic of holding several open positions you may encounter problems. I hope this dll will not be needed, I have simplified things quite good. We shall see. When I finally finish the model I will start (or rather I have already started optionally) to write functions. :о)

PS: forgot to add, the calculation goes on the clock

Someone here on the forum raised the topic "Running a script from an indicator". I did not look there, but it may be the answer to your question. Have a look for it.
It seems to me that if you have successfully launched the script from an indicator, they operate independently.
Explain why you need such a scheme and what you want to get out of it

Thanks, will look for it. And the point is to take the long calculation out of the EA, not to prevent it from controlling the current situation of open orders. But this is in case of full implementation in MT.

And the point is to take the long calculation out of the EA, not to prevent it from controlling the current situation on open orders. But this is for the case of full implementation in MT. <br / translate="no">.

Ahh :). Something I'm not paying enough attention these days, because of the heat :). In general, I have an impression that any resource-intensive calculation seriously slows down all other functions of the terminal. However, to check it you do not need to charge a week long calculation, if not 10 minutes, maybe half an hour will be enough for testing.
P.S. In the sense that to begin with, maybe just write a "dummy" that takes the processor for half an hour. at the same time, you can work out the interaction between the Expert Advisor and the script and decide on the advisability of using such a scheme.

<br/ translate="no"> Ah :). I'm not paying enough attention these days, because of the heat :)

Well, yes, that's what I wrote earlier:

I have a question for perspective. The concern is that the Expert Advisor will be "off" for an objectively long time, and hence will not be involved in monitoring the process on current orders. I suppose that calling the script will also not help - the Expert Advisor will wait until the script is executed...

Probably because of the heat I cannot formulate my question correctly :o)

I have the impression that any resource-intensive calculation seriously slows down all other functions of the terminal. However, you don't have to run a weekly calculation to check it, if not a 10-minute one, then a half-hour one will probably be enough.

From memory it looks like this. I used to use computationally "capacitive" digital filters once. Everything was a bit slow, but there's no one to blame but myself.

P.S. In the sense that to start can just write a "dummy" that takes the processor for half an hour. at the same time you can work out the interaction of expert and script and decide on the feasibility of such a scheme.

Here I'm wondering in how many seconds, the computer will complete an infinite loop. :о))))

Here I am wondering in how many seconds, the computer will complete an infinite loop. :о))))

Why complete it? Is it supposed to go from flag to flag?

Вот я и думаю, за сколько секунд, компьютер завершит бесконечный цикл. :о))))

Why complete it? Is it supposed to go from flag to flag?

It's a famous joke :o)))

to Yurixx

Thank you, I will be looking for it. And the point is to take the long calculation out of the Expert Advisor, not to prevent it from controlling the current situation on open orders. But this is in case of full implementation in MT.

I understood that from the beginning. But you keep asking about launching the script from the indicator. What does the indicator have to do with it? That's what I was asking.

to Yurixx

Спасибо, буду искать. А смысл в том, что бы вывести длительный расчет из эксперта, не мешать ему контролировать текущую ситуацию по открытым ордерам. Но это на случай полной реализации в MT.

I understood that from the beginning. But you keep asking about running the script from an indicator. What does the indicator have to do with it? That's what I was asking.

It was just one of the suggestions how to get out of the situation when Expert Advisor will not start() until it calculates everything and in addition you suggested that the indicator will cancel the calculation after coming of new quotes. So I am wondering...
Reason: