a trading strategy based on Elliott Wave Theory - page 182

Actually, no. The time for that bet isn't over yet, and summing it up ahead of time isn't serious. <br / translate="no"> Not to mention the fact that that bet has more of a humorous connotation than a principled one. You can't judge anything on one occasion. Not about EWT, not about how Alex uses it, not about my abilities. I'm against it.

I agree, I'm not entirely correct, I take it back. I hope no one is offended. :о)))

There is a small "how-to" question. The algorithm goes through the bars from the current (zero) to the history on the hourly chart (it doesn't matter, the main thing is on a different chart from the minute chart). By some condition of triggering, the algorithm should request all data of the minute chart Open[], High[], Low[], Close[] strictly corresponding to the bar of the higher chart. I suppose that only the following functions can be used:

iOpen(string symbol, int timeframe, int shift)
iHigh(string symbol, int timeframe, int shift)
iLow(string symbol, int timeframe, int shift)
iClose(string symbol, int timeframe, int shift)

Everything is clear with the first two parameters, the question is about the third. Do I understand correctly that indexing of arrays supplied by these functions is performed separately and is not related to indexing of Open[], High[], Low[], Close[]. Under what conditions are these indexes reindexed?

Here's how to elegantly switch from the bar index on the older chart to the correct "int shift" indexes in the ixxx( string symbol, int timeframe, int shift) functions. Or are there other ways?

Check out the function int iBarShift( string symbol, int timeframe, datetime time, bool exact=false)

I think it's easy to find the required interval on M1, i.e. start and end shift.

Here's how to move gracefully from the bar index on the senior chart to the correct "int shift" indexes in the ixxx( string symbol, int timeframe, int shift) functions. Or are there other ways?

I use these
:///////////////////////////////////////////////////////// datetime bar2time(int b){int t; if(b<0) t=Time[0]-(b)*TFsec; else if(b>(Bars-1)) t=Time[Bars-1]-(b-Bars+1)*TFsec; else t=Time[b]; return(t);} ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////// int time2bar(datetime t){int b,t0=Time[0]; if(t>t0) b=(t0-t)/TFsec; else if(t<Time[Bars-2]) b=(Bars-2)+(Time[Bars-2]-t)/TFsec; else b=iBarShift(0,0,t); return(b);}

(where TFsec=Period()*60;)

if you add finesse, you lose accuracy. :/

the principle behind all such conversions: time in MT4 is measured in seconds.

Thank you very much! I just haven't come across this kind of task yet and have little experience. I what I've done works kind of badly, i.e. it works well but it lies, which is bad. :о)

Up to 300 bar, Hurst would not suspect anything (checked). Given that it's an H1 (hour) period then from 300 bar to 700, er how much would that be ... out of 700-300, exactly! 400 hours!!! Isn't that enough time for you? :o)<br/ translate="no">
Considering the neighbour's 0.909 and the accuracy of the calculation,(and given its reversal nature: all showing up and one showing down) you can at least give this extremum the attention it deserves. At any rate, to keep such a development in mind and to follow it.

Kudos! Afftar is on!

I've been doing the same kind of research for the last few months, but I use a geometric approach, because geometry is easier for me than algebra... (by the way, you can also look at the process as a set of sine waves with different frequencies, or as a constantly expanding - contracting spiral), but it doesn't matter...

actually, what I'm trying to say is... It sounds unbelievable, but on the basis of that picture I also see that up to 290 bars everything was going in up-trend, then some process starts forming, and it starts to show itself about 390, and by 490 it's clear that the trend has reversed, i.e. the most part of its parameters is known...
(it's hard for me to be more precise right now, because I'm still learning, and I don't know a lot).

<br / translate="no"> Score!

I can't translate it, apparently my vocabulary is poor.

actually what i mean... It sounds unbelievable, but on the basis of that picture I also see that till 290 bar everything was going in up-trend, then some process starts to form, and it starts to show itself around 390, and by 490 it's clear that the trend has reversed, i.e. the most part of its parameters is known...
(it's hard for me to be more precise right now, because I'm still learning, and I don't know a lot).

That's good, so your method works :o)

зачот! аффтар жжот!

I can't translate, my vocabulary must be poor.
These are internet jargon.
The first one means deep satisfaction with the quality of information received and the second one expresses the pleasure of reading. :)

That's good, so your method works :o)
and yours :)

in fact, i wanted to show a possibly doubtful reader that you don't need to have any special qualities to understand what most people consider to be some kind of mystery or mysticism, but just have the desire and diligence to do so.

<br / translate="no"> Score!
these are internet jargon.
the first one means deep satisfaction with the quality of information received and the second one expresses the pleasure of reading. :)

In a nutshell. Recalls the phrase, "what a busy language ..." from the good old movie "A dog in the hay" (in the original, it seems, such words were not) So immediately and do not realize that you're praised. And I was scratching my head, wondering what it could mean :o)

in fact, i wanted to show a possible doubting reader that you don't have to have any special qualities to understand what most people consider to be a mystery or mystic, just desire and diligence.

I can assure you that the members of this forum have all these qualities in abundance. :о)

зачот! аффтар жжот!

это интернет-жаргонизмы.
первый означает глубокое удовлетворение качеством полученой информации, а второй выражает удовольствие полученое при чтении. :)
In a nutshell. Recalls the phrase, "what a busy language ..." from the good old movie "A dog in the hay" (in the original, it seems, such words were not) So immediately and did not realize that you're praised. And I was scratching my head, wondering what it could mean :o)
:)
In such cases, if you can't think of it yourself, I launch Yandex.dictionaries, and for sorkatsii - sokr.ru

I actually wanted to show a possibly doubtful reader that you don't have to have any special qualities to figure out what most people consider to be a mystery or mysticism, but just the desire and diligence to do so.
I can assure you that the members of this forum have all these qualities in abundance. :о)

I noticed that. Otherwise I wouldn't have written here...

P.S. I finished reading Vorobiev's book and found out in which area, in theory, there should be some kind of mathematical basis for what I am studying. this area is game theory.
Reason: